• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

....the Power Of The Dog.......

heartstrings

• Members

Most of us have read about the dogs that licked the blood of Ahab, devoured Jezebel, returned to their vomit, licked Lazarus' sores etc. In the Word of God and in ancient Hebrew society, weren't dogs considered about the most vile critters in all creation, with the exception of maybe swine? I wholeheartedly agree. Why is it that society will revere a slobbering vomit slurping, feces eating, posterior sniffing, carrion rolling, flesh ripping beast, let the stupid thing SLEEP in bed with them. lick the faces of their kids (puke) and when it maims or kills somebody, even a child, they still put the dog's "rights" before people's?  I just don't get it.  No offense intended to any dog lovers but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/suburbs/tinley_park/ct-tinley-park-dog-petition-tl-s-0320-20140319,0,3804871.story

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/blogs/gone-viral/os-pit-bull-mauled-boy-20140317,0,2191424.post

• Members

My dog Queen Rosie greets you Heartstrings, however she finds your description of her very inappropriate.

Queen Rosie'' target='_blank'>Queen Rosie>Queen Rosie

She also invites you to walk around the lake with her so you two can get better acguainted and possibly change your doggone attitude.

Rosie at Wickiup'' target='_blank'>Rosie at Wickiup>Rosie at Wickiup

God bless,

Larry

• Administrators

Pretty dog, Larry.  

I would agree, heart, that I can't understand how someone could put a dog before people.  But we are living in a day when people are twisted severely.  Babies are aborted without compunction, and animals are put about people.  

But I do love dogs. And can't wait til we are able to get one. I miss my granddog very much.   :icon_smile:

• Members

th_IMG_5052.jpg

Not all dogs are vicious, as the links in the OP would imply.

No sir, I did not even "imply: that "all dogs are vicious"', but I intentionally conveyed the message that all dogs are disgusting.....IMHO. I guess I'm getting worse with age.

• Members

A dog will run and defends his master's life as well as his master's children. He will show unconditional love and faithfulness at all times. A lot of Christians could learn from that. 

A dog can "love"? Dogs behave in the manner if their "pack" instincts.

• Members

Lock your wife in the trunk and lock your dog in the trunk......see which one is happy to see you when the trunk is opened.

Just a funny.....I don't agree with putting animals above humans either.

If you want to talk to me about animal rights then get them to quit killing each other first.

• Members

Have you ever owned a dog heartstrings? Even if it is only the fact that they consider the family to be within it's pack, Dogs can be fiercely protective of their family. They also show "happiness" to see you. When we had a dog ( He died about a year or so ago), I would walk out the back and he would bound and jump up at us, wagging his tail, and just  seeming happy I was there. He'd get me to throw the ball, and enjoyed a nice pat. He loved us.

I'm not saying we should treat them like their humans (If its a choice between the life of a dog or human, I'd choose the human), but we had a dog who would have done anything for us. 

• Members

Yes, I've owned many dogs, some which I have liked OK. Most I just tolerate and NONE are allowed in my house, including the two mini dachshunds, the mini Schnauzer and the beagle my Wife and Son have now.. The one in the video below is the Great Pyrenees pup we bought to guard the sheep pastures. She is just playing here but, when she matured, she quit playing and was an excellent guard of the sheep. Unfortunately she took to climbing over gates and fences and roaming; mostly to chase cars. So we gave her away to another farm. She became large and behaved quite fiercely when she sensed an animal intruder and went into guard mode but if she had ever shown the slightest aggression to a person, other than legitimately protecting us, I would have put her down without any hesitation..

• Members

As I said in the other thread, there is a growing trend nowadays for people to elevate dogs above people, it's almost a form of idolatry. That "save Mickey" thing that is going around is really making me angry, every time I see it. It's sheer insanity that people want to save a dog that ripped the face off of a four year old boy, nearly killing him. 

I really like my dog, but if she were to maul/maim/kill a human I'd have her euthanized immediately.

So, quick quiz, which dog breed is the only one mentioned in good favor in the Bible and is considered clean in middle eastern cultures? I hopefully will be able to get this breed as my next dog, but it won't be for about ten years or so, I only want one dog at a time. 

Archived