• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

The Glory Land

• Members

The Jesus whom we serve is important. We need to make sure that Jesus fits perfectly the description of the Jesus of the Bible. If not, we obviously serve another Jesus.

Exactly, SFIC. So like I said, the logical conclusion of your 'different Jesus' argument is that anyone who differs with you on any point of scripture isn't saved.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ONLY thing we have to believe about Jesus when it comes to salvation is that He is who He said He is, surrender to Him and we are born again.

Nowhere does Scripture even hint that we first have to go through some list of things to decide what we think about Jesus and whatever.

A false Christ is one which rejects that Christ is the Son of God in the flesh, the One and Only Way to heaven.

Having a right or wrong understanding of what Jesus would think if He heard one of us listening to Amy Grant sing "Thy Word", or if someone wasn't sure whether wine was sometimes just grape juice or booze or one or the other, or if Jesus would play cards or watch Fox News, vote in elections, think ill of a woman wearing pants or a man with his face shaved clean, etc., isn't a factor with regards to salvation.

• Members

John, your statement puts every single Catholic in heaven, every single Mormon in heaven, and many other cults in heaven. 

They too believe that Jesus is the Son of God, lived, died, was buried, rose again.

Your belief is very ecumenical.

We must believe in the right Jesus or we know not the right Jesus.

• Members

I agree that we have to believe those things about Jesus. But which Jesus are we to believe has those attributes?

We are warned of false christ's in the world. We are warned of another Jesus than the one the Apostles preached.

I believe lying christ's deceive many to believe others into believing they are the Son of God. Look at Matthew 7. Many will stand before the real Jesus saying they they did things in His name... Yet He does not know them.

Why not? They were serving another christ and not the true christ.

Do the Catholics serve christ who had brothers and sisters? No! They serve a son of a perpetual virgin. Yet, they say this son is the one who died and rose from the dead.

When someone says Jesus made alcohol, they are presenting a false Christ. If they were following the right Jesus, they would not present a false Jesus.

When someone says Jesus drank alcohol, they are presenting a false Christ. If they were following the right Jesus, they would not present a false Jesus.

The Jesus whom we serve is important. We need to make sure that Jesus fits perfectly the description of the Jesus of the Bible.

If not, we obviously serve another Jesus.

You are talking about two Jesus? I believe in three Jesus. Jesus the father, Jesus the Son and Jesus the Holy Spirit. So you fall short one. :)

• Members

Jesus said in John 3 that he that believeth on the Son hath eternal life. He that hath the Son hath eternal life.

There are many christs in the world many false Jesus's are being presented in churches all around the world.

The True Son is found in the Word of God.

Jesus said to Mary and Martha, I am the resurrection and the life. He that believeth in Me, though he were dead shall live.

We must believe in the true Christ, or or belief is in vain.

• Members

Who here considered every point of possible difference regarding Jesus before they were born again?

No, what I've said doesn't put a single Catholic or Mormon in heaven. Both Catholics and Mormons believe in a works based salvation. It doesn't matter what they think regarding wine, CCM, or SUVs.

Salvation and learning and growing in the Lord are two different things.

• Members

Jesus said in John 3 that he that believeth on the Son hath eternal life. He that hath the Son hath eternal life.

There are many christs in the world many false Jesus's are being presented in churches all around the world.

The True Son is found in the Word of God.

Jesus said to Mary and Martha, I am the resurrection and the life. He that believeth in Me, though he were dead shall live.

We must believe in the true Christ, or or belief is in vain.

You have mentioned that you don't see very well in the past. How is it that you spell correctly and so quickly reply. Just checking, forgive me for my poor grammar.

• Members

No, those who believe in a Jesus other than the Jesus portrayed in the Bible are unsaved.

Right, but the way you define belief in 'the Jesus portrayed in the Bible' seemingly includes everything the Bible speaks on. You even gave an example yourself:

The Jesus who created the world in six days is (not) the same Jesus who spent millions of years to create the world.

So here you are saying that anyone who is wrong or ignorant about how many days the world was created in is unsaved and cannot be saved until they first gain a correct knowledge of it.

• Members

I surprise my wife at times with my typing skills. Many years of practice has taught me how to type on the keyboard behind my back. One does not need to have good vision to learn how to spell or type.

For example, close your eyes and spell horse. Now, that wasn't hard, was it? LOL

(I wonder how many are trying the keyboard thing now? ROFL)

Archived