• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lets Talk About Pastors Wifes...

The Glory Land

• Members

Titus 1:5 (KJV) 5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:

Titus 1:6 (KJV) 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

Titus 1:7 (KJV) 7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

Sorry, but titus clearly says they must have children

• Administrators

Sorry, but no he doesn't.  "having faithful children" is not the same as "you have to have children".  The meaning is clear: if you have children, they need to be in control.

This is such a silly argument (brawling can also be arguing, not just physical...).  God calls men. And God opens or closes the womb.  He has called many men to whom He has not given children.  And I know you will say that they weren't truly called...but that puts you on a plane with God. And you ain't there, any more than the rest of us.

• Moderators

Let's REALLY stir the pot on the children issue ---- if she had 2 miscarriages and one child who died at 16 months of age and is now sterile, do they have 3 faithful children who are in subjection? Or is he not qualified for not having any children?

• Members

Allow me to play devils advocate for a sec.......

1 Timothy 3:4 (KJV) 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
1 Timothy 3:5 (KJV) 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

How is a single guy going to know how to "rule his own house" and thereby know how to take care,,,,,etc. if he has no one there to "rule".? But then, again. a single man who is able to discipline himself alone, is much better than a man unable to lead a "brawling woman" and "unruly kids" no?

• Members

I don't know but BOTH of Moses' wives had to put up with alot of grief. I'm sure.

Numbers 12: 1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

Exodus 4:24 AAnd it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. 25Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. 26So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

The Black wife had to put up with racism and his first wife, Zipporrah, obviously got upset. 

Archived