• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heretic List

Dr James Ach

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why not have a list to expose these type people when they are contrary to the word of God ' maybe some good would come from it .and we could at lest put them on our prayer list and pray for them.

• Members

yes and amen. Could a woman prophesy in an IFB church ?

All depends on how one would define 'prophesying'. Where does "women be silent in church", "teaching men", and all the other Top Priority subjects come in play?

• Members

All depends on how one would define 'prophesying'. Where does "women be silent in church", "teaching men", and all the other Top Priority subjects come in play?

Yes, "prophesying" is sort of one of those terms that has been redefined by some to only preaching the word. Yet the OT meaning was a foretelling or warning from the Lord, which I believe is the same today.
So can a woman prophesy. That would not be teaching but more like sharing something from the Lord.

• Members

i personally believe that was Paul's preference, not necessarily God's. Throughout the Bible, we see God using women to present truth.

Paul said, "I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority." If I, as a pastor, give a woman permission to speak, is she usurping authority? No! She has my permission. She has been granted that priviledge.

Now, if she were to come to me, asking what she could do to become a pastor, she would be rebuked, corrected and instructed from the Word of God.

• Members

Yes, "prophesying" is sort of one of those terms that has been redefined by some to only preaching the word. Yet the OT meaning was a foretelling or warning from the Lord, which I believe is the same today.
So can a woman prophesy. That would not be teaching but more like sharing something from the Lord.

I have to disagree Donillo.  "Prophesying" today is not fore-warning.  Rather, it is forth-telling of that which is already written.  The book has been closed.

• Members

Honestly chick tracts are so laughable I can't take him seriously. I won't defend the RCC but some of the stuff I've read from Chick is just beyond belief. Yes the RCC is in error but the devil incarnate?? Oh, and yes I do think the Jesuits are real.
Just FYI, I hold to Wesleyan beliefs.

So as a Weslyan, do you agree with them that a person can lose their salvation? That a person who is saved can will himself out of salvation by walking away from God and forfeiting their salvation? Do you disagree with "eternal security"?

• Members

So as a Weslyan, do you agree with them that a person can lose their salvation? That a person who is saved can will himself out of salvation by walking away from God and forfeiting their salvation? Do you disagree with "eternal security"?

Yes and yes, but not in the way those of the other persuasion think.
I believe that after a person has received Christ then falls into sin, becomes overtaken in a fault, there comes a point when he is hopelessly lost due to a seared conscience.
The way back is hard and I do sometimes wonder how much of living for Christ is shear willpower and effort and how much by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Look at Galatians 6:8

• Members

I have an issue with those who ate not IFB yet gain access to the IFB sections of this forum.
In my opinion that is deceitful.

I started a thread here some time ago but can't find it now - I explained what I meant then, but the gist is that this is an IFB area, clearly titled as such and yet we have people who clearly are not by their own profession: if you are not IFB then why are you in the specific IFB area?

You have to deceive BroMatt to do so......

• Members

i personally believe that was Paul's preference, not necessarily God's. Throughout the Bible, we see God using women to present truth.

Paul said, "I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority." If I, as a pastor, give a woman permission to speak, is she usurping authority? No! She has my permission. She has been granted that priviledge.

Now, if she were to come to me, asking what she could do to become a pastor, she would be rebuked, corrected and instructed from the Word of God.

If my wife and I was there; she very easily could usurp my authority as the husband; especially if she is telling folks what they should do or not do. Even if she said the "Lord gave it to her"; which I would highly doubt.

• Members

I have an issue with those who ate not IFB yet gain access to the IFB sections of this forum.
In my opinion that is deceitful.

I started a thread here some time ago but can't find it now - I explained what I meant then, but the gist is that this is an IFB area, clearly titled as such and yet we have people who clearly are not by their own profession: if you are not IFB then why are you in the specific IFB area?

You have to deceive BroMatt to do so......

I am a member of an IFB church, but that aside, you are right, so I won't post my beliefs here. Hope I can ask questions though.

• Members

So, what you are saying is, the Lord does not speak to your wife? Hmmmm

No. But He checks with me first OR He tells my wife to let me know what He just told her.  In the last sentence of my above post; SHE is referring to the one speaking, not my wife.

Archived