• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This guy knows full well what that means, and is fully aware that every idiotic thing he's mentioned has been addressed elsewhere. He's simply here to stir up trouble, which is why I'm not even going to bother responding to the rest of his drivel.

• Members

Wow. You make me sad.

I shall fade away in your memory of course, Mr. Ach, yet you still do not answer my last issue, and you won't. You will just get 'ticked-off' at someone honestly trying to open 'some' Baptists, not just yours, eyes to how we can 'defend the truth' using a faithful God honoring English translation. One that does have the right wording in it, to show others that are not Baptist, that we do believe and follow the Lord right.

I am not making any profit from this. I do not have an 'agenda' in trying to destroy anyone's faith.

Yet I am being put down by you as a 'heretic'.

Thank you for your brotherly love.

You might need to reread the beginning of your article - "Handling Disagreements With Civility and Love". Does this sound familiar? - "I would like to think that I can treat people the way I would treat my wife or children. I have a few disagreements with my wife from time to time, but I would NEVER call her “stupid” or “a dummy” (especially since I’m usually the one that’s wrong!) or even raise my voice to her. My children also have never heard me raise my voice to them in anger-ever. Should we treat our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ any different?"

But then again, maybe you don't consider me one.

• Members

I must say that the manner of your answers does not indicate a wish to discuss but rather to ignore anything contrary and promote your thought with no regard to any argument whether reasonable or not.

• Members

1 Peter 3:15 is referring to us being ready to tell others the Gospel.

You need to read further down the page my friend. "..your good conversation in Christ." in verse 16. Makes no mention of the gospel of salvation, but your testimony of what you believe, in the presence of others.

• Members

I must say that the manner of your answers does not indicate a wish to discuss but rather to ignore anything contrary and promote your thought with no regard to any argument whether reasonable or not.

Huh? So Mr. Ach is? 

Wow. The same could be said for him, could it not?

• Members

His quote: "There are literally hundreds of verse differences, with doctrinal differences, between the 1611 KJV and 1560 Geneva."

I am sorry, I hold to the doctrine of an inerrant word of God divinely and miraculously preserved.  What source texts are used for the Geneva bible?  Are they the same exact source texts used for the KJV translation?  No.  With that in mind, I reject your statement that "he is quoting an older version of scripture" that disagrees with the other.  I believe what he is quoting is NOT scripture at all.

Wow. (I know I say this alot, but I have never been on a forum for Baptists before, and I am SO surprised at the defensiveness of people that are the 'called of God'.) 

Are you not aware of the 'Greek text' of Theodore Beza, that the KJV guys used in apart, for the KJV N.T.? He took over for Calvin in Geneva, and was a like minded fellow with him.

Yeah, the foundation of 'which' texts they used may be different sources, but from the same family of manuscripts. As for the O.T. You do realize when the KJV says a verse and it matches the Geneva, the Geneva said it first - which is 'scripture'?

If I understand what you are saying, you do not believe mankind had God's word in any form of English, even though different forms of English have been around since almost the Apostles time? They may or may not be 'termed' English, but are the foundational languages for the English we speak. That so?

I repeat myself, wow.

You have 'interesting' beliefs.

• Members

You came in here not only slandering the KJV, but "IFB's" specifically.

1) It's obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about

2) When you can construct arguments in some kind of logical order with some semblance of halfway decent grammatical structure, then you can come back with attempts to convert us stupid Baptists. 

Now when someone comes here with a difference of opinion and seeks an honest and cordial dialogue, I have no problem with that kind of genuine debate. But when some TROLL comes here for the sole purpose of peddling pejorative James White-Rick Norris type hack-job antics, and then parades his pompousness to other Baptists as if they are morons for defending the KJV,  I lose my patience and my sympathy.

1) Is it obvious? I was thinking the same thing about you. What gave me away? By the way, it is said by others that 80% of the KJV matches the Geneva. Just saying.

2) Where is it said that I called you all 'stupid'. Not once did my lips leave my mouth! Can you explain what this actually means, I mean in lay mans terms, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. And I am sorry for my inferior way of trying to discuss things with people that I thought would be 'like minded' when it comes to truth, I guess I was wrong.

My apologies for being too gruff or argumentative, I do not mean to be that way, but you know how it goes sometimes, we just get all worked up.

• Members

I didn't say anything about Dr James either way.

You should be concerned with your own attitudes and let him worry about his own.

For the record I think Dr James often comes across as harsh and I have told him so both publicly and also by PM.
And he has usually discussed my advice civilly.

But his information is usually well researched.

You however seem to not want to discuss, but instead you present straw man arguments that for me are just not true.
It is easy to present something that is wrong and then prove it to be wrong.

Not one thing you have said about the KJV has been relevant to why I use it.

But the only comment of mine that you respond to is a post about your attitude.

I am afraid that tells me more about you than the words you have written.

• Members

Some of us have actually looked into the issues and come to a different conclusion to you.

This site is set out as a KJV site - arguing for a different version will gain you few friends and even less traction - even from those who have actually looked into it - let alone those who haven't....

This is one. And I responded:

So... I guess nobody wants to know that the things we believe as Baptists have actual 'words' to prove what we teach as doctrine?

I know, I know, the KJV says so already.

Did you read the above question that started this discussion? 

Just askin'.

If the text is available, and is precisely teaching the doctrines of Baptists, I do not understand why someone would choose otherwise than the 1560 Geneva Bible, UNLESS it is the fear of 'brothers' not understanding why you would do so.

Which is the love of man not the love of God and his word.

Sorry, I just learned this afternoon about the 'quote' button.

I try to respond to each, but I am aged in thought and just don't.

Archived