• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jerrynumbers?

DaveW

• Members

He got fed up with the rampant apostasy and heresies here lately and left. I miss him but have no way of contacting him.

Are you certain that's all?

It just doesn't seem like him to leave without saying anything.

I know he was a bit miffed with all the carry on. He's no orphan in that either.

• Members

The constant crazy theories put forth as biblical fact, people getting upset over nothing, personal assaults rather than discussion, people not reading posts, or not reading them carefully, and then lashing out, various false religionists spreading their unbiblical positions, false gospels being promoted...on and on.

Yes, Jerry was fed up with it and he's not the only one, as if we look around there are some others no longer posting and others not posting as much.

• Members

As I said, I was concerned that it might have been for health reasons.

That has been answered and it was hinted that there are other reasons best not divulged.

I don't think it helpful to ascribe more to the situation than is evident.

• Members

Well I did have private correspondence with him right before he left.  However, I sure hope he and the Mrs. are doing well and have been praying for them.

I miss your posts too Marty!

Nature abhors a vacuum and when those sound in doctrine depart, the heretics will take over.

• Members

Perhaps conviction that any forum by design is intended as anonymous fellowship and entertainment. Not an OBsession and substitution for a real life. Anyone with that many posts has taken this far past a normal passtime. Especially for a man with a family, working in a church, having actual Christian fellowship and having a jOB. He would have to be giving up some real things to post that much. I am guessing he realized it so good for him. Don't get me wrong, nothing abnormal about a housewife passing the time on here (she could be doing far worse on the internet) but some men here are extreme, post ten mini novels a day and seem to have a comment on every single subject. Really? What grown man has that kind of time? The gent that created this thing hardly posts on here.

A couple of departures said it best: Why don't we all turn off our computers for a while and go soulwinning. After all, we should all realize that this is just talk, most of which is unfruitful. Surely we have other things to do, don't we?

Think about it

• Members

I miss Jerry, too.  He mentioned that his health was declining.  That is why I was worried about him.  Still keeping him in prayer.

Perhaps conviction that any forum by design is intended as anonymous fellowship and entertainment. Not an OBsession and substitution for a real life. Anyone with that many posts has taken this far past a normal passtime. Especially for a man with a family, working in a church, having actual Christian fellowship and having a jOB. He would have to be giving up some real things to post that much. I am guessing he realized it so good for him. Don't get me wrong, nothing abnormal about a housewife passing the time on here (she could be doing far worse on the internet) but some men here are extreme, post ten mini novels a day and seem to have a comment on every single subject. Really? What grown man has that kind of time? The gent that created this thing hardly posts on here.

A couple of departures said it best: Why don't we all turn off our computers for a while and go soulwinning. After all, we should all realize that this is just talk, most of which is unfruitful. Surely we have other things to do, don't we?

Think about it

If I had children at home, I would not be posting on the Internet.  I am a housewife, but don't OBsess about posting in every thread.   I find time in my day to witness to the lost.  Sure, it is nice to join with brothers and sisters in Christ, but I also have a passion to plant seeds, and win people to Christ.  

Archived