• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I am no prophet. But, Jeremiah was a prophet of God. Jeremiah was used of God as a mouth piece against the wickedness of Judah and Israel during the reigns of Josiah through Zedekiah and until the captivity. (see Jer. 1:1-3.)

These were turbulent times in Israel and Judah. A succession of Kings in Israel and Judah were doing that which was, ??evil in the sight of the LORD.? 2 Chron. 36:5, 9, 12.

Some Kings were carried into captivity in Egypt, Babylon, and Persia. Many of the people were also carried away into captivity along with the vessels of the temple at Jerusalem. The people and the invading nations were choosing the kings at this time; appointing kings who would please their own wickedness or support the conquering nations. ?Then the people of the land took Jehoahaz ?and made him king.? 2 Chron. 36:1
? And the king of Egypt made Eliakim?king.? 2 Chron. 36:4 There was no more anointing by God?s man of the rulers of Judah.

Are the leaders of the USA chosen in much the same way? Do they please the wickedness of the people and support the will of other nations?

What parallel, if any, could be made between Judah and our own nation today? Have we had a succession of leaders who are like these latter day rulers of Judah? Have the people in America, ??transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the LORD?? 2 Chron. 36:14

2 Chronicles 36:16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

?No remedy,? think about that!

So, I wondered what God gave Jeremiah to say as the cause for all this trouble and calamity which has befallen Judah and Israel.

I believe the following is the key verse, ?Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you.? Jer. 5:25

The evidence is provided by God?s own word to Jeremiah:

Jer. 5:26-31
26 For among my people are found wicked men: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
27 As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich.
28 They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.
29 Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?
30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

• Members
There is a tremendous amount of fleshly and spiritual warfare taking place all around us; I don't think we realize half of it..............

Maybe the current admin, congress, and the senate will be carried away into captivity!
:lol: (couldn't resist)

• Members

Maybe the current admin, congress, and the senate will be carried away into captivity!
:lol: (couldn't resist)

Great thread, Dave! I know... it is hard to resist at times. :) However, what we need/want and what God need/wants are very different... as you know. :coffee I have often said, that I am sooo grateful that God is the Almighty instead of any fleshly man. Can you imagine!? Long suffering... would have been over a long time ago if left up to man. :lol: And, praise the Lord... that I am a woman! :Green

Jeremiah only had two converts. Baruch (well' date=' I assume he was converted by Jeremiah) and the Ethiopian who plled Jeremiah out of a pit.[/quote']

Can you elaborate on this Wilchbla! I am interested to here more. :)

We also know that Jeremiah was known as the "weeping prophet." Can anyone imagine? I can't - to that extent.

The Gospel According to Matthew 24:4-11... 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars; see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers (various) places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended (stumble), and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. "The End of the Age" King James Bible - Words in red... are those of Jesus Christ.

God bless,

Molly

• Members
Great thread, Dave!
Molly

Great scripture! God's word just popped out on this one. God is telling us by His Word which...

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

We can see these things coming and God's own word living and abiding before our eyes telling us.

Doesn't it make you want to have a shout'n fit...Hallelujah!