• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Your Pastor Human?

The Glory Land

• Members

John,

The worst college professor I had wasn't that hateful. But at the end of a long lecture in Sociology class on why he was an "agnostic", he said that
"God" spelled backwards was "dog", and wrote it on the blackboard. I got saved about 5 years later and went back to witness to him but he wasn't there. That is about 1981 and he was about retirement age then. i sure hope he got right with the Lord before he went out into eternity.

That was the grand conclusion of all his years of education and research? That "God" spelled backwards was "dog"? You should have asked for your money back.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Black History class I took was supposedly a class on the history of blacks. The class began with "great black civilizations and accomplishments" in the ancient world and then went the rest of the class was spent on blacks in American history.

As bad as the class sounds, once he got through the ancient "history" and earlier American "history" and got to the more contemporary part (after WWII) much of what he taught was actually closer to the truth than most other history classes dare teach. He was very open and honest when it came to presenting stuff from the "civil rights" era, the Nation of Islam, MLK and aspects of racism on all sides.

While nearly everything he taught regarding black history prior to the contemporary era was false, the portion on the contemporary era was very interesting. It's a shame he didn't simply teach a contemporary black history class, which could have been helpful to many students. While most blacks in the class ate up the false history, many were upset with his presentation of the contemporary history.

This professor also bruised some black egos when he would denounce modern black ghetto culture, black men disrespecting black women, fatherless homes, the typical black disdain for education and work. The professor was a smaller black man, maybe 5 foot 4 inches, but when one of the big black athletes in the class started using the "b" word referring to black women that little professor stormed into the seating and laid into that student. No more use of the "b" word in that class, and if I recall correctly, no cussing at all. The professor during the first couple of days of class made it clear he considered the use of cuss words to be a lazy mans excuse for a vocabulary and would target those who used such for special attention.

He was very radical, taught many lies for facts, was all for the demise of whites and looked forward to blacks ruling American then the planet, but I'm glad I took the class.

• Members

That was the odd part, the professors contemporary teachings were very accurate. He lived through that time and was involved in some of that history.

He was selective in what aspects of contemporary black history he touched upon, so in some respects that could have distorted some points, but overall, that which he did cover, he covered more accurately than the average history class did or even does today. Other history classes on that era tend to be very PC and in an effort to boost the PC version of "history" they add falsehoods. The professor chose to put forth the good and bad. Then he put forth what he thought should have been done...which had he had any power of influence back then he would have called for an all out race war calling on blacks to kill whitey and take over America. While I believe he was delusional in believing that if blacks had launched an all out race war against whites they would have prevailed and America would be a black run paradise now; for some reason he firmly held to that position.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Maybe it's not the pastor who is smoking pot...

You ask to many questions, did you fall out the crib as a kid? You don't have to answer. :(

Arbo wasn't even asking one question, TGL, let alone many.

I've heard that pot can do things to one's reading and comprehension abilities. Just sayin', pops. :popcorn:

• Members

I could be wrong, but I think that it is TGL's knowing English as a second language, as he is hispanic.  Just sayin'...

I used to think that the first five or six times, Candlelight, but not anymore with TGL's track record.

• Members

I used to think that the first five or six times, Candlelight, but not anymore with TGL's track record.

I understand, Al.

Yes, he does seem to understand what he wants to... :wink

I kinda thought that, HC.   :icon_smile:  I am just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Archived