• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kjvo And Original Languages

• Members

Salvation is available to all. Sadly, not all accept it. Many more allow seed to fall, but because their hearts are idolatrous, the love for the seed is not strong enough to persuade them.

God said, "Come out from amongst them and be ye separate, and I will receive you." If their love for the idolatrous is so strong that they never leave it, they will not be received of Father.

Yet, many, like Billy Graham would have us believe God receives them even though they love the idols more than Him.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with you sister and I'm not arguing that the Catholic Church and most of what they teach is straight out of the pits of hell, but I'm not ready to convict every single member of that church to those same pits. Many are completely ignorant of most of what the RCC teaches. They just know they were born Catholic and they always will be Catholic.

I preach at a Senior Citizen home once a month and one of my most faithful attendees is a lady in her 90s that comes strolling in just after I show up with her walker which I call the popemOBile because it has a basket filled with all her RCC magazines and bulletins. I'll tell you what, that lady loves the Lord and she follows every word of my KJV messages with rapt attention nodding and amening all along the way. At the end of every sermon I give the gospel and I know she understands every word. At the end of every service she dutifully makes the sign of the cross, thanks me for coming and returns to her room. So am I to throw out this babe with the bath water. To be honest I think she understands the Gospel and that she is saved.

Another man from my church preaches there on every 4th Sunday as well as conducts a Bible study once a month and this dear old woman faithfully attends each time. This friend of mine also believes she is saved. This woman is 94 years old and all her life she has been ignorantly trapped in a religion with many false teachings, but despite that it seems apparent to my friend and I that she got the Gospel and has accepted Jesus as savior. There are many many bad teachings in the RCC, but the gospel is there for those that have an ear to hear, and I b elieve I have seen evidence of that.

You know, Romans 1 tells us that God's eternal power and Godhead will be understandable to even the heathen that has never heard the Gospel preached:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

So am I to believe that salvation is available to the heathen but not to this woman simply because she got stuck in a bad church?

I do know that if you get into a Catholic's face pointing your finger you are going to lose your testimony and any chance of teaching that Catholic anything. And you prOBably hurt the chance of other, more loving Christians as well.

I don't know. Maybe some of you have been granted access to God's Book of Life, but I have not been given that privilege. I'll leave the question of salvation to God, all I can do is preach the word, witness to the best of my ability and trust in the Lord to do the rest.

God bless!

She may be saved, Nom de Plum but she got saved outside of the RCC.  I would offer her the plan of salvation, privately, and see how she responds.  Maybe, ask her how she knows she is going to heaven.  Are her works making her go to heaven, or is it her faith?  I wouldn't assume she is saved just b/c she nods her head and says, "Amen."  She may have a false peace.  

I do know a couple of RC's that are saved.  However, they were saved outside of the RCC.  Of course I don't have access to "The Book of Life" but I can know if someone is saved by asking them, and if they also show fruits.  

• Members

So what are you two waiting for?  Witness to the lady and find out.  If she leaves your service and goes back and prays to the pope and mary she's in trouble.  I know plenty of people with a head knowledge of God and Christ and they also show love and reverence but when you witness to them, it's work, work and  more work to get to heaven.  They doomed as well as this lady might be.

My friend and I have witnessed to this lady as well as to all the other people that attend the services and some who do not. This woman acknowledges the fact that she is a sinner, she acknowledges her need for a savior, and she acknowledges her acceptance of Jesus Christ as that savior. Every month both my friend and I always preach the gospel and always point to at least one false practice of some other religion; most often Catholicism. My friend also gets into more personal discussions during his Bible Study and he is convinced that she is saved. She is 94 years old and has lived a certain way of life all her life. She is set in many of her ways and we may not be able to get her to relinquish them all before her time comes...:does that make her acceptance of Jesus as savior any less effective?

Should I point my finger in her face as it seems you and SFIC would and say "Unless you renounce everything Catholic you are doomed for the pits of hell"? Should I tell her the blood of Christ did not pay for her sign of the cross and her RCC literature? Tell me, do you still put up a Baal bush with lights at Christmas or accommodate those that do? Do you still have children, grandchildren, or friends who worship Eostra at the annual Easter Egg hunt or by giving out chocolate bunnies? Why do you tolerate that?

You know what I see in this 94 year old woman that I am not seeing from you two:

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Every time I see this woman she lives these two commandments. I'm not sure I have seen to much, especially of that second commandment in this thread.

You know what else I see when I compare you two with this elderly lady:

Luke 18:10-14 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I am truly glad that you two either never fell into the RCC trap or were able to fully extricate yourself from it, but you know what?: This woman knows she is a sinner and she has turned that sin over to the only one she knows can save her from that sin: Jesus Christ. Until you can show me that her name is not in the Book of Life, then I will leave that judgment to God. Until then, my friend and I will continue to gently guide this woman away from Catholicism and all its rituals and traditions. I'll leave the threats and vindictive finger pointing to the Muslims and Nazis.

• Members

You may be seeing her loving the LORD with all of her heart.

But from what you have shared with us, we see a lady who does not love the LORD with all of her heart. Part of her heart is still chained to the RCC.

Did God say hold onto the idols and I will still accept you? Not in my Bible, He didn't.

*as to the mention of Christmas and Easter, the answer from me is "No" to both of those Questions.

• Members

2 Corinthians 6:17 (KJV) 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV) 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

It appears that God has already judged the matter in His Word. If she does not turn from the idolatry, He will not receive her, He will not be a Father to her.

You can turn a blind eye to that truth if you choose, but it will not make it any less truth.

As to your comparing us to the Pharisee, that is totally wrong. Neither of us have said we were better than the lady... only that her clinging to the catholic church tells a different story than you want to admit.

• Members

My friend and I have witnessed to this lady...

Should I point my finger in her face as it seems you and SFIC would and say "Unless you renounce everything Catholic you are doomed for the pits of hell"? 

You know what I see in this 94 year old woman that I am not seeing from you two:

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You know what else I see when I compare you two with this elderly lady:

Luke 18:10-14 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

...I'll leave the threats and vindictive finger pointing to the Muslims and Nazis.

Point One: Awesome!   :godisgood:

Point Two:  Don't attest words to me that I didn't say fella.   :thumbdown:

Point Three:  Maybe my expression of love for that old lady is evidenced by prompting her only witnesses to share the gospel with her?  You liberals don't judge with righteous judgement.   :offended:

Points 4 and 5:  You're true colors evidenced by your own works;  slandering those whom you disagree with thereby proving yourself, in your own post, of being the unloving hypocrite.  Shame on you.   :eusa_naughty:

• Members

But from what you have shared with us, we see a lady who does not love the LORD with all of her heart. Part of her heart is still chained to the RCC.

Did God say hold onto the idols and I will still accept you? Not in my Bible, He didn't.

*as to the mention of Christmas and Easter, the answer from me is "No" to both of those Questions.

All hail SFIC. The only Christian that has never had part of his heart chained to some sin since the day of his salvation. Sinless. Wow.

• Members

Point One: Awesome!   :godisgood:

Point Two:  Don't attest words to me that I didn't say fella.   :thumbdown:

Point Three:  Maybe my expression of love for that old lady is evidenced by prompting her only witnesses to share the gospel with her?  You liberals don't judge with righteous judgement.   :offended:

Points 4 and 5:  You're true colors evidenced by your own works;  slandering those whom you disagree with thereby proving yourself, in your own post, of being the unloving hypocrite.  Shame on you.   :eusa_naughty:

You're no stranger to slander it appears. My works are that I give this woman the Gospel at least once a month and point out errors within the Catholic Church at least as much. And I am not a liberal, but I'm not a fascist either.

• Members

We must also remember that Lord works with each of us as individuals. We don't all get saved at the same time or under the same sort of circumstances. We don't all know the Bible when we get saved, we don't instantly become perfect, we all grow and mature at different rates, the Holy Ghost works to transform each persons life in the order and stages the Lord decrees.

Some saved folks it may be difficult to tell they are saved until someone disciples them or they have spent much time in prayer and Bible reading/study. Some folks get saved and then receive as much or more false teaching than true and their growth is stunted.

I grew up in Methodist Sunday school where I never heard the Gospel, yet God used that to prepare a foundation and give me a heart that believed in Him so that at the appropriate time I would hear the Gospel and yield to the Holy Ghost and be born again in Christ. This while attending a casual Sunday night service in an Assemblies of God church because my girlfriend wanted to watch the movie they were showing at the church that night (A Thief in the Night).

I've known people who were saved and they instantly had no more desire for tOBacco and their speech was instantly clean. Others I've known battled with both tOBacco and their speech for a long while before they were brought under the heel of Christ and they were free from them.

No matter what stage of maturity any of us are here today, none of us are perfect and at some point we were all babes in Christ.

• Members

All hail SFIC. The only Christian that has never had part of his heart chained to some sin since the day of his salvation. Sinless. Wow.

not sinless. But unlike you... I don't defend sin. When God reveals sin in my life, I repent of that sin. You would be wise to allow God to use you to tell that lady that if she holds onto her idolatry, she will not be part of His eternal Kingdom

• Members

not sinless. But unlike you... I don't defend sin. When God reveals sin in my life, I repent of that sin. You would be wise to allow God to use you to tell that lady that if she holds onto her idolatry, she will not be part of His eternal Kingdom

Okay, where have I defended sin? I have said that I gave the Gospel message to this woman at least once every month. I have said she has a firm grasp of the Gospel message and has received Jesus Christ as her savior. I have said that I have pointed out to her the false traditions, sacraments, and practices of not only the RCC but other religions as well. So where do I defend sin?

What I see is a lady who loves the Lord to the best of her ability. For the majority of her 94 years she has loved the Lord the way a false religion system has taught her to love the Lord. Now that she is saved she loves the Lord and wants to express that love with all her heart, but for 80 + years she has been indoctrinated in various ways that are not Biblical. No person I have ever met has ever overcome all their pecadillos immediately upon salvation, regardless how young they are. Yet you expect this woman to drop 80+ years of indoctrination the second she becomes saved.

Here's the deal. We are all sinners and come short of the glory of God. Even you; you confessed "not sinless". If the Bible is true (and I believe it is) then that tells me that NONE of us really love the Lord with ALL our hearts, souls and minds. If we did we would never sin. Sin is an outward manifestion of rebellion towards God, not love; and we are ALL guilty. John81 gave an excellent post at #130, I think it is worth a second read.

I've tried the hardline finger in the face, "everything you've ever believed, been taught, and/or lived for the past so many years is straight out of the pits of hell", and all I've gotten with that approach is very heated arguments with what are now alienated Catholics who no longer talk to me, that are even more entrenched in their false religion becuase they did not see the love of Christ in those Baptists.

From now on, I am going to lovingly show this woman, and any other Catholic I meet the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and once they get saved I will do my best to lovingly show them the errors of the RCC and trust that God will work in their hearts. To use another Biblical comparison I turn to John 8:

John 8:2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
John 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
John 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
John 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
John 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
John 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

With all the finger waggers and scorners gone, it is my hope to teach this woman and everyone else at this home (and myself too) to sin no more. We may never get it perfect, but we will do the best we can with what little we got, and give the rest up to God.

• Members

Believe what you will, but according to the Bible, as long as that woman holds onto the idolatrous Catholic teachings, she will not be received of God.

Like it, or not?

The prOBlem with RC's, is that they do not know that the RCC is teaching idolatry.  

• Members

Believe what you will, but according to the Bible, as long as that woman holds onto the idolatrous Catholic teachings, she will not be received of God.

Like it, or not?

So, if a Catholic was to get saved and die a second after salvation, without having had the opportunity to learn of all the false Catholic teachings, that person is still doomed to go to hell. Wow. And I thought Jesus' blood was sufficient to cover all sin.

I guess it's a good thing that the thief on the cross was not a Catholic.

Archived