• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Literature To Witness To A Jew?

2T3:16

• Members

My mother who is in her 60's has become interested in her Jewish roots (she indicated she was an atheist/"spiritualist" when I was younger) and is not saved but reading the "Tanakh" ... since she is constantly reading now that she is not working anymore ... it is a good time to suggest reading material but we hit a "dead end" on the New Testament. Any suggestions?

• Members

Visit the Hope of Israel Baptist Mission website.  There is tons of information on that site.

Hope of Israel Baptist Mission

I would recommend that you pretty much stick to missions which evangelize Jewish people. Stay away from the "Messianic/Hebrew Roots" groups....they don't evangelize....they "Judaize" (mainly Gentiles). 

Three great Jewish evangelism ministries/missions are:

Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry, Inc.

International Board of Jewish Missions

Jewish Awareness Ministries

Those three all have websites and I think they all have Facebook pages.

• Members

I mentioned that and my mom responded " I'm not up to that yet" ... I think a book is more likely to capture her attention.

Does she read Hebrew? 

If she does, Hope of Israel Baptist Mission sells the Hebrew-English New Covenant Prophecy edition. 

• Members

As much as I disagree with Dr. Michael Brown about his charismatic and Arminian perspectives, he actually has some good material on answering Jewish questions in a book called, "Answering Jewish OBjections". It's simple and Dr. Brown has is fluent in Hebrew and Hebraisms. Eventually, my brother-in- law and I are writing something on this since there really are not that many writings from a fundamentalist perspective that are greatly detailed and thoroughly apologetic. I don't have an FB page so I'll pass this on to Elisha and see if he already has some resources in mind.

• Members

Isaiah chapter 53 is one.

A word of warning. Some Jews consider "God's Servant" from that chapter to be the nation of Israel, and their suffering throughout the centuries, and not a reference to the Messiah. I'm not saying I agree with them, I am just stating fact.

Source: http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org/prooftext10is53.html

Archived