• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

People That Treat Their Pets As If They Were Humans

The Glory Land

• Members

Years ago, I shot and killed a doberman pinscher.... My brother's dog. The reason? It was a threat to our neighbor's livestock. I was keeping the dog for my brother at the time. The dog could not be kept in an eight foot kennel. She always managed to get out. When she did, she would chase our neighbor's cattle. I finally got tired of it and put her down.

No regrets.

She had previously bitten a child in the town that my brother lived in. He brought her to me, hoping he could persuade the law that she had run off.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a man shoot my dog break into my home steal what he wanted and burn my home down ' I know who he was but could I not prove it until years later so he never got caught. but I have forgiven him. 

• Members

Sadly, many people in the USA will save their dog in a burning house over a human being.  I saw an interview that talked about this over a month or so ago.  Visit Facebook for the numerous pictures of cats, and dogs.  It is ridiculous.  I laugh at the NSA monitoring Facebook, as they will find more kitty cat pictures and dog pictures than anything else.  Many people believe they are truly better companions than human beings.  "Dogs' are a mans best friend"... mentality.  

I met a Syrian American girl several months ago.  She came to the States when she was 12.  She is in her 30's now.  She couldn't believe that a whole isle in a grocery store was devoted to pets.  In her native country, dogs live outside and earn their keep.  I have also heard missionaries from other countries say the same thing.  Never have they seen pet stores like we have in the U.S.

I have two dogs, but they are just that, dogs.  I grew up with dogs, and they were a means of protection in my family.  My  husband, who never grew up with a family pet, treats them more like children.  

If one or both of my dogs becomes aggressive, to the point, of biting someone, I will have him put down.

And, to the OP's question.  No, I don't believe that Fluffy will be in heaven.  

• Members

One of my neighbors had a big male chow which kept coming onto our property. One afternoon it attacked and mauled our female beagle but I happened to be outside installing vinyl siding and ran it off. She had chunks ripped our of her rear and thighs and probably would have been killed if I hadn't stopped it. A preacher, in our church, also lived next door to this same neighbor and said that the owner of the dog would "sic" him on them as they walked down their driveway.  We had warned the neighbors about the dog and they would not keep him off our property. We had called the sheriff's department and they would do nothing but say "work it out with your neighbor". The last straw was the day it threatened my 8 year-old son on our own front porch. The next time it came and I was home working up on my roof, I climbed down off the roof, went in the house, took my high powered rifle and "put it down".

The same neighbor then trespassed on my property and took a swing at me, threatened me, proving his hostile nature. He then turned around and bought another male chow, same color and everything only shortly thereafter his wife gave birth to twin boys and very soon after that....he got rid of that chow himself. 

• Members

I grew up with dogs, and they were a means of protection in my family.  My  husband, who never grew up with a family pet, treats them more like children.  If one or both of my dogs becomes aggressive, to the point, of biting someone, I will have him put down.

Wow, that's a pretty hard line to take with your husband. If it was me I'd just put the dogs down.

• Members

One of my neighbors had a big male chow which kept coming onto our property. One afternoon it attacked and mauled our female beagle but I happened to be outside installing vinyl siding and ran it off. She had chunks ripped our of her rear and thighs and probably would have been killed if I hadn't stopped it. A preacher, in our church, also lived next door to this same neighbor and said that the owner of the dog would "sic" him on them as they walked down their driveway.  We had warned the neighbors about the dog and they would not keep him off our property. We had called the sheriff's department and they would do nothing but say "work it out with your neighbor". The last straw was the day it threatened my 8 year-old son on our own front porch. The next time it came and I was home working up on my roof, I climbed down off the roof, went in the house, took my high powered rifle and "put it down".

The same neighbor then trespassed on my property and took a swing at me, threatened me, proving his hostile nature. He then turned around and bought another male chow, same color and everything only shortly thereafter his wife gave birth to twin boys and very soon after that....he got rid of that chow himself. 

Chows are mean dogs. I know from personal experience being bitten by one.

• Members

I had a man shoot my dog break into my home steal what he wanted and burn my home down ' I know who he was but could I not prove it until years later so he never got caught. but I have forgiven him. 

Supposedly, a dog is more of a deterrent to home invasion than a gun is. 

This guy really sounded like a psychopath. I'm glad you weren't hurt.

• Members

Wow, that's a pretty hard line to take with your husband. If it was me I'd just put the dogs down.

Is this Al humor about putting my husband down?  If so...  :nuts:  Nope.  He hasn't bitten me yet.

• Members

Chows CAN be lovely dogs, but like pit bulls they are fighting dogs. (And all that entails....)
Part of the reason for all that fur is defensive - not many dogs can get a grip on a chow's neck through that fur.

• Members

The dog which killed this little boy.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545414/Dog-mauled-death-1-year-old-boy-life-spared-Nevada-judge-finds-new-home-nearly-two-years-fatal-attack.html

These people kept it from being put down........

http://thelexusproject.org/tlpdog/onion

2 Timothy 3: 1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection,

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

• Members

Disgusting... I just learned about this one....here's a recent example of a dog that attacked Kevin, a little four year old child, and people are rallying behind the dog.... they could care less that the dog broke the bones in Kevin's face! Kevin is fortunate to have survived, but is looking at a long road of recovery. 

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Controversial-Comments-by-Animal-Care-Worker-248945911.html

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Court-hearing-set-to-decide-fate-of-dog-that-bit-boys-face-247659601.html

II Timothy 3:1-3 and Romans 1:25 are perfect verses that describe this day and age of dog idolatry/worship. 

Archived