• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

The Glory Land

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I need clarification. The title suggests that you drink wine on a regular basis. So please clarify. Are you a drinker of wine on a regular basis? Or are you an occasional drinker of wine? Or are you a former drinker of wine (meaning that you no longer drink wine)?

• Members

As evidenced by many examples throughout the Bible, God does indeed use those who have sinned for His purposes.  That doesn't mean it's ok to sin, to continue to sin and usually for those unrepentant sinners, God uses them in such a way to help someone else, not them.

• Members

I have had wine, now this is your chance to attack me. Or you can say that God could never use me, for doing this. I am out of popcorn. But I have told you the truth. :)

It's not about whether God can use you are not because God can use anyone. It's about how does it effect your testimony and how is your conscience before God?

• Members

The drinker's conscience before God doesn't really mean much.  He is going to do what seems right in his eyes.  If is seems right to him, his conscience is not condemning him.

The problem is, man's heart is deceitful and desperately wicked.

Eve saw the forbidden fruit, that it was good to the eyes.
The drinker sees the alcohol, that it is good to the eyes.

• Members

So many like to take Romans 14 out of context and use it to justify their drinking of alcohol. 

But in light of the fact that alcohol has the ability to cause one to forget the law; pervert the judgment of the afflicted; cause one to lust; cause one to speak perverse things; make one a brawler, etc., it is highly doubtful that Paul was defending the drinking of alcohol in that passage.

Archived