• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America In The Bible

• Members
16 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Of course that is all in the past.  The Roman empire was conquered by 10 kings

And we in Europe are living under the successors of those kings now.

Howdy Invicta,

7 barbaric tribes does not make 10 kings and it was a mercenary working for Rome who actually conquered Rome itself. Curious which kings you are referring to? Honest question....

• Members
2 hours ago, wretched said:

Howdy Invicta,

7 barbaric tribes does not make 10 kings and it was a mercenary working for Rome who actually conquered Rome itself. Curious which kings you are referring to? Honest question....

It was 10 tribes who conquered the empire not seven/

• Members
Just now, Invicta said:

Well, history according to men is always skewed by men's agendas. From what I have read it was 7 and that is confirmed by several other sources. But I have little doubt that other books or websites would say 10, 11 or whatever.

IOWs: it is a junk-shoot which to believe. thanks

• Members
43 minutes ago, Invicta said:

What 10 tribes?

I've read many Dispensationalists claim Rome was never conquered and therefore technically still exists and will one day be revived.

• Members

The historian Machiavel without any reference to this prophecy gives the ten kingdoms as:

Lombards, Franks, Burgungians, Ostrogoths, Visigoths, Vandals, Heruli, Sueves, Huns, Saxons. The horn which subdued the three kings is the papacy and the three kings he subdued were the Lombards, Visigoths and Sueves (Suabi)

Dan 7:24  And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Invicta ; are you asking about Daniel 7:4 and Revelation 12:14 ? Please forgive me for not getting back sooner but there has been a lot of things happening around my home lately. I haven't even made a doctor's appointment for myself , my right shoulder is aching terribly. It's limiting my ability to do many things.

• Members

History lists them as Gothic tribes with kings. Kings in the bible may not be what we would call kings today, some ruled just one town.  We would probably call them mayors. A tribe with a tribal leader would be a kingdom.

• Administrators

Yes, some history lists them as kings. Kinda like the Irish kings of yore. But honest histories explain that those kings are actually the same as chieftains. Nomadic tribes took down the Roman Empire. Not kingdoms. The kingdoms came afterward.

• Members
2 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Yes, some history lists them as kings. Kinda like the Irish kings of yore. But honest histories explain that those kings are actually the same as chieftains. Nomadic tribes took down the Roman Empire. Not kingdoms. The kingdoms came afterward.

They set up kingdoms, for instance the Burgundians in France who still have a region named after them.  In the past their kingdom would have been much greater as there are many small towns and villages outside the region that bear the name Bourguignon (Burgundian)  Chieftains would be classed as kings in the bible/

• Administrators

They set up kingdoms AFTER the fall of Rome.  They were NOT the 10 kings of prophecy. Particularly since a number of the tribes were offshoots of other tribes. It is assumption to claim that chieftains were the kings that the Bible prophesied. Especially since, when the prophecies took place, there were actual kings, not chieftains, ruling actual kingdoms, not family clans.