• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shepherding The Flock - Why We Must Be In God's Word Daily (Part 1)

• Members
Weekly Sermon

1.  For Christ’s abiding in us (For the Holy Spirit’s filling of us)

John 15:4-7 – “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”

Ephesians 5:18-21 – “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.”

Colossians 3:16-17 – “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”

2.  For God’s sanctifying unto Himself

John 17:14-20 – “I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.  And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.”

John 15:1-3 – “I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.”

3.  For spiritual transformation unto Christ-likeness

Romans 12:2 – “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

James 1:21 – “Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.”

Psalm 19:7 – “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.”

4.  For spiritual growth unto maturity

1 Peter 2:2 – “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”

2 Timothy 3:16-17 – “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”

5.  For spiritual protection from temptation

1 Corinthians 10:11 – “Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.”

Psalm 19:11Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.”

Psalm 119:11 – “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”

Psalm 119:104 – “Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.”
Please share this post with others:

View the full article

• Members

The two greatest things that occured in my life which really brought about growth in the Lord was when the Lord directed me to use the KJB (and I obeyed!) and when He directed me to get up earlier and spend time in the Word EVERY morning (and I obeyed!)

Archived