• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Intoducing Me

seeker

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I am new to this site.  Have been exploring the topic of predestination.  Can we post links to other places that have helped us.  I found a place that explains the topic very well. 

Welcome, seeker! As this is a discussion forum, why don't you try discussing the topic here first? We've got rather a few wise people around that can give you some good Biblical perspectives on the issue.

• Members

Predestination is a Biblical doctrine, so there's no problem with discussing it. It's the Calvinist/Reformed distortion of it that's the problem.

I have some technical articles on it, but here's a good start:

http://faithfulmenofgod.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-is-biblical-predestination.html

But it is not held by many who are IFB.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I am new to this site.  Have been exploring the topic of predestination.  Can we post links to other places that have helped us.  I found a place that explains the topic very well. 

Predestination is fairly easy. The entire topic is in relation to who God is. His omniscience (knowing all things)  lets Him know the ending right from the very start. Therefore if we're saved at the end of it all then we were predestined from God's point of view because He knew it already.

BUT, He loved the whole world and gave His Son so that no one should have to perish.

No one goes to heaven just because they're "picked". We were all picked by God to be so precious that He would come down and die to make a way to Himself. But you have to choose Jesus to get there. That's why I like the KJV wording of John 3:16 when He says SHOULD not perish. It's not "will not" or "shall not". It's left open to the individual. The devils believe and tremble (James 2:19)

Oh, A BIG welcome to all the new people as well.

• Members

hi new to here and welcome to all

Howdy!  Why don't you folks introduce yourselves?  Tell us a little about you and share your testimony.

• Members

In God's "master plan", those who get saved will experience progressive sanctification, conformity to the image of Christ and ultimately adoption and inheritance. Predestination is always spoken of in plural pronouns like "you", "we", "us", "them" etc. so it is always speaking about a group; never individuals. When "whosoever will"  believes on Jesus, he/she becomes a part of this group and therefore his/her end result will be conformity to the image of Christ and all the promised blessings that go with that.. God will receive glory because He "designed" the whole plan, and because He so richly deserves it. But.....He will share that glory with us, even though we don't deserve it.

The Devil, on the other hand, wants people to believe the lie that God's chief desire is "glory" at all costs, and that predestination means He predetermined certain ones to salvation and predetermined certain others to damnation, from before the foundation of the world, for some kind of "glory". This is false glory and a total perversion of what "predestination" is.

God dealt with the heart of Felix, but Felix put Him off. He begged "oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem" but they "would not", Can I say that God will receive far more glory, than the one of the Calvinistic model, when it is revealed that He was not exclusive and that He so freely and graciously offered salvation and the blessings of eternal life to every single person who has ever lived.  None will have any excuse.

• Members

Hello, welcome, and good luck!  :nuts:

Archived