• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

The Glory Land

• Members

The trick to the keyboard thing is to lean the keyboard against the back of the chair instead of laying it flat on the seat. Place your hands behind your back as if you are reaching in your back pockets, rotate. Then, feel for the raised notches on the j and f keys . Then type. LOL

Perhaps if you're drinking...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It does sound like SFIC is saying that if someone does not interpret any part of the scripture that has to do with Jesus and wine exactly as he does cannot be saved.  

It also sounds to me that SFIC is saying that if you believe Jesus drank or made alcoholic wine you believe in a false Christ.  And since the word "antichrist" is made up of two roots: αντί (anti) + Χριστός (Khristos). "Αντί" can mean not only "against" and "opposite of", but also "in place of", "Χριστός", translated "Christ".  So I guess if according to SFIC if you agree with him on the Jesus and alcohol issue you believe in Jesus, whereas if you disagree with him on the subject of Jesus and alcohol you just could be worshiping an antichrist. 

I do not agree with SFIC on this issue therefor I must be damned.  If I am wrong, (it wouldn't be the first time) I am willing to be corrected.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

It does sound like SFIC is saying that if someone does not interpret any part of the scripture that has to do with Jesus and wine exactly as he does cannot be saved.
It also sounds to me that SFIC is saying that if you believe Jesus drank or made alcoholic wine you believe in a false Christ. And since the word "antichrist" is made up of two roots: αντί (anti) + Χριστός (Khristos). "Αντί" can mean not only "against" and "opposite of", but also "in place of", "Χριστός", translated "Christ". So I guess if according to SFIC if you agree with him on the Jesus and alcohol issue you believe in Jesus, whereas if you disagree with him on the subject of Jesus and alcohol you just could be worshiping an antichrist.

I do not agree with SFIC on this issue therefor I must be damned. If I am wrong, (it wouldn't be the first time) I am willing to be corrected.

God bless,
Larry

I am sorry, you can only get Saved Ones.

• Members

Right, but the way you define belief in 'the Jesus portrayed in the Bible' seemingly includes everything the Bible speaks on. You even gave an example yourself:

So here you are saying that anyone who is wrong or ignorant about how many days the world was created in is unsaved and cannot be saved until they first gain a correct knowledge of it.

Let's put it this way. 

If you were witnessing to me and told me that Jesus Christ was born, died on a cross and rose again the third day, and I believed it, your contention would be that I would be saved. 

But what if, down the road, you told me that the Jesus you have always believed in shot up heroin? or snorted cocaine on occasion?  Would I be saved?  Of course not.  But you presented to me the same Jesus back then, but left out some details as to who that Jesus was.  The Jesus you led me to was the drug addicted Jesus, not the Jesus of the Bible... even though you said that Jesus died, was buried and rose again.

When we preach Christ, we had better be preaching the right Christ.  If we are preaching the christ of our understanding, and that christ was a christ contrary to the Christ of Scripture, we have preached the wrong christ.  No matter how much we want to think it was the right one.

• Members

It also sounds to me that SFIC is saying that if you believe Jesus drank or made alcoholic wine you believe in a false Christ.  And since the word "antichrist" is made up of two roots: αντί (anti) + Χριστός (Khristos). "Αντί" can mean not only "against" and "opposite of", but also "in place of", "Χριστός", translated "Christ".  So I guess if according to SFIC if you agree with him on the Jesus and alcohol issue you believe in Jesus, whereas if you disagree with him on the subject of Jesus and alcohol you just could be worshiping an antichrist. 

I do not agree with SFIC on this issue therefor I must be damned.  If I am wrong, (it wouldn't be the first time) I am willing to be corrected.

God bless,

Larry

Larry, if you believe Jesus drank alcohol, or made alcohol for people who had already well drunk, I can point you to many pastors like myself who can point you to the true Jesus.

• Members

If I were unsaved, and someone who believed in a Jesus who drank alcohol were to come up to me, telling me that Jesus died for my sins, was buried and rose again the third day, even though they did not tell me their belief that Jesus drank alcohol, that would be the Jesus they presented to me... one that drank alcohol. 

That Jesus is not the true Jesus.  That Jesus did not die and rise again.  They are presenting a false Jesus. 

If a Catholic came to me and told me Jesus died and rose again the third day, they too would be presenting a false Jesus.  The Jesus they present has a mother who answers prayers and is still a virgin.  Wrong Jesus.

The one presenting Jesus better be presenting the right Jesus, else he is pointing to the wrong Jesus.

• Members

Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Habakkuk 2:15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

If anyone believes that the Bible is the Word of God, then surely you believe that God, "the Word", the Lord Jesus, was the author of the words above, then why would you even intertain the thought that he would do the same sins Himself? Even a lot of lost people know better than that. That would make him a HIPPOCRITE which He is not. He made that water, at the wedding, into grape juice. Alcohol is a mind altering drug and it gets that way via corruption aka fermentation.. And since Jesus himself drank "wine" why don't we make one of those holywood movies showing him inebriated at the wedding? Might as well huh?

This is ridiculous, I don't even believe we are having this discussion. It DOES get into changing the character or the "image" if God into an image like unto CORRUPTIBLE man. I'm sorry, I will have to agree with bro SIFL on this point, that;s not the Jesus I met when I got saved: mine is HOLY.

• Members

Let's put it this way. 

If you were witnessing to me and told me that Jesus Christ was born, died on a cross and rose again the third day, and I believed it, your contention would be that I would be saved. 

But what if, down the road, you told me that the Jesus you have always believed in shot up heroin? or snorted cocaine on occasion?  Would I be saved?  Of course not.  But you presented to me the same Jesus back then, but left out some details as to who that Jesus was.  The Jesus you led me to was the drug addicted Jesus, not the Jesus of the Bible... even though you said that Jesus died, was buried and rose again.

When we preach Christ, we had better be preaching the right Christ.  If we are preaching the christ of our understanding, and that christ was a christ contrary to the Christ of Scripture, we have preached the wrong christ.  No matter how much we want to think it was the right one.

I've not made any contentions, I'm just trying to understand and crystallise what you are saying. And what you are saying, in effect, is that one needs to have read all of the Bible and understood it correctly before one can be saved.

By the way, what you've just said above means that if, say, you meet someone who helped lead you to Christ 30 years ago and during this meeting the person says something about Jesus or scripture that is wrong, it makes you unsaved, no matter what your own beliefs are.

• Members

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

False Prophets will not point one to the true Christ.  They serve not Christ, but another master.  They will point to a sinful christ, or a christ that condones sin.  They will use good words and fair speeches to deceive the hearts of the simple.

Look at the man over the last decade that claimed to be Jesus.  Many of his followers testified to others that they had found the Christ.  They told others that this man rose from the dead and has returned to his people. 

Sadly, many believed that nonsense.  They believed that this Luis character was who their friends said he was.  Why?  Because they did not know the Christ of the Bible... even though their friends used Bible Scripture saying the man was the Son of God, lived, died and rose again. 

If that was the only words they ever heard from their friends, and they believed those words, they would be just as lost as if they had never heard those words in the first place.  Their friend was testifying of a false christ.

No, it is important in which Christ you believe.  If that Christ is not the Christ of the Bible, then my friend, you are a hell bound sinner still whether you were told he was born, died and raised from the dead or not.

Archived