• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer Needed

jebarr

• Members

Hi all,

I would very much appreciate prayer for the onset of sudden neuropathy in both of my feet.  I believe this is caused by a recent diagnosis of diabetes.  My feet feel numb and tingly and get very cold and almost feel like they are burning at times. 

I have some lab tests tomorrow which could shed light if anything else is wrong.  I have been eating very good since my diagnosis in late January and have lost 22 lbs with plenty of more to go. I am an intense worrier and ask that you not only pray for relief and healing but also my anxiety in dealing with my health.

Thanks and God Bless.

Jerry

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

May you know both the peace of God with respect to your health, & relief & healing from specific suffering.

You say you have been eating "very good" & have lost a lot of weight. I have been diagnosed type 2 D since 2000. I changed my diet to high complex carb as recommended by the health professionals. In 7 years the peripheral neuropathy became crippling. I then changed to a low carb diet - cutting out ALL the obvious carbs. In 3 months I was out of pain & other health concerns improved. 6 years of low carb I am fit & well with no diabetes complications. Hope that helps.

• Members

Dear Heavenly Father thank you for all your blessings and answered prayers. We give you glory and praise. Lord please bless our brother Jerry according to your will. Help him to eat well and to trust in your mercy.

We ask this in Jesus name amen.

I also have type 2 diabetes.

• Moderators

May you know both the peace of God with respect to your health, & relief & healing from specific suffering.

You say you have been eating "very good" & have lost a lot of weight. I have been diagnosed type 2 D since 2000. I changed my diet to high complex carb as recommended by the health professionals. In 7 years the peripheral neuropathy became crippling. I then changed to a low carb diet - cutting out ALL the obvious carbs. In 3 months I was out of pain & other health concerns improved. 6 years of low carb I am fit & well with no diabetes complications. Hope that helps.

Excellent advice-low/no carb and high proteins!

• Members

May God bless you all for your edifying prayers. Covenanter- Low carb is exactly what I am on right now and glory to God this morning I am down another 2 pounds making it 24 total pounds lost.  You have given me great hope and peace about my situation and will trust in the Lord for healing and sustainment. 

Praise His name!

Jerry

• Members

Praying for you also.

I also have neuropathy in both feet, not from diabetes though. They're freezing all the time! Two pairs of wool socks still not warm I battle it year round. God bless you!

Thanks again for everyone's prayers! I still have some mild tingling in both of my feet but yesterday about 2:00 pm CST I was standing in the kitchen and felt a warming coming over my feet and much of the pain and burning gone.  Praise God! :amen: Its definitely improved though and am grateful for the prayers and the Lord's healing hands. Miss Daisy- just curious if not from diabetes, what is the source of your neuropathy?

Archived