• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

The Glory Land

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

Rejoice in the Lord!!! And again I say rejoice!

Praise God His mercies are new every morning!

Praise God at all times and pray without ceasing!

(written before post #199 was posted, so this is NOT in reference to that post...or #200 which just showed up...I must be posting way to slow!)

Rejoice in the Lord!!! And again I say rejoice!

Praise God His mercies are new every morning!

Praise God at all times and pray without ceasing!

(written before post #199 was posted, so this is NOT in reference to that post...or #200 which just showed up...I must be posting way to slow!)

Amen

(And 18.5 posts per day posting rate too slow? Shurely shome mishtake.)

I know what it means, but what I do not understand is your definition of a double curse and how it differs from a standard curse.

Each verse referred to a curse on booze, two verses, two curses, double curse on booze.

Each verse referred to a curse on booze, two verses, two curses, double curse on booze.

Basing a quasi-doctrine on the number of verses seemingly supporting one's opinion is odd.  I wouldn't question your sincerity, but I wonder about about your double curse reasoning.

Edited by Arbo

Swath,

As you prOBably already know, I see plenty of biblical reasons for Christians to totally abstain from alcohol. Beyond that, even if one somehow still comes to the conclusion they have liberty to drink such, the verses saying to avoid all appearance of evil and to do nothing that would cause another to stumble are more than enough reason for Christians to abstain; and especially here in America.

So, to answer your question from above, no I don't think it's okay for saints to drink alcohol.

Returning to the original question that is the topic of this discussion: Can God use a man that drinks wine? To answer the question without skirting the issue at hand, my reply would be: no, he is not fit for the master's use.

2 Timothy 2:21 - "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

Returning to the original question that is the topic of this discussion: Can God use a man that drinks wine? To answer the question without skirting the issue at hand, my reply would be: no, he is not fit for the master's use.

2 Timothy 2:21 - "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

Changing your post has confused me, sorry. So in light of God's Word, do you think it's ok for saints to partake in alcoholic drink?

No, we should not drink wine less we make someone to fall. Will a Christian be unsaved if he or she have some wine.I don't think so. If yes, salvation is by works.