• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Scriptural Error Abounds, But Christians Promote, Blast 'noah'

RSS Robot

• Members

I've read many reviews and commentaries online written by Christians about this movie. There are those who take the stand that since this movie is almost a total rewriting of the life of Noah and account of the flood, it's not biblical at all; therefore not fit for viewing or recommending.

Then there are those who say it's just entertainment and maybe someone will be helped by the movie but in any event, it's just entertainment so Christians should go and enjoy it.

Both of the above are easy to get. The one sides solidly with Scripture, the other follows the typical path of nearly anything goes.

What gets me are those reviews and commentaries where the Christian author points out many bad and unbiblical things about the movie, then they point to some things they liked and act as if that outweighs all the unbiblical and bad parts so everybody should go see it. That's like saying I know there is rotten and spoiled food baked into this meatloaf, but I like the way the surface baked up appealing like so let's dig in!

This movie is in no way about the biblical Noah or biblical flood account.

• Members

What gets me are those reviews and commentaries where the Christian author points out many bad and unbiblical things about the movie, then they point to some things they liked and act as if that outweighs all the unbiblical and bad parts so everybody should go see it. That's like saying I know there is rotten and spoiled food baked into this meatloaf, but I like the way the surface baked up appealing like so let's dig in!

People are stupid.  They cannot resist well-marketed shiny things.

• Members

I highly doubt I will waste my time with this movie. From what I've heard second hand, God is not once directly referred to in this movie. If that's true, then that is reason one for not wanting to see it. The story of Noah should be filled with God.

Secondly, I have read that in the movie Noah gets his ark idea from a series of dreams; one of which is induced by a psychotropic tea given him by Methusalah. Now I don't have a doctorate in divinity or anything, but I'm pretty sure God doesn't rely on mind altering drugs to get his message across.

It's been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. I don't need to fill my eye gates with any corruption of Biblical stories just so I can speak more succinctly about that movie. Once those images are in the mind they are nearly impossible to be rid of. No, instead I will wait until someone approaches me and tells me of what they saw and heard and I will show them from the Bible how once again Hollywood was wrong. In the mean time I will allow the words of the Bible to place their images upon my soul undefiled by Follywood's glitz and glamor.

• Members

I last set foot in a theater in 1986 and I see no reason to go now.

I absolutely agree we are better off not filling our eyes and minds with garbage, not even using the excuse of being able to talk to people about it.

If we want to talk to people about Noah and the flood, we should read what Scripture says and then we can rightly talk about the subject without having to pollute our minds with the movie.

Archived