• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

The Glory Land

• Moderators

But contrary to Darren's uneducated claim, not all wine was alcoholic in the Bible.  And the wine that Jesus drank was the pure blood of the grape; i.e., grape juice.

And with the addition of the superfluous adjective "uneducated", I foresee this thread nose diving into contention rather than discussion. (Sound familiar??)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You seem have to no idea of tact and courtesy.
No, technically there is nothing wrong with what you wrote, but the likelihood is that he will be offended by your use of an unnecessary term.

It didn't need to be said.

• Members

If he has not studied the topic, then the claim is uneducated. Nothing wrong with my statement. I could have used a term the Apostle used, I suppose... Unlearned. But don't they mean the same thing?

What benefit do you think would be gained by intentionally being insulting to a brother?

• Members

What benefit do you think would be gained by intentionally being insulting to a brother?

SFIC has made it very clear in these discussions that he considers anybody who believes Jesus could coneivably have drunk wine to be unsaved. Therefore, he doesn't think Darren is a brother. Just supplying some context.

• Members

My Jesus did not drink alcohol, obviously if yours did, we are not serving the same Jesus.

Thanks for confirming what I was saying, SFIC. If your point in posts 105 onwards was to say that actually Darren does think that Jesus may have drank alcohol, then it logically follows that you do not think Darren is a Christian. Like I said, I was just making that obvious for any that aren't familiar with your views.

Of course, the logical conclusion of your 'different Jesus' argument is that anyone who differs with you on any point of scripture isn't saved:

My Jesus did not teach that we are to tithe to pastors, obviously if yours did, we are not serving the same Jesus.

My Jesus did not teach XYZ view about the end times, obviously if yours did, we are not serving the same Jesus.

My Jesus did not have XYZ views about dressing for church, obviously if yours did, we are not serving the same Jesus.

My Jesus is against CCM, obviously if yours isn't, we are not serving the same Jesus.

Etc, etc..

• Members

I would never serve a Jesus who condemns people to the lake of fire for being drunkards, but made alcohol for a bunch of people who had well drunk already.

Yes, such a Jesus is different than the Jesus I serve.

You guys can defend a distributor of alcohol if you choose. I will serve a Jesus who is free from sin.

• Members

Sounds like many embrace ecumenism these days.

The Jesus who did not drink alcohol is no different than the Jesus who did drink alcohol
The Jesus who condemns drunkenness is no different than the Jesus who endorses the giving of alcohol to drunks.
The Jesus who created the world in six days is the same Jesus who spent millions of years to create the world.

2 Corinthians 11:4 (KJV)
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

Can two walk together except they be agreed?

• Members

When it comes to salvation, one has to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He gave His life as a ransom for us and by His shed blood we are cleansed when we accept Him as Lord and Saviour. That's the Jesus one has to know to be saved.

Other points may be important in other matters, but not with regards to salvation.

• Members

I agree that we have to believe those things about Jesus. But which Jesus are we to believe has those attributes?

We are warned of false christ's in the world. We are warned of another Jesus than the one the Apostles preached.

I believe lying christ's deceive many to believe others into believing they are the Son of God. Look at Matthew 7. Many will stand before the real Jesus saying they they did things in His name... Yet He does not know them.

Why not? They were serving another christ and not the true christ.

Do the Catholics serve christ who had brothers and sisters? No! They serve a son of a perpetual virgin. Yet, they say this son is the one who died and rose from the dead.

When someone says Jesus made alcohol, they are presenting a false Christ. If they were following the right Jesus, they would not present a false Jesus.

When someone says Jesus drank alcohol, they are presenting a false Christ. If they were following the right Jesus, they would not present a false Jesus.

The Jesus whom we serve is important. We need to make sure that Jesus fits perfectly the description of the Jesus of the Bible.

If not, we obviously serve another Jesus.

Archived