• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can We Talk About A Pre-Tribulation Rapture...

• Members

Prophecy would seem to indicate the anti-Christ will come from somewhere in the Middle East. I believe it was LuAnne, a long while back, who posted some good information regarding the anti-Christ possibly coming from Syria.

In any event, there are those who try to say America is Babylon where the anti-Christ will rise in power. However, Revelation 18:24 rules such out, "In her was found the blood of prophets and of God's holy people, of all who have been slaughtered on the earth."

America hasn't even been around for 250 years, certainly not long enough to have slaughtered "all" on earth.

Now, if one believes in a pre-trib rapture, that means Christians won't be here during any of the tribulation period and there is no point in trying to decipher details of that time. God gave us a general overview, which is all we need.

Constantly trying to predict what current event means we are about to enter the tribulation, and thus Christians raptured, has really brought about much skepticism among many Christians and non-Christians alike.

We are called to recognize the fact that Christ will return one day and that today is the day of salvation, which means we should be busy growing in the Lord, spreading the Gospel and making disciples while it's still today.

Just in my own lifetime I've heard the Ayatollah, Reagan, Gorbechev, Ghadafi, Saddam, Putin and others were the anti-Christ so the rapture would occur any minute. The Soviet Union was put forth as the key to end times Bible prophecy, then after the collapse of the Soviet Union some pointed to Saddam and Iraq, others to Iran and whoever was running that nation at the time, some to China, some to Islamic terrorism, etc. All of these and many more predictions have come and gone just within my lifetime. This has left millions jaded, dropping away, looking for different views, etc.

If we are living right in Christ, being about the Father's business, we will be ready for whenever the Lord returns. If we are caught away in a pre-trib rapture then the details of the tribulation won't be known until after we are gone.  

This is exactly why I asked you not to comment on this topic, John.

I know I said I wouldn't get involved, and I'm not going to argue or even really push my position-but I WILL say, I agree with John, what he said here, Regardless of where I stand, the important thing is preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost TODAY, and encouraging and edifying the believers TODAY. And of course, there's no reason not to believe, particularly the way things are going, that America could fall and we could become a third-world, despot-ruled nation, or series of small broken up groups, rather than a cohesive country, and we could fall into great trouble and persecution, well before the end comes, regardless of when the rapture or tribulation occurs. The 'End' is not dependent upon America being a superpower, any more than it did for the Soviet Union, or Rome, being super powers, either. Amerca can fall, and the Lord can raise up another nation to spread the word, should He choose. So we, as believers, need to be ready for any eventuality, and keep our eyes firmly on Christ and eternity. 

I wish you wouldn't have made a comment to follow John'd comment, Ukelelemike.

This is exactly what I thought would happen.  

TOPIC CLOSED!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Now Candlelight, you're being silly and a bit overly sensitive. Neither of us have argues one iota about timing of the rapture or any such thing. My only point was that the fall of America is not necessarily the start of the tribulation-it had nothing to do with rapture timing, or rapture, at all. Just making an OBservation, and very carefully avoiding anything of what you were talking about. And john didn't mention anything about a mid or post trib rapture, either, so I'm not sure what exactly you're steamed about.

However, this does bring something to mind, and that's the idea of locking certain people out of threads because they disagree. We as Christians have to be always ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us. If we can't disagree and have a constructive conversation among brethren, and remain friendly and cordial, then there is no way we'll be able to do it with the lost. This is not just directed at Candlelight, but at everyone-many of us here have a tendency of having our pet subjects that we get angry and hurt and offended and even nasty about, and folks, it really needs to cease. We all know that the 'Independent' part of IFB means that there will be some few differences in the way certain things are understood, and we have all come willingly into this board, knowing it to be the case. So we should use it as an opportunity to learn to handle differences with grace and peace, even if it means dealing with those who don't always succeed.

So you can keep the topic locked and be unhappy and feel betrayed and offended, or you can continue the conversation and have a good time with it, and use this as an opportunity to learn to die to self while living for Christ, because the dead don't get offended.

• Members

Now Candlelight, you're being silly and a bit overly sensitive. Neither of us have argues one iota about timing of the rapture or any such thing. My only point was that the fall of America is not necessarily the start of the tribulation-it had nothing to do with rapture timing, or rapture, at all. Just making an OBservation, and very carefully avoiding anything of what you were talking about. And john didn't mention anything about a mid or post trib rapture, either, so I'm not sure what exactly you're steamed about.

However, this does bring something to mind, and that's the idea of locking certain people out of threads because they disagree. We as Christians have to be always ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us. If we can't disagree and have a constructive conversation among brethren, and remain friendly and cordial, then there is no way we'll be able to do it with the lost. This is not just directed at Candlelight, but at everyone-many of us here have a tendency of having our pet subjects that we get angry and hurt and offended and even nasty about, and folks, it really needs to cease. We all know that the 'Independent' part of IFB means that there will be some few differences in the way certain things are understood, and we have all come willingly into this board, knowing it to be the case. So we should use it as an opportunity to learn to handle differences with grace and peace, even if it means dealing with those who don't always succeed.

So you can keep the topic locked and be unhappy and feel betrayed and offended, or you can continue the conversation and have a good time with it, and use this as an opportunity to learn to die to self while living for Christ, because the dead don't get offended.

I specifically wanted a peaceful discussion on the Rapture and the Tribulation, Ukelelemike.  John is constantly coming in threads talking about going about our Father's business and not to worry about the Rapture.  Everyday, I plant seeds to the lost and I have won a few people to Christ.  This is not the topic of this thread!  It is on prophecy.

Why is it that people can't seem to handle a specific request?  I asked that John, Covenanter, Invicta and yourself to please stay out of this conversation b/c it is not about what you want to talk about.  Yes!  America is crumbling.  When we crumble, the rest of the world will, too.  However, that is not what the thread was about.  I could see this thread heading into a different direction, and that is not where I wanted to go with this.  Is it too difficult to have a peaceful conversation about eschatology without people ruining the conversation?!

I enjoy reading the scriptures that members post that point to a Pre-Trib Rapture.  As I stated there are 10,385 scriptures on prophecy in the KJV.

This discussion was going to turn sour b/c of John's post and then your post.  I didn't want that to happen.  That is why I locked the thread.

• Moderators

Frankly, this thread was slated to turn sour as soon as it started. That's what happens when people are specifically and publicly excluded from fellowship (so to speak) just because someone doesn't like what they think they are going to say. The fault lies with the attitude of those doing the excluding, not the excluded.  

Furthermore, it is hardly appropriate to start a thread and tell one of the moderators they are not welcome to moderate(!).  In future, please refrain from telling the duly-appointed moderators not to do their jOB.

• Members

It's funny Salyan, that you only speak to me when you chastise me.  Imagine that.

I excluded people b/c I wanted a calm discussion on the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.  I was aiming for fellowship not arguing.  I don't like the arguing.  I like peace.

The people named do not believe in a Pre-Trib Rapture.  Those who believe in Biblical prophecy go round and round with these people all the time.  This thread wasn't supposed to be the place to do that.  Evidently, I was wrong.

Archived