• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

The Glory Land

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Swath,

As you prOBably already know, I see plenty of biblical reasons for Christians to totally abstain from alcohol. Beyond that, even if one somehow still comes to the conclusion they have liberty to drink such, the verses saying to avoid all appearance of evil and to do nothing that would cause another to stumble are more than enough reason for Christians to abstain; and especially here in America.

So, to answer your question from above, no I don't think it's okay for saints to drink alcohol.

• Members

Returning to the original question that is the topic of this discussion: Can God use a man that drinks wine? To answer the question without skirting the issue at hand, my reply would be: no, he is not fit for the master's use.

2 Timothy 2:21 - "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

• Members

Returning to the original question that is the topic of this discussion: Can God use a man that drinks wine? To answer the question without skirting the issue at hand, my reply would be: no, he is not fit for the master's use.

2 Timothy 2:21 - "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

• Members

Changing your post has confused me, sorry. So in light of God's Word, do you think it's ok for saints to partake in alcoholic drink?

No, we should not drink wine less we make someone to fall. Will a Christian be unsaved if he or she have some wine.I don't think so. If yes, salvation is by works.

Archived