• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

People That Treat Their Pets As If They Were Humans

The Glory Land

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are they sinning against God, making their pets as Idols or thinking that they have a spirit for salvation to the after life?

petheaven.jpg

There is a difference between dichotomy and trichotomy- NO SOUL.  NO HEAVEN.

And YES dogs who attack  should be put down.  

• Members

That whale should have been put down the first time. But those trainers are foolish to go into the water with any of them.

Better still, take it back to Iceland, from where they captured it, and let it go. I'm not against zoos, but keeping whales seems hard to justify. They apparently respond particularly poorly to living in captivity, which perhaps is why, unlike most animals, their lifespans are shorter in captivity than in the wild.

• Members

Better still, take it back to Iceland, from where they captured it, and let it go. I'm not against zoos, but keeping whales seems hard to justify. They apparently respond particularly poorly to living in captivity, which perhaps is why, unlike most animals, their lifespans are shorter in captivity than in the wild.

Lifespans Shorter in captivity than in the Wild? Not sure about that, they do have health checked and medications.

• Members

Lifespans Shorter in captivity than in the Wild? Not sure about that, they do have health checked and medications.

That's what I read last time I looked into it, TGL, and I don't think the aquarium circus thingies even dispute it. In the wild, Killer Whales live 50-80 years. In captivity, the average is about 20.

And that's really my point, with most wild animals in captivity you can at least say they benefit from being looked after. Not so with Killer Whales, apparently.

• Members

That's what I read last time I looked into it, TGL, and I don't think the aquarium circus thingies even dispute it. In the wild, Killer Whales live 50-80 years. In captivity, the average is about 20.

And that's really my point, with most wild animals in captivity you can at least say they benefit from being looked after. Not so with Killer Whales, apparently.

I read and studied the same thing, years ago, Al.

• Moderators

Ah, animals. Like Heartstrings, I have a plethora on my farm: about 50 goats, three sheep, 20 chickens, 25 rabbits, (yes, I eat them), and of course, various dogs and cats-the dogs for protection and the cats for rodents. Our dogs are big and intimidating and meant to be so for the protection of house and herd. They are Gret Pyrenees/Anatolian Shepherd cross, so they are big and generally not people-oriented. Our would actually not hurt a person, but they are big and barky and do a great job keeping strange animals away, as we have lots of coyotes and foxes and feral dogs. We have found evidence of their killing and eating a fox.

So my dogs live outside and work for their keep, as do most of the cats. Of course, if my wife had her druthers, they'd ALL be inside, as she grew up with 8 pitbulls who lived inside and slept on her bed. I said, No, to even one.  As well, I kill and eat the chickens and goats and rabbits, milk goats, collect eggs and shear the sheep, so they all have their purposes-only very few could qualify as pets and even they have to give SOMETHING.

I don't believe there will be animals in Heaven. However, I do believe they will be present on the new earth, so there is that. Whther we will 'see our old pets', I doubt as I don't believe animals have eternal souls, much to my wife's dismay.

Archived