• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Does King James Only Really Means?

• Members

Aren't the changes between the AV1611 and the "Cambridge 1769" mainly for spelling?  http://www.bible-researcher.com/canon10.html

These are some "changes" which were supposedly made which weren't just spelling. i haven't researched them myself.

http://1611bible.com/KJV-king-james-version-1611-1769/

• Members

Yes, spelling, which included the updating from old style English to modern. The 1611 is very difficult to read because of the style of print as well as the spelling.

The update amounted to typographical editing, not actual change of content.

• Administrators

So, if you want God's Word in your native tongue, should it be translated from the Received Text or from the King James Bible.

Translate from the Received Texts. Much more of a precise language than English and it was directly inspired.

• Members

For myself, I only use the KJB because the Lord directly said to, not by audible voice, but by His Spirit telling me directly just as clear as day.

Same here.

I use an 1875 edition.

• Members

Translate from the Received Texts. Much more of a precise language than English and it was directly inspired.

Huh? How can you say this? English is one of the broadest and most precise language there is. Also, you don't even have punctuation and capitalization in the TR plus all the ADDED words that are not in the TR. And how can you say the TR was "directly inspired" when it is made up of copies of copies? If you truly believe this you should read it instead of your KJV. There is nothing magical about the "original languages" over the English.

Translate it from the KJV which is already being done by many missionaries. 

• Members

What part, That I am KJ preferred?

Brother, you said you are KJV "preferred" which is way too open ended. Can't you see the fallacy in your thinking? Just replace the words "King James Version" with "Lord Jesus Christ" and that should throw some light on it?

In a nutshell you are saying that all bibles are full of errors and you will decide which is right and which is wrong to your liking.

• Members

Brother, you said you are KJV "preferred" which is way too open ended. Can't you see the fallacy in your thinking? Just replace the words "King James Version" with "Lord Jesus Christ" and that should throw some light on it?

In a nutshell you are saying that all bibles are full of errors and you will decide which is right and which is wrong to your liking.

I don't believe that the bible, or bibles are full of errors, if they are, then we all might be just wasting our time..  :godisgood:

• Members

I don't believe that the bible, or bibles are full of errors, if they are, then we all might be just wasting our time..  :godisgood:

Then what do you do when the versions contradict each other? Which one do you pick or prefer and on what basis do you make this determination?

They can't all be right if they don't agree.

• Members

Then what do you do when the versions contradict each other? Which one do you pick or prefer and on what basis do you make this determination?

They can't all be right if they don't agree.

They don't contradict each other, just the newer versions are water down to go down smoother. If I said to you, the wages of sin is death or the payment of sin is separation from God. Which one sounds smoother to the ears? They both are saying the same thing.

The true bible is 100 percent free of errors.  :th_tiphat: . 

Archived