• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

On One Of Them Most Holy Days...

2bLikeJesus

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We had a first time visitor come forward at the invitation to be saved...and then his wife came forward about 30 seconds later...then one by one both his two teenage kids.  The entire family got saved today!  Now THAT was the first grand slam this season! 

Bro. Garry

• Members

How is everyone on one of the most holy of days!  It's the opening day of BASEBALL!!!!  Woo Hoo!  Can you tell I am a huge fan?!  Go DODGERS and MARINERS!  

Bro. Garry

I credit a baseball game for my salvation (well, actually Jesus, but you know what I mean).

During the 1986 World Series between the Mets and Red Sox someone at Shea Stadium kept holding up a John 3:16 sign behind home plate. I remember it bugging me because it looked familiar but I didn't know what it meant. Eventually it occurred to me it was a scripture reference. How I knew this I don't know seeing I was never a bible reader. I eventually looked it up in my mother's old KJV and viola!  I believe the seed was planted at that time.

After that season they banned that sign from Shea Stadium.

Go Phillies!

Archived