• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heretic List

Dr James Ach

• Members

Yes and yes, but not in the way those of the other persuasion think.
I believe that after a person has received Christ then falls into sin, becomes overtaken in a fault, there comes a point when he is hopelessly lost due to a seared conscience.
The way back is hard and I do sometimes wonder how much of living for Christ is shear willpower and effort and how much by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Look at Galatians 6:8

So Christ on the cross wasn't good enough for you folks?  How many times does he have to die for y'all?

So what about Galatians 6:8, it isn't talking about salvation or eternal security.  Now check out Hebrews 6:4-6, once saved, always saved and you cannot fall away if you are saved.

Works salvation, doubt, is one of the most deceptive tricks the devil has ever done.

I am a member of an IFB church, but that aside, you are right, so I won't post my beliefs here. Hope I can ask questions though.

Why be a member if you hold to different beliefs?  Are you not sure exactly what to believe in or does your local church also not believe in eternal security?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no problem with a woman prophesying.  The Bible shows women could.

If God gave my wife a message to deliver to someone, she'd better obey God.

When I pastored MorningStar, (8 years) there were women of the the Church who would come to me from time to time, revealing something God had laid upon their hearts to share with others.  I encouraged this.  If what they shared with me was in agreement with God's Word, I gave them the platform to speak.  Some, I had to gently rebuke, correct, and instruct rather than give them the platform.

Isn't "prophecy" the supernatural ability to disclose something that only God could know? Future or otherwise? Didn't that go out with the "sign gifts"?

Luk 22:64

And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that smote thee?

• Members

Isn't "prophecy" the supernatural ability to disclose something that only God could know? Future or otherwise? Didn't that go out with the "sign gifts"?

Luk 22:64

And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that smote thee?

prior to the Apostolic times, prophecy was fore-telling of future events. After the Apostolic age, it was a forth-telling of what had already taken place.

• Members

Hold the phone folks: The Lord hardly "speaks" to any of your wives or any of you.

If you are claiming conviction of the Spirit in your conscience from your memory of the Word then yes, I suppose one could loosely claim God is speaking to them but only through His Word. But, some literal voice, whisper, etc of other extra revelation in these "talks" from God is the over imagination of a weak mind and grasping for signs as opposed to true faith in that which is not seen.

God's message, WILL and Word are complete and unchanging to all flesh now. He will reveal nothing to any of you about anything apart from conviction of the Spirit over what He has revealed in writing.

Most IFBs claim charismatics are false but still think God "speaks" to them when in actuality, it is conscience speaking to you by conviction of the Spirit inside you. There is a definitive difference between the two. This is why I refer to many IFBs as closet charismatics. Albeit a milder form of charismatic but the same line of thinking

I call many closet calvinists for much the same reason. Many claim or believe from others that God gave them some extra help or dream or vision or sign when they were saved when in fact, they simply responded to the conviction of the Spirit after hearing the Gospel, no more and no less. To claim anything else is the same in my eyes as claiming unconditional election and irresistible Grace. Any unusual events, dreams, etc that occurred around that time of regeneration were just chance and had nothing to do with it. Those same "signs" have occurred other times in their lives but they thought nothing of them then.

• Members

i personally believe that was Paul's preference, not necessarily God's. Throughout the Bible, we see God using women to present truth.

All of Paul's writings are the words of God not Paul's opinions or preferences.  When you start saying the word of God is the preferences or opinion of the man whom God used to pen the letters or books, you will end up not obeying God's word, and to say the least, you will line up with every cult out there because their big claim is the Holy Bible is corrupted with the opinions an preferences of men.

Even in the Book of Corinthians he made this statement and it would apply to anything Paul wrote not just the letters to the church at Corinth

. . .  let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 1Cor 14:37  you have not acknowledged the things Paul wrote are the commandments of God when you say they are Paul's opinions.

When I read your statement that this part of the scriptures was Paul's preference I have decided to put you back on my ignore list.  As the thread title suggest we do with all heretics and false teachers "mark you" and "avoid you". 

• Members

The context of 1Tim 2:12 is not in the church but anywhere Christian women are not to teach or usurp authority over men.

One problem with many a persons attitude towards the books of Timothy and Titus is that because men have called them Pastoral Epistles that these books are only for those who want to be or are pastors.

The letters written to Individuals (1&2 Tiimothy, Titus, and Philemon) are for each person in the Body of Christ Individually.   There are a lot of extremely personal and individual application in these books for individuals that to limit them to men, pastors and leaders is to do a disservice to the word of God.

• Members

We also have written a short article on our website  "May Women Preach"

A IFB preacher friend of mine who used to be a Holiness preacher told me how his former church has two women preachers and they preach at the same time! They are real screechers too. They scream over each other how someone is going to hell if they wear pantyhose  or watch TV and not once open the bible during the whole sermon. One time one of the former male deacons died and they all thought he was in hell because someone claimed he cheated on his wife. They were howling and wailing at his funeral like banshees. Later on when it was found out he never cheated then he was back in heaven and everything was alright. My friend said the whole thing was one big comical mess.

• Members

The woman at the well pretty much preached to the men about Jesus, that those men went out to see for themselves but we never hear about her ever preaching in the synagogue or in a church.  so there is a right place for a woman to preach and a wrong place for her to do so.

• Members

The woman at the well pretty much preached to the men about Jesus, that those men went out to see for themselves but we never hear about her ever preaching in the synagogue or in a church.  so there is a right place for a woman to preach and a wrong place for her to do so.

Read Luke 2:27-39.

Anna the Prophetess declared Christ before the people... in the Temple.

• Members

We also have written a short article on our website  "May Women Preach"

Didn't go to the website. May Women Preach? Yes; IF we define the word preach as 'herald'. A more modern use of this word would be 'proclaim'. I believe that a women has the right to proclaim the Word of God to another woman; as in witnessing.

• Members

So Christ on the cross wasn't good enough for you folks? How many times does he have to die for y'all?

So what about Galatians 6:8, it isn't talking about salvation or eternal security. Now check out Hebrews 6:4-6, once saved, always saved and you cannot fall away if you are saved.

Works salvation, doubt, is one of the most deceptive tricks the devil has ever done.

Why be a member if you hold to different beliefs? Are you not sure exactly what to believe in or does your local church also not believe in eternal security?

Hebrews 6:4-6, once saved, always saved?? That's not how I understand this passage. It is quite the opposite. The IFB church I attend believes eternal security. Well, I promised not to post my heretical beliefs on the IFB section, so I'll not say more here.
As to why we go to this church it is a long story I can share elsewhere.

Archived