• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The New Film Noah

jebarr

• Members

Russell Crowe characterizes the film as a piece of work that will spawn discussion.

"You come out of this movie and you want to talk … about our stewardship of the earth, our relationship to animals, what is spirituality, who am I in this world – all these fantastic subjects for conversation," he said. "Art that can do that for people is a wonderful thing."

Directed by atheist Darren Aronofsky, the film includes evolution in its retelling the story of Noah and the great flood.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Incredible. My KJV bible says that God destroyed the world for the peoples sin and disOBedience.  He saved Noah and his family because of his OBedience and trust in God and to use the animals to start anew after the flood waters receded. God is not concerned most about our stewardship of the earth.  He gave US dominion over it and the animals.  God clearly defined Spirituality as needing to worship HIM.  It is not about who am I- rather it is about who is God? And how we should rely on him for salvation through His grace and trusting and OBeying HIM- not mother earth.

But this is what you get when an atheist is the director.

• Moderators

I may watch the movie on DVD just because I am interested in seeing what they use as the impetus for God destroying the world. Curious if they delve at all into the sons of God issue and if so, how they interpret it. Also want to see if they do like on the old TV movie, if other people survive on boats and roam around like pirates.  If anyone sees this, and can answer these questions, let me know.

• Members

I may watch the movie on DVD just because I am interested in seeing what they use as the impetus for God destroying the world. Curious if they delve at all into the sons of God issue and if so, how they interpret it. Also want to see if they do like on the old TV movie, if other people survive on boats and roam around like pirates.  If anyone sees this, and can answer these questions, let me know.

I was working outside a couple days ago, with the truck radio on 'talk radio'. Every so often this ad would come on about the Noah movie and would state something about "this movie is accurate as to the Biblical account"(not worded exactly). I'm thinking...really? Does the Bible mention anything about "six armed Nephilim"? But people who have never read a Bible or very little thereof, will believe lies like this. I'm sure the rest makes the Word of God into fantasy and SciFi as well.

• Administrators

Well, the director, who is an atheist, is proud of making an unbiblical movie:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/24/atheist-noah-director-brags-film-least-biblical-bi/#.UzQaEbiMS_Q.twitter

Director Darren Aronofsky called his movie “the least biblical biblical film ever made,” The Telegraph reported. He also claimed his leading character, Noah, was the “first environmentalist,” something that suggests the movie storyline doesn’t exactly follow the Bible’s.

• Moderators

I was working outside a couple days ago, with the truck radio on 'talk radio'. Every so often this ad would come on about the Noah movie and would state something about "this movie is accurate as to the Biblical account"(not worded exactly). I'm thinking...really? Does the Bible mention anything about "six armed Nephilim"? But people who have never read a Bible or very little thereof, will believe lies like this. I'm sure the rest makes the Word of God into fantasy and SciFi as well.

Six-armed nephilim? Might be worth a watch, after all.  Just for the laughs and the refutation. Maybe bring tracts to the theater?

• Members

Someone who said they saw a showing of the movie for review purposes wrote an article and said God isn't even mentioned in the movie. I don't recall the reasoning for the flood, but it wasn't biblical. According to the Bible, everyone was going about their daily lives as usual when the rains began and God shut Noah and family in the ark. In the movie there is rain and what appears to be an army coming to attack and take the ark for themselves.

This movie would seem to be a deliberate attempt to take a somewhat familiar Bible story and turn it into something totally unbiblical. All this knowing that many folks who see it will take much of it as fact and this will be their view of Noah.

A week or so ago some talk show host called God a mass murderer and some other things that are unrepeatable, because of the biblical account of the flood.

• Members

It sounds like Atheist Darren Aronofsky's only motive is to make money off of Christians.  Imagine that?  The movie is written without mentioning sin.  That is so typical of Hollywood movies.  He has no concept of the truth and is filling men's minds with garbage.  For those who see the movie, it is a great focal point to talk to the lost about Christ.  I won't be wasting my money on the movie, though.  I haven't been to a movie, at the theater, for years.  I am not going to start now.

• Members

I have two reviews of the movie Noah.

The first is from a Christian who is OBviously not IFB.  I think I will take his advise about the movie.

http://www.scifiwright.com/2014/03/no-to-noah/

The second and more detailed review is from a Roman Catholic.  Like I say it is more detailed and longer.  He loves it and his reasons for doing so are very interesting and unbiblical as you would expect.  It is because he loves this movie and the reasons he loves it that I would never go to see it or allow anyone I love to see it.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/sdg-reviews-noah#ixzz2xSnZ7GoV

God bless,

Larry

• Members

One man from our church went to see the movie so he could give a report of it to our church and pastor (our pastor didn't ask him to do this, the man took it upon himself). Today he told us the movie, "Noah", is completely a two thumbs down movie. He said there is nothing redeeming or worthwhile about the movie at all. Further, he said he wouldn't recommend anyone waste their time or money on that movie.

His reporting indicated the movie was nearly a completely unbiblical story with little other than the name Noah, an ark to save his family and animals, and a great flood, being even remotely biblical. The movies Noah is not a staunch man of God preaching the Word, calling sinners to repentance.

Anyway, that's a very brief telling of how bad this man says the movie is.

Archived