• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Reject Truth When It Is Given?

• Members

AVBB, your words are very prideful and condescending.  You act like you are a Biblical scholar.  In my opinion, no man is a Biblical scholar.  As the secular phrase goes, "No one has arrived."  We are always learning more and more. 

there was no intent of condescending speech and I was not being prideful.

That is just your interpretation of my words because you are imposing on my words an attitude without eye contact, body language, intonation.  If I was I would use verbiages that would imply sarcasm and ridicule for when blogging or posting that is how you are to be condescending and proud.

Here is an example of condescending speech cut right from a post in this thread? 

Before I post it did you see it as such?  If not then you are being biased towards my words and not others.

"Poor me - I read the Bible and come to a particular opinion on a thing that is obviously wrong. Where will I find a man to show me the error of my understanding, since I can't trust what the Word of God says alone."

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Before you charge her with anything, how about you check your facts....

Her post and mine have the same timestamp.
She posted moments after my post and without seeing my post.

• Members

there was no intent of condescending speech and I was not being prideful.

That is just your interpretation of my words because you are imposing on my words an attitude without eye contact, body language, intonation.  If I was I would use verbiages that would imply sarcasm and ridicule for when blogging or posting that is how you are to be condescending and proud.

Here is an example of condescending speech cut right from a post in this thread? 

Before I post it did you see it as such?  If not then you are being biased towards my words and not others.

"Poor me - I read the Bible and come to a particular opinion on a thing that is obviously wrong. Where will I find a man to show me the error of my understanding, since I can't trust what the Word of God says alone."

You may not see prideful and condescending speech, AVBB; however, I see it.  I agree that body language is 90% of the way we understand what others are saying.  However, you are using that excuse all the time.

DaveW is simply tired of your posts.  Sometimes, sarcasm is the only way a person can deal with something, once they get fed up.  You would be wise to tone it down a bit, brother.

• Administrators

See, AV - you're at it again. Claiming that you are the only one who knows the truth.  That is prideful.  Sarcasm has its place and can be used effectively in conversation. But pride precludes conversation because the prideful one believes he/she is right all the time.  You have made it a practice to proclaim that everyone who disagrees with you doesn't study the Bible, doesn't know what you know, only believes what they believe because of what some man taught them. That, my friend, is pride.  And your attitude does most certainly come across as condescending.  

You need to work on that - because it isn't scriptural.

• Members

Before you charge her with anything, how about you check your facts....

Her post and mine have the same timestamp.
She posted moments after my post and without seeing my post.

I did look back and see it, Dave.  And, as stated in my post, I can understand your need for sarcasm.  Some people's comments get old after awhile.

• Members

You may not see prideful and condescending speech, AVBB; however, I see it.  I agree that body language is 90% of the way we understand what others are saying.  However, you are using that excuse all the time.

DaveW is simply tired of your posts.  Sometimes, sarcasm is the only way a person can deal with something, once they get fed up.  You would be wise to tone it down a bit, brother.

what I am using as an excuse is your incorrect interpretation.  But if you do not wish to admit you could possibly be wrong then so be it.

Being tired of someones post of the FACT that there are Three different Gospel, is your justification for it being okay for DaveW being condescending, but you afford me not the same? 

I Too am tired of hearing the same old SCHOLASTIC line that all these are the same, that is perpetually taught by 90% of IFB.

And if these Gospels are the same way did Paul waste his time in saying by inspiration concerning those who were imposing the Kingdom Gospel which included obeying the commandments of God, when he wrote, Ga 1:6-9 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.   But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

If they were all the same why this warning?

It is because they are different and apply to different classified time periods one pre-church age, church age and post-church age.

Just because a lot of men say it is so does not make it truth it means they are pulling a specific scholarly line of gospel thought.

• Members

Sarcasm is corrupt speech Eph 4:29 and should not purposely come from our hearts, mouths or finger tips.  If you feel the need to follow the Greek Philosophy of Sarcasm then you are being worldly and compromising in your stance on Biblical truth not to be worldly as taught in Rom 12:1-3

• Members

See, AV - you're at it again. Claiming that you are the only one who knows the truth.  That is prideful.  Sarcasm has its place and can be used effectively in conversation. But pride precludes conversation because the prideful one believes he/she is right all the time.  You have made it a practice to proclaim that everyone who disagrees with you doesn't study the Bible, doesn't know what you know, only believes what they believe because of what some man taught them. That, my friend, is pride.  And your attitude does most certainly come across as condescending.  

You need to work on that - because it isn't scriptural.

I am not claiming I only know the truth I simply have shown clearly by scripture and encourage you to do the study yourself.

taking the opposite view is just a prideful so if you judge me such then so are you and others.

I teach the word.  I teach men how to study the word. And just because I put forth a truth that is clearly seen in God's word does not necessarily mean I am being prideful.  Can you all get off that horse already and judge with correct scales for a little bit.

Instead of commenting back so fast that I am this or that while others are afforded that which you claim I am.

Why don't you at least make three columns on a piece of paper then write each one as I have pointed out.  then in each column put the requirements under that Gospel and the verse references.  then come back with your conclusions that is what I have been encouraging john, Dave and et al.  No one does it they just say I being condescending and prideful.

• Members

what I am using as an excuse is your incorrect interpretation.  But if you do not wish to admit you could possibly be wrong then so be it.

Being tired of someones post of the FACT that there are Three different Gospel, is your justification for it being okay for DaveW being condescending, but you afford me not the same? 

I Too am tired of hearing the same old SCHOLASTIC line that all these are the same, that is perpetually taught by 90% of IFB.

And if these Gospels are the same way did Paul waste his time in saying by inspiration concerning those who were imposing the Kingdom Gospel which included obeying the commandments of God, when he wrote, Ga 1:6-9 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.   But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

If they were all the same why this warning?

It is because they are different and apply to different classified time periods one pre-church age, church age and post-church age.

Just because a lot of men say it is so does not make it truth it means they are pulling a specific scholarly line of gospel thought.

There you go again, AVBB.  Again, I have never heard of different Gospels since 1999 when I entered the IFB church.  I have also been on OB for many years, left, and came back.  How could all 90% of IFB churches be wrong and you are right? Also remember this is an IFB forum.

Man has been saved from Genesis to Revelation by "salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ."  The animal sacrifices were a symbol or picture of Jesus.  They had no saving power.  The Jews were looking to the cross.  

And, you would also be wise to listen to HC, as she is a mod.  

• Administrators

I am not claiming I only know the truth I simply have shown clearly by scripture and encourage you to do the study yourself. I've actually studied the Bible longer than you have...having been saved longer.  So, thanks for the encouragement, but I already study...

taking the opposite view is just a prideful so if you judge me such then so are you and others. I'm not taking any view - I'm simply telling you to knock off the attitude you're manifesting.  Your lack of desire to even consider how you are coming across to others shows scorn rather than wisdom.

I teach the word.  I teach men how to study the word. If you are teaching, no thanks.  Teachers (and I am one) don't browbeat and denigrate their students.  And, BTW - members on OB are not your students. They are on the same standing as you: equal members. And just because I put forth a truth that is clearly seen in God's word does not necessarily mean I am being prideful. Please try to understand this:  It is HOW you present your opinions that is the point. Can you all get off that horse already and judge with correct scales for a little bit.  I'm not on a horse...and my scales are correct (but even if I were on a horse, I know how to ride).  It isn't about you "putting forth truth." It's about you condescendingly claiming to others that they don't study the Bible simply because they don't agree with what you claim is truth.

Instead of commenting back so fast that I am this or that while others are afforded that which you claim I am. Commenting back so fast?  No...commenting after reading more than one thread in which you claim to be right and all others wrong...

Why don't you at least make three columns on a piece of paper then write each one as I have pointed out.  then in each column put the requirements under that Gospel and the verse references.  then come back with your conclusions that is what I have been encouraging john, Dave and et al.  No one does it they just say I being condescending and prideful. Maybe no one does it because they don't need to just because you push them so to do.  Even if they did, it wouldn't change how you are coming across.  I honestly don't think you intend to be condescending, but that is how you are coming across. A wise man takes heed...a scorner doesn't.  :eye:   

• Members

AVBB,

Sadly, you continue with the arrogance and claims you have shown clear Scriptural proof for your view but it's obvious it's not clear, and as Dave posted (using an abundance of clear Scripture) that your theory isn't accurate.

Rather than telling everyone else to consider they might be wrong, perhaps you should heed your own advice.

Speaking only for myself, when I read a view that's different from what I currently hold to, I give that view a fair consideration and a biblical examination against what I currently believe to see which view stands the biblical investigation. In the case of your "three gospel theory" I've found, just as Dave and others have, that your view isn't supported by Scripture.

• Members

It's been awhile since I read Galatians, but in the entire book of Galatians isn't Paul talking about being careful of those who are preaching falsehoods? Their "gospel" being something other than(or adding to) the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ? Salvation is in none other than Jesus Christ and if someone comes preaching "another gospel", they are perverting the true gospel and are therefore accursed. Throughout the book of Galatians Paul is explaining, in great detail, that there is only ONE way into Heaven, therefore only ONE true gospel. Anything adding to it, or taking away, is a false- "another" -gospel. 

I've been in hundreds of churches (MK) and graduated from Bible College and this is literally the first time I've heard about the three different gospels for three different church ages, and I tried, but I don't see how Paul explained it in Galatians. Throughout his ministry Paul preached that Jesus was the ONLY way for anybody to be saved, as did Peter, John, and Jesus Himself.

• Members

There you go again, AVBB.  Again, I have never heard of different Gospels since 1999 when I entered the IFB church.  I have also been on OB for many years, left, and came back.  How could all 90% of IFB churches be wrong and you are right? Also remember this is an IFB forum.

Man has been saved from Genesis to Revelation by "salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ."  The animal sacrifices were a symbol or picture of Jesus.  They had no saving power.  The Jews were looking to the cross.  

And, you would also be wise to listen to HC, as she is a mod.  

i never knew that before the NT that Enoch knew Jesus Christ died for him personally?

i didn't know that Noah knew that Jesus Christ died for him personally?

i must have over looked the verses where any of them professed Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.

could you please give me the OT verses that I must have over looked that show them believing on the cross of Christ.

I am totally shocked that I could have been that narrow minded to miss those verses.

i know that they all had faith in God and his promises but they never attained to that which they were promised according to Hebrews 11.

• Administrators

I am snowed in but I have had it with this forum discussion. 

I am wrong and all of you are right.

I am full of pride and you are all humble.

you all speak the truth and I the lie.

Oh how sweet the fellowship!

Um, didn't you say earlier that sarcasm was sin?  Hmmmm.....

Archived