• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please Pray For My Daughter

Miss Daisy

• Members

she is 18.

Thanks for the prayers everyone!

Doncha know, that the smartest person in the world is an 18 year old Miss Daisy?   :scratchchin: This was a very difficult age for my son.  Thankfully, he has matured.  I will continue to pray for the situation, as I know how difficult this is for you.  I do believe she will grow out of it, though.  She is in the hands of God.  Praise the Lord!

• Members

As sad and hard as it can be, sometimes the best thing to do is let them go.

We have three children and as most here know, one son who has been rebellious from back when he was in diapers. The older he got, the worse he got and the more prOBlems. When he turned 18 we decided not to try and fight his rebellion and try to keep him at home. On his 18th birthday he boarded a bus for Florida where he's been ever since. We pray for him and await the day when he opens his heart to the Lord.

When he moved out so much pressure and weight went with him. While I hated to see him go as he did, after he left the entire atmosphere in our house was refreshed, everyone was more relaxed, there was so much peace and so many more smiles, good conversations.

• Members

As sad and hard as it can be, sometimes the best thing to do is let them go.

We have three children and as most here know, one son who has been rebellious from back when he was in diapers. The older he got, the worse he got and the more prOBlems. When he turned 18 we decided not to try and fight his rebellion and try to keep him at home. On his 18th birthday he boarded a bus for Florida where he's been ever since. We pray for him and await the day when he opens his heart to the Lord.

When he moved out so much pressure and weight went with him. While I hated to see him go as he did, after he left the entire atmosphere in our house was refreshed, everyone was more relaxed, there was so much peace and so many more smiles, good conversations.

I agree, John.  They are creatures or children of God.  We are only instruments in their lives.  I give my son to God, daily.  He loves the fellowship with the brothers and sisters in my church, but as far as going to church?  He hasn't been to church in a few years.  He is also kind of like me.  I have stated that I hated church growing up in the RCC.  I stopped going in the 9th grade.  My ex husband did the same thing.  When it came to salvation, because I have an analytical mind, like my ex husband, my son has that same mind.  I had to have to Bible proven to me in order to be saved.  It took from 1999 to 2003 for me to get saved.  I needed the head knowledge before my heart was intact.  It will take our children time to grow.  As painful as it is, we need to let the Holy Spirit work in their lives.  Thankfully, my son always brings up spiritual matters.  I wait for that door to open, then I plant the seeds.  That and constant prayer is what works best for me.

• Moderators

Sounds like how my youngest acted. Praise God that at the right age, about 12, my pastor, a big, bass-voiced Irishman, took her aside and informed her that she was emotionally blackmailing us by her attitude, and that it showed how little she loved us. I don't know if she fully understood, but I kid you not, his presence impressed her enough that she literally stopped having tantrums, and to this day, at 27, still talks about it and her fear (I think a good fear) of him, just his voice and presence.  He went on to be with the Lord a couple years back-miss him a lot.

• Members

Anyone that is still awake please pray for my daughter tonight. She got mad at me and said she's moving out, "you're dead to me", etc. a little while ago and took a bunch of her stuff and said she was going to her dad's. My mom came over and talked her into going to her house first to talk. Please first pray she doesn't make the hour plus drive to her dad's house at this hour, mad at me, not a safe situation.

She turned 18 last month and leaves for college in the fall. She has a horrible temper. She doesn't get it from me or her father, my father had a hair-trigger temper and it's like living with him again. I walk on eggshells around her so I don't upset her lately. I'm so anxious and edgy when it's time for her to come home from school or work I want to run away.

The fight was same as every other, her attitude and way she talks to me, cusses when she's talking to me, and thinks we are equals.

Please just pray for us tonight.

Thank you in advance.

Let her go if she wishes, I know it is hard too. My two older kids from my frist marrige have not talk to me in over a year. They have anger in their hearts. The Lord will be done. Live your life, the Lord know our hearts,she or they will come back someday. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us be happy and glad in it. They are His...  :)

Archived