• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please Pray For My Daughter

Miss Daisy

• Members

Anyone that is still awake please pray for my daughter tonight. She got mad at me and said she's moving out, "you're dead to me", etc. a little while ago and took a bunch of her stuff and said she was going to her dad's. My mom came over and talked her into going to her house first to talk. Please first pray she doesn't make the hour plus drive to her dad's house at this hour, mad at me, not a safe situation.

She turned 18 last month and leaves for college in the fall. She has a horrible temper. She doesn't get it from me or her father, my father had a hair-trigger temper and it's like living with him again. I walk on eggshells around her so I don't upset her lately. I'm so anxious and edgy when it's time for her to come home from school or work I want to run away.

The fight was same as every other, her attitude and way she talks to me, cusses when she's talking to me, and thinks we are equals.

Please just pray for us tonight.

Thank you in advance.

• Members

When I was going through a very hard time with my son, The devil was working overtime it seemed. I prayed for God to give me wisdom, more love for my son, to work in my son's life, and to straighten out our relationship. My son and I are getting along great today, he has a sweet fiance(our pastors daughter) and a very good job. Best of all, he is in church and serving the Lord. God answers prayer. Praying for you and your daughter.

• Administrators

kids know all they have to do is call 911 if you touch them now.

That is especially true at her age. Even though she is not quite 18, she is close enough to being one that the government would not allow you to discipline her as you would like or as she needs. 

Your situation being what it is, you have a harder row to hoe than others on here.  But remember: God is merciful, and He loves her more than you do (imagine that!  That thought just fills me with awe!) - and wants her surrendered to Him more than you do.  Keep praying for her, keep loving her, and keep standing firm on biblical principle.  The Holy Spirit can and will work. And we will be praying that she surrenders.

• Members

kids know all they have to do is call 911 if you touch them now.

It's also very hard when parents are divorced.  The child has an escape route.  I always had prOBlems with my ex husband, b/c I had to be the disciplinarian.   My ex husband is emotionally abusive to my son and his sister (from his first marriage) but he has never laid a hand on him.  He only did that with me and his former wife.  I am actually thankful that he has never laid a hand on either of his children.  Emotional abuse is enough.

Thankfully, in the state of OH, there is no law against corporal punishment with children.  Many people think there is.

Archived