• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Something I hadn't noticed before...

Guest Guest

"Exodus 24:9-12 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them."

This is just before Moses went up into the mount, so not only had all the people seen all the miracles in egypt, the elders actually saw Christ himself in some of his glory, yet they still could only wait forty days before going back to idol worship. :eek

• Members

This emphasises the point that unless we give our hearts to the Lord in repentance and submission, we are yet lost sinners who will continue in the way of sin.

If our hearts are not turned to the Lord, it doesn't matter what our eyes see. As in the story of the man who finds himself in hell desiring the Lord to send Lazarus to warn his brothers but the Lord says they won't even believe one who has rose from the dead.

If we reject the Word of God, if we reject Christ and push away the Holy Ghost, then it won't matter how many miracles we see God perform, or how many times we've heard the Word preached, we will yet be in our sins and walk in sin.

Much of the history of Israel is the history of them giving lip service to God while refusing to submit to Him and accept Him as their Lord.

This is among the reasons we are to pay attention to the fruit professing Christians bear.