• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Israel Closes 102 Embassies

• Members

"I know many folks who were pre-trib rapture folks caught up in these things but after so many years, decades even, of this they either want nothing to do with prophecy anymore (even to the point of avoiding those portions of Scripture) or some have come to outright reject the pre-trib rapture view in favor of one of the other views which aren't so caught up in trying to detail everything. Many seem to have gravitated toward a possible mid-trib view, a few to a post-trib view, others to something else.

While the Rapture is imminent, it is true people have given up on it.  When most people have given up on it, is when it is going to happen.  Jesus will surely come as a "thief in the night."  

We are not to be surprised by the day of the Lord because we are children of light.

1 Thessalonians 1-11

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sOBer.

7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8But let us, who are of the day, be sOBer, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to OBtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

• Members

So much for that prophetic sign.

Okay, that was a bit snarky. Seriously, though, I think that there is such a thing as over-analyzing every little event and placing too much importance on such. We are given hints of the future, but not told exactly. The Bible has been given to teach us 'all things that pertain unto life and godliness'... what good purpose is there, therefore, in trying to figure out exactly what will happen in the future when God has not found it necessary to tell us these details?

Hi Salyan,

Israel will experience some major event along with the Gentiles according the the coming signs of the blood moons and solar eclipses on Jewish feast days.

Time will tell.

This does not mean it must be the time of the end, only that some major event is going to happen.

You can be snarky to me any time if it is with kindness as yours was.

Your brother

Eric

• Members

Notice he passage in First Thessalonians isn't saying Christians won't be caught off guard because they will know the time is at hand, but rather because those truly following Christ will be walking in His will when He returns. That's the point Christians are called to take heed of; that we are called not simply to salvation, but salvation unto good works which the Lord hath prepared before time for us to accomplish. If we are truly following Christ, we will be about His business on the day He returns, whenever that may be, and therefore not taken as a thief, stealing the Lord's time by not OBeying Him.

As to something major happening during the time of the "four blood moons"; given the fact this extends over such a large period of time there will be things happening that one could point to and claim "see, something happened, just like we said". Yet that doesn't prove it has anything to do with the four blood moons.

In any given year, someone can point to something, in any country or somewhere in the world, as being a "major event"; let alone over a longer period of time. This is why those who put forth vague prophecies are able to hoodwink so many folks. Something is always happening and if one preconditions folks to believe something is coming and then they are told, "see, that's it", they are already predisposed to believe, no matter what it happens to be.

As Scripture tells us, all things will continue up to the end. Seasons will continue, people will go about their business as usual, none suspecting that the time of the end is at hand.

• Members

If we examine the prophecies regarding "blood moons" in context, the events happened at Calvary - see Joel 2:31 quoted by Peter in Acts 2:20.

Rev. 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Note other events prophesied - 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains,

and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Jesus warned the women of Jerusalem that that would happen to them & their children - not some distant future generation:

Luke 23:27 And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. 28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. 30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us. 31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?

The destruction happened to the generation that rejected its Messiah, as prophesied by their Messiah.

I repeat John's words in his post:

Notice he passage in First Thessalonians isn't saying Christians won't be caught off guard because they will know the time is at hand, but rather because those truly following Christ will be walking in His will when He returns. That's the point Christians are called to take heed of; that we are called not simply to salvation, but salvation unto good works which the Lord hath prepared before time for us to accomplish. If we are truly following Christ, we will be about His business on the day He returns, whenever that may be, and therefore not taken as a thief, stealing the Lord's time by not OBeying Him.

• Members

If we examine the prophecies regarding "blood moons" in context, the events happened at Calvary - see Joel 2:31 quoted by Peter in Acts 2:20.

Rev. 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Note other events prophesied - 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains,

and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Jesus warned the women of Jerusalem that that would happen to them & their children - not some distant future generation:

Luke 23:27 And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. 28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. 30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us. 31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?

The destruction happened to the generation that rejected its Messiah, as prophesied by their Messiah.

covenanter and John,

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sOBer.

We must watch and live right even if we are children of light or we too can be surprised by the day of the Lord.

• Members

When will you EVER interpret Revelation for what it SAYS instead of reading Preterist non sense into the text?

Now let's use our God given brains here for those who actually WANT to use them:

*The "blood moon" of Revelation 6:12 did NOT happen at Calvary. Notice that Revelation 6:12 is during the opening of the sixth seal.

Now if you go back to Revelation 5:5, the person who is the only One worthy of opening the seals, is worthy because he HAS (past tense) PREVAILED which means that before the opening of the very first seal, the death burial and resurrection of Christ is already over with, and therefore Rev 6:12 CAN NOT POSSIBLY refer to Calvary.

Furthermore, this event is followed by every mountain and island being removed from their places and the stars from heaven falling to the earth, neither of which occurred during Calvary.

*It was not a fulfillment of Jews being judged in AD because Revelation 6:15 says that the KINGS OF THE EARTH are the ones who cry out to have the rocks and mountains fall on them and hide them. WHO WAS ISRAEL'S KING FROM AD 30- AD 70??? I'll give you a hint: NOBODY. The "wrath" that happened in AD 70 was against Jerusalem, in Revelation 6, it is against the WHOLE WORLD. The only way to get around this is to spiritualize the text and claim that the kings of the earth were under the spiritual judgment of the wrath of the Lamb for his judgment on sin which then forces one to butcher the text and pick and choose which parts of Revelation 6 are meant to be physical destruction or "spiritual" destruction. The common sense reading of Luke 24, Revelation 6 are that these are events that have NOT occurred, and are yet FUTURE.

Yes, Jesus prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem, but he also prophesied their restoration which is a factor that is ALWAYS ignored  by the Calvinist, Preterist, Covenant theologians: a matter that I have solidly and THOROUGHLY addressed in great detail many times on this forum.

Just because Jesus stands at the door and knocks in Revelation 3:20, and Moses knocked on the door of an Egyptian in Exodus doesn't make the 2 events synonymous and that's the prOBlem with Preterist and Covenant theology is they take whatever events they wish from anywhere in the Bible and force them to fit each other using allegorical interpretations and ignore everything else said before and after the proof texts taken out of context.

• Members

Now regarding blood moons, they have nothing to do with anything in prophecy. The fact that this blood moon in Revelation 6:12 occurs at the 6th seal shows that it can not be a sign that occurs before the rapture of the church. 

There are just as many "blood moons" that have happened in Israel where NOTHING occurred as the 2 or so events in history where something actually has occurred. In fact, if you study history and the Jewish calendar, there are far more blood moons where nothing occurred than that some monumental event did occur.

• Members

James - you did not read my post properly. A blood moon was prophesied by Joel, & fulfilled at Calvary:

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood,
before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered:
for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said,
and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

The events of Rev. 6, prophesied on Olivet & to the women, refer to the destruction which Jesus in the open verses of Revelation said  "must shortly come to pass;  ....... for the time is at hand." Unless you can refer me to such events occurring aound the year 100.

The seal judgments & deliverance were prophesied in Ezekiel 14 referring to the destruction:

19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast: 20 though Noah, Daniel, and JOB, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness. 21 For thus saith the Lord God; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23 And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord God.

The remnant that shall be brought forth is referred to in Rev. 7, the protection of the 144,000. 

• Members

James - you did not read my post properly. A blood moon was prophesied by Joel, & fulfilled at Calvary:

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood,
before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered:
for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said,
and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

The events of Rev. 6, prophesied on Olivet & to the women, refer to the destruction which Jesus in the open verses of Revelation said  "must shortly come to pass;  ....... for the time is at hand." Unless you can refer me to such events occurring aound the year 100.

The seal judgments & deliverance were prophesied in Ezekiel 14 referring to the destruction:

19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast: 20 though Noah, Daniel, and JOB, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness. 21 For thus saith the Lord God; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23 And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord God.

The remnant that shall be brought forth is referred to in Rev. 7, the protection of the 144,000. 

Zechariah 13

7Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

8And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

The 144,000 are only the beginning of the 5,000,000 + Jews that will be saved.

Archived