• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Reject Truth When It Is Given?

• Members

Um, didn't you say earlier that sarcasm was sin?  Hmmmm.....

yep and I must of out of frustration got in my flesh when I said how sweet the fellowship.  But hey that is ok according to Candle, at least for some.

Actually the rest was not sarcastic I was summarizing a everyones post that have come against me this day on the topic.  And it is what you and the rest were saying NO?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, there are different gospels in scripture but there is only one we preach today (I Cor. 15:3,4). Doesn't matter if you believe they are different or not. All that matters is you preached the right one.

Acts. 2:38 is NOT the right gospel. Please don't try to tell me it's the right gospel. You know it's not and you would never tell that verse to someone seeking salvation. Only a Campbellite would.

Also, when Jesus preached the gospel you and I believe in none of the disciples even understood it. In fact, it was HID from them. This alone should tell you that at the time they were believing in a different gospel, i.e. that the promised kingdom to the Jews was at hand. (Luke 18:31-34). This is why when they were fighting about who would be sitting at Jesus' side he told them that they didn't know what they were talking about. They still were waiting for a literal kingdom with Christ sitting on the throne. No death, burial or resurrection of their King was in their future plans.

The gospel Jesus preached (as well as John the Baptist) early on was the gospel of the kingdom which was the fulfillment of a promised kingdom of Abraham and David for the Jews. This is what the disciples were expecting. But seeing that most of the Jews wanted a kingdom without repentance that kingdom was placed on the back burner.

None of you go around telling folks to "repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Your brains may say there's only one gospel and all of them are the same but your hearts (or the Holy Ghost working in your heart) makes sure you only preach the one Paul preached.

To this day there's many people that call themselves Christians (the RCC included) who say Paul was a heretic and his teaching of the gospel was heresy. This is because they know his gospel was different from the one in Matthew-Luke. 

The gospel of John itself is so different from the other three because he wrote his book AFTER Paul received his revelation.

The gospel we believe wasn't preached, known, understood or believed on until it was revealed to Paul (Romans 16:25,26). It was a mystery of God that was hid until that time.

• Administrators

yep and I must of out of frustration got in my flesh when I said how sweet the fellowship.  But hey that is ok according to Candle, at least for some. Sarcasm does have its uses. I really don't care if you utilize it or not. Just thought it was interesting that you did after talking about it being evil.

Actually the rest was not sarcastic I was summarizing a everyones post that have come against me this day on the topic.  And it is what you and the rest were saying NO? Nope, that isn't what I was saying at all - but you know that if you really read what I wrote.  Come against you?  Okay.  A bit narcissistic, doncha think?  Mayhap those who've disagreed disagree with your conclusions - or the WAY you present them - rather than posting just to come against you. Post your thoughts without trying to make people think they are stupid and don't know scripture and maybe there will be a good discussion. But try to make someone feel stupid (or that they don't study the Bible since they don't agree with you) and you'll get resistance. You want sweet fellowship? Then fellowship, don't browbeat.

• Members

Yes, there are different gospels in scripture but there is only one we preach today (I Cor. 15:3,4). Doesn't matter if you believe they are different or not. All that matters is you preached the right one.

Acts. 2:38 is NOT the right gospel. Please don't try to tell me it's the right gospel. You know it's not and you would never tell that verse to someone seeking salvation. Only a Campbellite would.

Also, when Jesus preached the gospel you and I believe in none of the disciples even understood it. In fact, it was HID from them. This alone should tell you that at the time they were believing in a different gospel, i.e. that the promised kingdom to the Jews was at hand. (Luke 18:31-34). This is why when they were fighting about who would be sitting at Jesus' side he told them that they didn't know what they were talking about. They still were waiting for a literal kingdom with Christ sitting on the throne. No death, burial or resurrection of their King was in their future plans.

The gospel Jesus preached (as well as John the Baptist) early on was the gospel of the kingdom which was the fulfillment of a promised kingdom of Abraham and David for the Jews. This is what the disciples were expecting. But seeing that most of the Jews wanted a kingdom without repentance that kingdom was placed on the back burner.

None of you go around telling folks to "repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Your brains may say there's only one gospel and all of them are the same but your hearts (or the Holy Ghost working in your heart) makes sure you only preach the one Paul preached.

To this day there's many people that call themselves Christians (the RCC included) who say Paul was a heretic and his teaching of the gospel was heresy. This is because they know his gospel was different from the one in Matthew-Luke. 

The gospel of John itself is so different from the other three because he wrote his book AFTER Paul received his revelation.

The gospel we believe wasn't preached, known, understood or believed on until it was revealed to Paul (Romans 16:25,26). It was a mystery of God that was hid until that time.

Thank you Brother, I fully agree and it has been what I have said all along.  But instead of being direct like you are I was trying to get them to search the scriptures for themselves and after they did the study then respond.

Good job SOD.

• Administrators

Sorry if I concluded all your and their post as such but you left me no choice to interpret them in that matter by your words. 

I see. You can interpret what we say in whatever way you choose, but we can't yours.  I see. Consistency, not.

By my words?  Bwahahaha!  If you really read my words, you would see that I have been talking about how you post, not what you posted.

And, as far as "trying to get them to search scriptures for themselves..." there you go again.  Deciding that you know whether or not people search the scripture.  Sheesh. You just don't get it, do you?  OB members are not your students who must do the work you assign them.  You want to discuss something, discuss it. Stop trying to make people out to be ignorant of scripture just because they might disagree with you, or that they are unwilling to search scripture because they don't jump at your demands. SMH.

• Members

I see. You can interpret what we say in whatever way you choose, but we can't yours.  I see. Consistency, not. sacasim

Well gosh Honey, that is what I have been saying already about you all.  So why is ok for you and not me?

By my words?  Bwahahaha! condescension  If you really read my words, you would see that I have been talking about how you post That is interpretation of my post not necessarily what is in my heart are you claiming to know my heart, not what you posted.

And, as far as "trying to get them to search scriptures for themselves..." there you go again.  Deciding that you know whether or not people search the scripture.  Sheesh. Condescension You just don't get it, do you? condescending. OB members are not your students who must do the work you assign them.false accusation or misinterpretation You want to discuss something, discuss it.  Have been but others aren't. Stop trying to make people out to be ignorant of scripture false accusation or misinterpretation just because they might disagree with you it is not a matter of might disagree it is out right opposition that they don't agree, or that they are unwilling to search scripture because they don't jump at your demands. SMH.  False accusation or misinterpretation I never demanded of anyone

• Members

i never knew that before the NT that Enoch knew Jesus Christ died for him personally?

i didn't know that Noah knew that Jesus Christ died for him personally?

i must have over looked the verses where any of them professed Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.

could you please give me the OT verses that I must have over looked that show them believing on the cross of Christ.

I am totally shocked that I could have been that narrow minded to miss those verses.

i know that they all had faith in God and his promises but they never attained to that which they were promised according to Hebrews 11.

I can't believe I am reading this from someone who says they are IFB.   However,  they won't label themselves as such, b/c they don't want to associate themselves with men of God who basically "tarnished" the reputation of the IFBs, according to you.  Guess what?  That happens in all faiths.  Maybe, you have problems with the IFB b/c they don't agree with your messed up doctrine of "different gospels."  Congratulations that you have a few supporters on OB, though.  The rest of us do not have your intellect to understand the Bible.  Now, I am being sarcastic.   ;)  Talking to you is like :bang: .  

• Members

Ok I am wondering why none of you have addressed ASOD degrees teaching on different gospels?

AV, I'm guessing that no one has responded to ASOD's post, because it's not a new topic; it's been discussed here before.  ASOD's position is known here already. 

...but that's just my opinion of why no one has responded.  As for me, I've stayed out of this discussion on purpose...I've chosen not to counter anyone or support anyone, because I see this as one of those topics that only lends to people voicing what they believe without convincing other parties either way. I guess many topics are that way though...

• Members

I stayed out of the last thread where AVBB was going on about something which most members disagreed, including me.  I could no longer stay silent, as he thinks he is a Biblical scholar and the rest of us are morons.  He does have a small following on OB, though.  That should stroke his ego a bit.   ;)   

• Members

Well, don't stone me folks (or if you do, use them little fish tank gravel stones) but I am in agreement with AVBB and Song. Don't mean I follow either or even like them and just because I mention them together don't mean they follow or like each other (or me for that matter).

Nobody should be following anybody on here or anywhere else EXCEPT JESUS and your local church leadership.

But after all, I am just a smelly hound dog. On the bright side, I got really nice teeth and marvelous singing voice.

• Members

I stayed out of the last thread where AVBB was going on about something which most members disagreed, including me.  I could no longer stay silent, as he thinks he is a Biblical scholar and the rest of us are morons. false accusation or misunderstanding on your part  He does have a small following on OB, though.  That should stroke his ego a bit.   ;)   I am not for any following

Now just think if I had said this about Candlelight everybody would be all over me about being condescending and sarcastic and how wrong it is for me to do it. Do you know what they call this is real world?

Hypocrisy!

And don't worry I wont call you honey, which is a southern term of endearment, apparently it is forbidden to be used here as such. the ladies at our church call everybody honey, even the gals at the gas and go will call their customers that.

Archived