• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Reject Truth When It Is Given?

• Members

AV has a problem with being condescending, mockery, and outright lying.  

You posted a post made up of innuendos and unknown facts to distort and connect me to a man I know not.  that is a lie in itself.

you have yet to attack my message only the messenger

who really "has a problem" or "being condescending (which you have done)" mockery (by comparing me to Ruckan but not really knowing any facts and the above statement is mockery),  and lying? Any words posted that can not be proven just to line someone up to another you hate is lying words.

I guess I was just not as righteous as all you here at online Baptist are this includes all you who hit the like buttons on the two threads

Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any [man]; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all [men].

1Pe 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

NoNic DaveW, You all that hit the like buttons on NoNic post here and on Eter Sec too, you have all right to throw stones at me, I am just a wicked old sinner and you are without these sins you accuse me of and agree too in your own lives.

I was slighted and I got a little upset. forgive me my sin. 

A few men decide to attack me (not the message) and all you think it is just fine?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is condescending and rude.
There is no call for that.
Either biblically defend or don't but this is not honouring God.

I was not attempting to be condescending.  I called him Johny boy so what!  that doesn't automatically make it condescending.

I have been waiting to get his view on right division for a few days now and he has yet to give it.  I have asked him numerous times and still no answer.  If he claims or charges me falsely that I am ignoring verses but in fact as I have demonstrated, that in my course of Study using right division that those verse are for church age saints, or in fact have to be accompanied with works in the OT or in the future.  Then who is the one ignoring scripture?

i.e. someone said there were no saved at the GWT. to my understanding they were saying no ones name was written in the lamb's book of life.  But when I showed a verse that tells us where those whose names were written in the next chapter went to.  Silence and mockery, condescending attitude assuage the Board with no DaveW calling them on it and their false statement and misleading words meant to paint pictures which they can claim innocence.

I have used Bible to prove my point again and again and all I get is people being rude, claiming that my study is false teaching and mocking replies.  They are not defending their words biblically and you call me on this but it is ok for John81 and No Nic to do it?  Do you have a different standard with them than I?  How is it their God dishonouring words seem ok to you but mine are not?  There must be a unbalanced scale of judgement being used.

• Members

In my study of this line of dispensationalist teachings, one can only see it that way when they redefine certain words and concepts.  Too much scripture is ignored in order to hold these beliefs.

• Members

Actually, there are so many divisions within Christianity because of sin.

While we are called to be in unity with our brothers/sisters in Christ we have to realize that in this fallen world that's not going to happen on a large scale.

We can't change everything ourselves, but we can strive to love, be kind to and helpful of our brothers/sisters in Christ that we know, who live near us, are in our community and those in our own home church.

• Members

Denominations like political parties are evil.  A Christian must separate from those who teach and live by errors so as not to separate themselves from God.  Those believing in the eternal security of the believer should have nothing to do (save for evangelizing) with those who believe in any kind of works based salvation for example.  Historically, those known as Baptists have separated from those who do not hold to Baptism by immersion and those who believe that Baptism saves and those who believe that infants should be Baptised.  

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. 

• Members

There is but one means of salvation and if one isn't born again in Christ (by grace through faith) then they are not biblical Christians, they are not our brothers/sisters in Christ. This means we shouldn't be yoked with them. What they need is what all lost souls need, that is to hear the true, biblical, clear Gospel message of salvation.

• Members

There is but one means of salvation and if one isn't born again in Christ (by grace through faith) then they are not biblical Christians, they are not our brothers/sisters in Christ. This means we shouldn't be yoked with them. What they need is what all lost souls need, that is to hear the true, biblical, clear Gospel message of salvation.

So in effect you are saying that the only saved people are IFB'ers?? So that excludes all other denominations and people in them? Isn't the IFB also a denomination and an institution with affiliated churches, colleges, and missionary organizations? And The doctrines, do they not have roots in the reformation and Darbyism as well?

• Members

Donillo,

I really have no idea how you jumped to such conclusions. I said nothing about IFBs being the only saved people. What I did was point out what the Bible says, that being that there is only one means of salvation. Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean they are. ONLY if a person is biblically born again in Christ are they a biblical Christian and therefore a brother/sister in Christ of other biblically born again Christians.

Ones denomination, church name or history doesn't matter with regards to salvation.

• Members

I don't think all the Catholic church is out of Donillo yet.  He seems to believe that salvation is in the church and that outside of the church there can be no salvation.  That is why he has such an issue with denomination nomenclature.  I call myself an IFB not because of some loyalty to an organization but only as an aid to those that are knowledgeable of the core Baptist distinctive's and that I hold to those.  When I introduce myself to another brother in Christ and say that I am IFB, that should immediately let them know generally where I stand on a lot of the core fundamentals.  Apart from a easy statement of belief, I simply consider myself a Christian.

Bro. Garry

Archived