• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Heavens Shall Roll Up As A Scroll

• Members

Matthew 24:4-6

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Jesus told the apostles that the coming war (70AD) was not the end.

I agree, but there is more to the discourse than verses 4-6 which DO refer to the AD 66-70 war, including the command to believers to quit the city pronto when they saw the city surrounded by armies.  That they did is a matter of history.  It is said that not one Christian died in Jerusalem in the war.  When Cestius withdrew his troops just as they were on the point of taking the city, prOBably the seemingly most foolish military decision in history, the Christians, remembering the words of the Lord, left.  This was described by Josephus and 'Many prominent citizens deserted the city as rats desert a ship that sinks.' 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, but there is more to the discourse than verses 4-6 which DO refer to the AD 66-70 war, including the command to believers to quit the city pronto when they saw the city surrounded by armies.  That they did is a matter of history.  It is said that not one Christian died in Jerusalem in the war.  When Cestius withdrew his troops just as they were on the point of taking the city, prOBably the seemingly most foolish military decision in history, the Christians, remembering the words of the Lord, left.  This was described by Josephus and 'Many prominent citizens deserted the city as rats desert a ship that sinks.' 

It pays to know bible prophecy! It saved those Christians then that left the city. We now have prophecies coming to fulfillment which warn us again. We are to watch and prepare for what is coming.

• Members

It pays to know bible prophecy! It saved those Christians then that left the city. We now have prophecies coming to fulfillment which warn us again. We are to watch and prepare for what is coming.

Especially when there are 30,085 prophetic verses in the KJV.

• Members

This is curse on Jesus generation.

Matthew 23:37-39

37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Well I guess there are no Gentiles around to be part of that generation.  The Nations were always included in all judgements against Israel and where ever God had scattered them.

Remember Revelation was written 20 plus years after the temple in Israel was destroyed and the city leveled by Rome.

the Book of Revelation was not a past history book by as it is labeled Prophecy and that yet to come.

• Members

Well I guess there are no Gentiles around to be part of that generation.  The Nations were always included in all judgements against Israel and where ever God had scattered them.

Remember Revelation was written 20 plus years after the temple in Israel was destroyed and the city leveled by Rome.

the Book of Revelation was not a past history book by as it is labeled Prophecy and that yet to come.

The Matthew 23 curse is directed at the religious leadership that should have expected Jesus but didn't.

And now we are told to watch.

• Members

The Matthew 23 curse is directed at the religious leadership that should have expected Jesus but didn't.

And now we are told to watch.

I can't find it every being fully fulfilled in the past.  So it is two part and will be completely fulfilled in the future.

Archived