• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Have you ever considered reading the KJV, and if so please use its scriptures here because I do not study the Geneva bible and in order for us to have fellowship we should be of the same mind and of the same word of God so you would be wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise

I grounded and rooted in the KJV

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read a lot of the Geneva bible after throwing off the NIV and really enjoyed it.  Then I learned about the KJV, compared the two and it was obvious which was God's preserved Word in the English and which wasn't.

Hey Genevanpreacher, have you shared your testimony with us?  What did you do to get into heaven?

• Members

BUSTED

"Genevan 'Preacher"

You are going to be exposed here in a few short paragraphs, and as usual, at least 95% of the time, when I have a hunch about someone, I'm right. So when I said you were a HERETIC, I MEANT THAT. And it's not a "lack of love" to say so when a wolf is purposely trying to cause division among other believers and cause doubt and dissension. 

1) Did you come here with an agenda? Of course you did. You stated so just a few comments ago that you want to "open the eyes" of us stupid Baptists. And I don't care whether or not you actually said the words 'stupid' or not, it is clearly implied by your condescending attitude towards those who hold to a KJVO view which neither you nor your buddy Rick Norris whom you buddied up to on the Final Authority forum with Will Kinney and Steven Avery will ever be able to question in front of those who have a thorough knowledge of textual history and criticism.

2) You are not only NOT KJVO, and have came here to criticize the KJV, but, YOU ARE NOT GENEVAN ONLY EITHER.

On your Amazon profile account, , you state the following:

"of course use a 1560 Geneva bible in my Sunday sermons, but find through the week I enjoy reading my 1971 Red Leather Hardback edition of the New English Bible (NEB) whole bible, which includes the Apocrypha. This edition I use is of the highest quality, as for the paperback editions I find them at most annoying. I recommend if someone is really interested in this version, purchase a leather single column edition, preferably the 1971 or earlier, because they changed the text after that year.

Now just to make sure this was the same person, I followed your comment on the question section for visitors on this site, where you asked others to check out your YouTube channel, the one with the fuzzy little talking white cat, which you stated >here.  ("Look at any of my videos on u-tube, under my name here, 'genevanpreacher', the videos with a kitty cat.") So go to your YouTube page I did, which is here.

Not only is the testimony the same as on the Amazon site, but also the exact same logo is used for both the YouTube and Amazon page, and the same e-mail address is used for both profiles (genevanbeliever@aol.com).

Thus not only did you come here to cause problems with KJVO believers, but you are not even consistent with the version that you claim to use, and promote VATICAN VERSIONS on your Amazon page.

Now when I wrote my article about handling disagreements with civility, that is when there is an ACTUAL DISAGREEMENT among brothers in Christ. This is not merely a disagreement, but an attempt by you to ATTACK other believers, and that does not fall into the same category of being cordial to those I disagree with.

You have deliberately came to this forum knowing the kind of believers that are in here for the sole purpose of sowing tares among the believers here.

• Members

This is one. And I responded:

Sorry, I just learned this afternoon about the 'quote' button.

I try to respond to each, but I am aged in thought and just don't.

Well in this post where you quoted me and suggested that you were answering my post, it is hardly surprising that I missed it - you post supposedly answering my post has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

• Members

A false teaching propagates a false belief i.e. baptismal salvation, Partial regeneration.  this one is based on a pretextual Idea usually.

A heresy propagates a false practice. i.e. lighting candles to represent your prayers, necessity to speak in tongues to prove salvation.  this one is based on an interpretation for practice

GP is a false teacher not a heretic.

One is based on a false idea the other on a false interpretation.

• Members

the reason I brought it up is that I have seen already in quite a few threads the word heretic thrown out there when it should have been labeled false teacher.

AG for Example is rife with heretical practices  While Baptist Briders are rife with false teaching.

General rule of thumb "Things that are different are not the same."

• Members

A false teaching propagates a false belief i.e. baptismal salvation, Partial regeneration.  this one is based on a pretextual Idea usually.

A heresy propagates a false practice. i.e. lighting candles to represent your prayers, necessity to speak in tongues to prove salvation.  this one is based on an interpretation for practice

Peter actually equates both equally:

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction". 2 Peter 2:1

And Paul uses it in Titus 3:10 "He that is an heretick". Now I'm using the Greek term here because the 1828 Websters does not have an entry for the specific spelling used in the KJV, but I'll list both:

*Heretick- αἱρετικός: schismatic, factious, follower of false doctrine. Being schismatic and factious is a quarrelsome person that causes divisions.

Websters 1828, "Heretic": 

1. A person under any religion, but particularly the christian, who holds and teaches opinions repugnant to the established faith, or that which is made the standard of orthodoxy. In strictness, among Christians, a person who holds and avows religious opinions contrary to the doctrines of Scripture, the only rule of faith and practice.

2. Any one who maintains erroneous opinions.       Thus Scripture uses the terms concurrently among those who not only teach outright false doctrine regarding soteriology, but also recognized doctrines within the body, and who do so to cause schisms in the church.          

• Members

Well...what can I say?

Yes, a while back I did enjoy reading a New English Bible, of which, as I look back, I do regret commenting on Amazon about that.

That was a personal thing I did, and I never thought that someone I was talking to on a 'forum' would encapsulate and use that fact to tear down my credibility.

I apologize. The ONLY reason I read it, at that time, was because of the words it used when referring to 'homosexuals', and other modern societal problems, and I thought the common person I meet on the street could understand it better in using those verses to show what the real Bible says. I have been a student of Gods word for a long time and I feel I know when a verse is 'meaning' different, I have read the KJV, the whole bible, through over 20 times, and I am not a novice. Or so I think anyway. And have preached multitudes of times against the 'perversions since the 1881 RV'.

As for Rick Norris, I do remember his name, and I do remember liking some of what he said regarding some things against the KJV, but I don't remember backing him in ANYTHING. I do not know him at all, except through the internet things I read with him being the author. As for the other guys? I will have to look up the site you referenced and figure it out.

Evidently my life is not as 'private' online as I thought.

However, I am not about a 'conspiracy'.

It would be nice if you (J. Ach) would consider in your heart this: I am a born again child of God, I believed in the Lord Jesus Christ at the ripe old age of 23, in an independent KJV only Baptist church here in Indiana. I met my wife in my first year of being a Christian, and God has blessed me with 5 children in the 25 years we have been married. God has been very gracious. In those years of being a child of God, I had a lot of growing up to do. And the Lord had a job to do to get me to surrender everything to him. Yes I gave my heart and life to Jesus Christ and I was very 'unclean'. You know the kinds of sin that can overtake a young man I am sure. Life was easy before I met the Lord, and life became easier after I met the Lord. Then I did what I wanted. Now I still do what I want, God just changed my 'want'.  

I was called to preach in 1990, of which I have taken every advantage to do so since. I love the Lord, and I seek him daily, to know his will in my life. This is not a joke to me to come to the 'brethren' with something that has taken me 26 years to come to the full. I really do believe that the 1560 Geneva Bible is the English Bible we as Baptists should use in all our needs and studies, and life decisions. I am serious.

You may disagree with me, as you vehemently have, and it makes no difference to me. I follow my own convictions not yours, as I expect you do the same. I sincerely apologize to you for offending you and the 'brothers' here on this forum.

I am not so 'fleet of foot' as you are, and I am sure you are a wonderful witness to the power of God in a mans life. Yet, you have bruised me and made a part of me regret stopping and checking out this forum. I came looking for encouragement, and hoping to be one also, yet every time I opened my mouth, to stick my foot in, I have been attacked without any, but a few, to some what understand, that maybe I don't understand it all, but maybe I might have something to add to the forum.

For all here who are reading this... I do not have an agenda. That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, and I know there are those out there that might have something to add to my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I guess I will leave my 'thinking' out of this realm and keep it to myself while here. Thank you to those with a listening heart, and thank you Mr. Ach for...whatever.

• Members

The proof is in the puddin'. The KJV has proven itself. The fact that the bible correctors are always trying to replace it with a new version tells me it's the right one.

As far as Rick Norris I once tried to get him to give me his testimony of salvation and not only did he refuse but he got offended that I asked.

• Members

Geneva 'Preacher'

You are so full of it I'm not sure where to begin:

First of all, you act like it was a LONG time ago that you made this comment on Amazon. The comment was made by you on May 18, 2013. That's not even a year ago.

Secondly, you claim to be a preacher, so I'm assuming that you've studied the version issues for a little bit longer than ten months. You apparently studied enough about the Geneva to recommend it to others, so I find it very hard to believe that you made that statement being totally ignorant of the  implications in recommending other Bible versions.

Thirdly, your explanation of WHY you used and recommended the NEB is HOGWASH. You mean to tell me the main reason you used a different translation is because of how it referred to homosexuality? Give me a break. That's not what you said in your recommendation of the translation, and considering how the Geneva and the KJV are STRONGER on homosexuality than a modern version, that explanation is a farce. 

Fourthly, your sob story doesn't earn any points. That's what Jesuits do. They master the lingo of what they know others around them have in common and offer weepy testimonies for sympathy to get the "aweeeeeeeeeee" votes from gullable and unlearned church members. But there's always something "OFF" about them.

Your comment that, " I came looking for encouragement," is SOOOO not true. I posted the link of what you came "looking for". Your inquiry in the visitor question section involved the Geneva and then once you joined the forum, one of your very first posts is attacking the KJV. That's not a mere coincidence, and nobody here that is versed on these issue is falling for it.

And the sentiment you offer that, "For all here who are reading this... I do not have an agenda. That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me," sounds exactly like what James White and Fred Butler have publicly accused me of on national broadcasts as well as their blogs. That, and you IMMEDIATELY began attacking my doctorate referred to me as "Mr Ach" which I could care less about, but the fact it was done so suddenly is a very good indication that you have been following folks that I have been debating with and are familiar with the pejoratives they use against me, and already knew who I was before you joined this forum.

But to claim you don't have an agenda? You stated your agenda clearly on comment #37

"You will just get 'ticked-off' at someone honestly trying to open 'some' Baptists, not just yours, eyes to how we can 'defend the truth' using a faithful God honoring English translation. One that does have the right wording in it, to show others that are not Baptist, that we do believe and follow the Lord right."

In other words, those who believe the KJV have our eyes closed, are just stupid and narrow minded and need to have our eyes opened so that we can "follow the Lord RIGHT" implying that if we are KJV we are following the Lord WRONG, and you are here to set us straight.

Sorry, I've dealt with far too many pious acting Jesuits who talk a good game trying to get inside the heads of believers and the subvert their faith. I know a wolf in sheep's clothing when I see one.

• Members

And for those who think referring to "Jesuits" is "conspiracy theory", let me give you the pertinent part of the Jesuit Oath to see just how the mind of Jesuit works. And also keep in mind that the current Pope IS A JESUIT:

My son, heretofore you have been taught to act the dissembler: among Roman Catholics to be a Roman Catholic, and to be a spy even among your own brethren; to believe no man, to trust no man. Among the Reformers, to be a Reformer; among the Huguenots, to be a Huguenot; among the Calvinists, to be a Calvinist; among other Protestants, generally to be a Protestant; and obtaining their confidence, to seek even to preach from their pulpits, and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and even to descend so low as to become a Jew among Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for the benefit of your Order as a faithful soldier of the Pope. You have been taught to plant insidiously the seeds of jealousy and hatred between communities, provinces, states that were at peace, and to incite them to deeds of blood, involving them in war with each other, and to create revolutions and civil wars in countries that were independent and prosperous, cultivating the arts and the sciences and enjoying the blessings of peace; to take sides with the combatants and to act secretly with your brother Jesuit, who might be engaged on the other side, but openly opposed to that with which you might be connected, only that the Church might be the gainer in the end, in the conditions fixed in the treaties for peace and that the end justifies the means. You have been taught your duty as a spy, to gather all statistics, facts and information in your power from every source; to ingratiate yourself into the confidence of the family circle of Protestants and heretics of every class and character, as well as that of the merchant, the banker, the lawyer, among the schools and universities, in parliaments and legislatures, and the judiciaries and councils of state, and to be all things to all men, for the Pope's sake, whose servants we are unto death. You have received all your instructions heretofore as a novice, a neophyte, and have served as co-adjurer, confessor and priest, but you have not yet been invested with all that is necessary to command in the Army of Loyola in the service of the Pope. You must serve the proper time as the instrument and executioner as directed by your superiors; for none can command here who has not consecrated his labours with the blood of the heretic; for "without the shedding of blood no man can be saved". Therefore, to fit yourself for your work and make your own salvation sure, you will, in addition to your former oath of obedience to your order and allegiance to the Pope, repeat after me:

• Members

You are splitting hairs here. You can't have one without the other. 

Archived