• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Young Church Needs Our Prayers

a_frantz

• Members

Concerning the situation in Romania, there is a church that needs our support in prayer.

In the far north-east of the country on the border with Ukraine and Moldova is a small poor village where years ago an American missionary started an independent baptist church, mostly a kids mission.

Now he is gone back in the States and the kids are in their teens and early 20s being taken care by the 23y old preacher Benone, only partly prepared and with little authority.

We visited from Lugoj for other issues but God touched us all by the way he works in these youngsters still thirsty for God's truth long after the American 'cornucopia' in their eyes is gone and in the midst of so much pentecostal and adventist heresy in their area, even in their community where they are mocked and not taken seriously for being so young. Still they continue to stand strong.

As Bro. Irwine put it, that dirt desolate road to a forsaken village might look unappealing to the world but in God's eyes that road may very well be of gold, for he has his children there, and he reaches to them.

The brothers from the College said they will help the brother Benone with study material via the post which is really beneficial.

Let's pray that The Lord God is his eternal wisdom and might strengthens and spiritually grows his church in the village called Baranca.

• Moderators

I know that church! Some missionaries our church support were the ones that started it. They haven't gone back to the States - God called them to Venezuela (and they're going, although they're both way past retirement age). They are still in touch with the church in Romania.  You're right - those kids there are quite something.

• Members

Praise The Lord, it is true that the elder brother who was the pastor there, said he was going to South America, but as we called him he was in the States. What matters is that they get more support especially in prayer. I sensed vulnerability and a feeling of abandonment as I spoke with the young preacher in charge there.

May the LORD man him up for his great calling, Amen.

Thank you for all your prayers!

• Members

The missionary that we help support in Romania works through Frontline Fellowship.  They train Romanians to start and pastor churches...many of them don't even have a building to meet in.  I remember reading the testimony of one of the pastors who had recently started a church, and they were meeting at the fountain in the middle of their village.  

Perhaps the Mission Board could be of some help?

Here's a link to their website --> http://www.frontlinefellowship.org

Archived