• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer Needed

jebarr

• Members

jebarr, 20 years as a nurse on my feet for 8+ hours a day and runner in my younger days. Tarsal tunnel syndrome (like carpal tunnel only in your feet), plantar fasciitis, multiple surgeries trying to correct it with no success.

Some people have relief from medication for nerve pain but I wasn't one of them, tried them all. Done everything possible. Been to Mayo's and Loyola in Chicago.

Glad yours are feeling a little warmth!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

jebarr, 20 years as a nurse on my feet for 8+ hours a day and runner in my younger days. Tarsal tunnel syndrome (like carpal tunnel only in your feet), plantar fasciitis, multiple surgeries trying to correct it with no success.

Some people have relief from medication for nerve pain but I wasn't one of them, tried them all. Done everything possible. Been to Mayo's and Loyola in Chicago.

Hard worker.

• Members

I think I have plantar fasciitis, have for several years now. Special insoles helped greatly but starting just this past Monday both heals have been hurting badly, especially after I've laid down or been sitting for awhile; then it's very difficult to stand or walk. Once I move around a bit and get my shoes back on that helps but the pain is still there.

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear that so many OB members have health issues.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands, knees, and feet.  Braggs Vinegar works to diminish some of the pain.  I didn't realize how bad my knees were until we visited our friends in South Eastern Ohio.  They have a rather large house and when we visit we are in the guest room.  I noticed my knees were more sore, than usual, as I was climbing the stairs.  I live in a ranch house, so I can't tell without any stairs to climb.  My feet are the worse.  RA is hereditary.  My grandmother and my mom both had it.  I don't mind getting older, but the body sure does wear down.

• Members

Thanks for sharing Miss Daisy. My pain is still there especially when I walk a lot but I did seem to get more feeling in them that day.  It makes it hard to exercise much to go along with my diet but I do my best. I am so sorry that you have not found relief for your pain.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Hopefully you live in a warmer climate as this winter has been a rough one for most of us.  God Bless.

Jerry

• Members

ASongOfDegrees, thanks for your comment! Made my day. I was a hard worker but useless to workforce now.

Jebarr, I wish I lived in warmer climate too! but I live in northern Illinois and it has been a BRUTAL winter! I understand about the exercise thing especially in winter. I recently started a water exercise class that's 2x week that's basically for people with health problems to move joints and keep mobile. Not a lot of exercises that don't require you to be on your feet.

I also have fibromyalgia and recent diagnosis of anklyosis spondylitis and tomorrow will be getting shots between my vertebrae for the first time to help with pain. Back pain has been excruciating lately too. Pray for me tomorrow early morning.

• Members

Praying for you too, Miss Daisy.

I don't know why, but since Monday I've been having excruciating back pain, mostly on my left side. This is something new. I've had problems with back pain on my right side, for which I have medicine that helps, but that medicine isn't helping at all for this new pain. Add to that my feet have been hurting so bad when I first get up I can barely walk. I was trying to use my cane when I first got up this morning but while that helped with my feet it aggravated my back pain.

Whoever said old age is the "golden years" didn't know what they were talking about! It's more like the "rust and bust years"!

• Members

ASongOfDegrees, thanks for your comment! Made my day. I was a hard worker but useless to workforce now.

Jebarr, I wish I lived in warmer climate too! but I live in northern Illinois and it has been a BRUTAL winter! I understand about the exercise thing especially in winter. I recently started a water exercise class that's 2x week that's basically for people with health problems to move joints and keep mobile. Not a lot of exercises that don't require you to be on your feet.

I also have fibromyalgia and recent diagnosis of anklyosis spondylitis and tomorrow will be getting shots between my vertebrae for the first time to help with pain. Back pain has been excruciating lately too. Pray for me tomorrow early morning.

I have been praying for relief of your pain too Miss Daisy.  I just live downstate in Central Illinois and am quite ready for Spring!  That is a great idea about water exercise.  I am going to check with my local YMCA to see what they offer.  I pray that the shots provide you with some relief. :icon_pray: God bless.

Jerry

• Members

Praying for you too, Miss Daisy.

I don't know why, but since Monday I've been having excruciating back pain, mostly on my left side. This is something new. I've had problems with back pain on my right side, for which I have medicine that helps, but that medicine isn't helping at all for this new pain. Add to that my feet have been hurting so bad when I first get up I can barely walk. I was trying to use my cane when I first got up this morning but while that helped with my feet it aggravated my back pain.

Whoever said old age is the "golden years" didn't know what they were talking about! It's more like the "rust and bust years"!

Praying for you too brother John81. You have not been limping more with the sore feet have you?  I know when I hurt my right knee, after limping awhile, I developed a very sore lower left back.  As the knee got better, so did my walk and then my back pain seemed to have left me mostly.  God Bless.

Jerry

• Members

Somebody needs to 'fess up, whoever didn't pray for me! The spinal injections were absolute torture! I cried through the whole thing. Dr. said he'd put me under anesthesia if I had them done again. Supposedly the ones today the relief is only suppose to last 24-48 hours because it was diagnostic to see if those were the nerves causing the pain. I'm tired of going thru so much pain to try and RELIEVE the pain! (forgive my complaining, pain doesn't make you very happy)

• Members

Somebody needs to 'fess up, whoever didn't pray for me! The spinal injections were absolute torture! I cried through the whole thing. Dr. said he'd put me under anesthesia if I had them done again. Supposedly the ones today the relief is only suppose to last 24-48 hours because it was diagnostic to see if those were the nerves causing the pain. I'm tired of going thru so much pain to try and RELIEVE the pain! (forgive my complaining, pain doesn't make you very happy)

I am so sorry to hear that, Miss Daisy.  I will continue to pray for you tonight.  Don't worrying about complaining.  We are here for you.

• Members

Miss Daisy,

My wife had one of those spinal injections for her neck several years ago and she was really hurting. It was all I could do to hold myself together because it was breaking my heart to see her in such pain. To make matters worse, the injection didn't even help so she had to have surgery anyway.

• Members

To say someone did not pray may be an unjust accusation. We do understand the pains. But there are many factors that will hinder prayers being answered, and even prevent them from being answered. Remember Paul? He prayed for a thorn in the flesh to be removed three times. And God did not remove the thorn, but gave grace to endure.

Another hindrance could be unbelief. We are told faith moves mountains. Now, I am not accusing anyone of unbelief... just saying that is often a factor.

Maybe God is allowing the pain so you will rely on His strength more?

Archived