• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heretic List

Dr James Ach

• Members

Other scriptures on Eternal Security of the believer, Donillo.  If you don't trust in this, and add works to it, you are not heaven bound b/c you haven't trusted Jesus Christ completely for your salvation.  Be careful of this slippery slope.  It is as simple as that.

John 5:24
John 10:27-28

Romans 8:33-39
Romans 11:6 
II Corinthians 2:21-22
Ephesians 1:13-14 & 4:30
Ephesians 2:8-9
I Peter 1:5
Revelation 3:7

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The woman at the well didn't go preaching, she went back and told her testimony.

I think most folks here understand that when preaching is being referred to that generally means speaking more akin of someone preaching from the pulpit. That's far different from sharing ones testimony or witnessing.

• Members

Bwahahaha - so, a thread is started to mark heretics who stir up strife and discord...and arguments ensue amongst those who are "right."   :nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:

There's an additional method to my madness other than just making this list  :ph34r:  :thumb:

• Members

A IFB preacher friend of mine who used to be a Holiness preacher told me how his former church has two women preachers and they preach at the same time! They are real screechers too. They scream over each other how someone is going to hell if they wear pantyhose  or watch TV and not once open the bible during the whole sermon. One time one of the former male deacons died and they all thought he was in hell because someone claimed he cheated on his wife. They were howling and wailing at his funeral like banshees. Later on when it was found out he never cheated then he was back in heaven and everything was alright. My friend said the whole thing was one big comical mess.

A Black customer of mine is pastor of a "Church of Christ Written in Heaven" and he likes to stop by and talk about the Lord sometimes. He said his denomination allows women preachers, and that he has told women that they have no business preaching according to the Word of God and will not allow it in his church.. He says that many Black churchgoers, pastors, deacons etc are Masons but that he speaks out against such and does not allow Masons to hold positions in his church. So that's another plus. He also says he believes in eternal security, and he has rebuked people for speaking in tongues in his church(but only after services were over). He believes it's OK (which I disagree with)..as long as there's an "interpreter" and if it isn't disruptive, He seems to really love the Lord but, other than his association with such a denomination the main thing that concerns me about him is that he doesn't stick with the King James Bible.

• Members

Clearly not everyone posting in this thread is a fundamentalist so what we see here is the obvious outcome which works to serve James' purpose.

Everyone on this thread should be IFB, John.  Dr. Ach posted this in the IFB Forum.  People who are not IFB should not have put IFB in their profile, to gain access to these forums.  Just sayin'...

• Members

The woman at the well didn't go preaching, she went back and told her testimony.

I think most folks here understand that when preaching is being referred to that generally means speaking more akin of someone preaching from the pulpit. That's far different from sharing ones testimony or witnessing.

Nope, it is not just a testimony it is a witness, she was telling them about Jesus, Be thankful that she went and preached and they came to Christ.  These men reacted to what they heard and went out and no longer just believed because of the woman but had a personal experience with the living Christ unto personal salvation.

If she did not go into the city and spoke to these, those men more than likely would have never have believed on him.  Don't try an belittle the work of the Holy Ghost through this woman by labeling it just a "testimony",  it was witnessing.  Because of this one woman's witness on that first day many more believed over the next two days.  Giving your testimony and witnessing for Jesus is proclaiming and can be a form of preaching.

John 4:28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
 29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.

39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

• Members

Everyone on this thread should be IFB, John.  Dr. Ach posted this in the IFB Forum.  People who are not IFB should not have put IFB in their profile, to gain access to these forums.  Just sayin'...

I didn't put it in my profile the site automatically puts us all in a group with an "*".  We cannot change that.  However I come from baptist training and theology under Dr Harold Wilmington, Elmer Towns, and Jerry Vines.

However, my experience is that because of very harsh wordings, and some ugly confrontations people carrying the Baptist tag and well as those who fell into immorality in and above adultery has me not wanting to carry any denomination name.  for no matter which one (denomination that is) it all hurts the Body of Christ and when one hurts we all hurt.  I just use the word Christian and teach it not a follower but as an anointed one, a son of God, through faith on the cross of Jesus Christ.

• Members

At the top of the forum section that this is in, it says "Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist".

We have had this discussion before.

This section is specifically "Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist".
There is the rest of the forum for everyone else but the "Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" actually requires permissions to enter and you have to request that permission from BroMat.

To request that permission whilst not actually being an Independent Fundamental Baptist is tantamount to lying.

IF you can not describe yourself honestly as an Independent Fundamental Baptist, then you should not request such access.
(Not specifically "you" but generically - to anyone reading this.)

Please note that there are some who don't attend Independent Fundamental Baptist churches for one reason or another but still would describe themselves as such.
Personally I have no problem with that general premise.

I actually would have more problem with someone who attends an IFB church but does not agree with them.....

• Members

How Does the Holy Spirit Lead the Christian (Bruce Lackey)

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/7/0/13707080/1976.01.01.x_how_does_the_holy_spirit_lead_-_bruce_lackey_-_310315287.mp3

Only by giving you understanding of the written Word. Not by any other extra revelation or voices my friend. Those voices are your conscience (or perhaps the Indian food you ate last night).

BTW: You have a strange audio bar on your posts lately, have you noticed it? And who is this lackey named Bruce? :)

• Members

Only by giving you understanding of the written Word. Not by any other extra revelation or voices my friend. Those voices are your conscience (or perhaps the Indian food you ate last night).

BTW: You have a strange audio bar on your posts lately, have you noticed it? And who is this lackey named Bruce? :)

Amen! That's what the sermon I posted talks about...it's been a while since I listened to it, but basically that lackey named Bruce is saying...

1. When the Spirit speaks to you (not audibly of course), he only speaks scripture.
  2. When the Spirit leads, he only leads according to scripture.

Bruce Lackey (now deceased) was a pastor, and he also taught at Tennessee Temple before they went all gobbledy-gook.

Archived