• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

To Whom The Parts Speak To And About.

Daniel Rush

• Members

Brothers and Sisters,

The word of the LORD II Timothy 3:16-17…”All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”

The main passage of scripture for this posting comes from Paul’s letter to the church in Rome, no not the wicked Vatican lie but the true Christian church of Rome. The passage is Romans chapter 12.

Now GOD gives man his word by his breath. By his breath in speaking to man by the person of his spirit and through the spoken word of his son Jesus Christ. GOD also breaths into Godly men his word which they then speak it forth.

So many lost people in this world and yet so many more professing Christians have such a confused and wrong interpretation of the scriptures and just who the audiences are to whom the scriptures speak of and too. People seem to forget that the Bible was written for two separate kinds of people. The kind who have found the true God and live in his church and those who have not, who do not do that which God has said they must do and who rail and hate him at every turn.

The Bible is GOD speaking to the saved on how to stay protected and remain within HIS grace. The Bible is GOD’s judgement upon the unsaved and his dire warning that if they continue in their wretched condition? They will go to hell and they have no excuse to say they were not warned.

And yet so many Christians can’t figure these truths out so it’s no wonder so many of them are falling for satan’s devices in the world. Whole churches are heading and being led to perdition and so many Christians into blasphemy and vile apostasy because they treat the Bible as some blanket document that’s equal to all in the eyes of all.

Going to Romans 12, it should not be difficult to know which parts clearly instruct the Christian believer NOT to partake, NOT to become and NOT to mingle themselves or GODs word with the world system!

“{12:2} And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Be NOT conformed TO THIS WORLD. The believer does not conform nor does GOD’s word conform.

“{12:9} [Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.”

What is “dissimulation”? It is to love without deception, without crafty avoidance of the truth with clever words and alternative purposes. We are to deliver the truth of GOD without error. We are to abhor evils and not partake of them. We are to “war” against this world and the things of this world and those who push the lust and evil of this world.

“{12:14} Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.”

We are to pray for the lost; not hate them or wish them calamity. But that doesn’t mean we make them feel better in their sins.

“{12:17} Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. {12:18} If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.”

There is the word of honesty once again. We provide the truth of GOD in all honesty without error. Even GOD through Paul identifies that in a world that hates him and hates our LORD Jesus Christ, the expectation of “coexistence” and perfect peace is but a fools thinking. We are to live peacefully as much as possible and yet be always alert for the plots of satan.

“{12:20} Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. {12:21} Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with

good.”

Does this mean just to give our enemy material nourishments? No. What is the food of GOD but his word? Does not man live not by bread alone but from every word which comes from GOD? And what is water but the living waters Christ spoke of at the well of Jacob? Are we not charged to seek the lost lambs? To be a light to the lamp of the eyes which is to the soul of men?

It is important that Christians study the scriptures both in the structure of words and to whom that structure is spoken to and about. We must put an end to the “Bible for anybody” mentality being preached in Christianity today and ensure that the word of GOD is being put forward and presented in the proper portions to the right people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

ll Tim 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and profitable for doctrine ,for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

v17  That the man of God be perfect , thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

''inspiration of God'' (the Greek word thoepneustos) , meaning ''God breathed''describes the unique character of scripture, it is not only written by      man but authored by God.

'' for doctrine " means here to tell one what to believe.

" for reproof " means to tell one what is wrong

" for correction" means to tell one how to correct wrong

" for instruction in righteousness " means to tell one how to live

'' Perfect " ( Gr. artios, "proficient , capable") is having everything needed to to do what God wants

" Thoroughly furnished " means "thoroughly equipped" Gods inspired Word , Properly used and applied,  

Thoroughly furnished we know means to be thoroughly equipped with God's inspired Word , but it must be properly used and applied.

lets take a look at Romans 12 and see how God's Word can be properly used, and the how it should be applied

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore brethren,by the mercies of God that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy , acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect , will of God.

We learn from this passage of scripture that "By the Mercies of God'' summarizes all that God has accomplished for the believer in verses 1-11, in justifying the believer in chapters 1-5 enabling the believer to live a righteous life in chapters 6-8, I don't have the time to cover everything here so I'll move on to verse 2," Be ye not conformed"( stop conforming yourselves) we are to resist being poured into the mold of the present thinking, value systems ,and conduct of this world. lets take a look at 1 Peter 1:14 were we find this again ",As obedient children not fashioning (conforming) yourselves according to the former lust in your ignorance." I 'll go now to 1 Peter 4:2 " That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lust of men, but to the will of God" now lets go back to Rom 12 :2  to  "God's will " this refers to His purpose for the life of the believer , it implies His guidance or direction in all of life's decisions, here we can now apply Dedication to God's will , dedication is an act of surrender or submission to His will for our lives whereby we become a" living sacrifice" having daily dependence on God results in our transformation into the image of Jesus Christ. when we seek to discern the will of God we must also be committed to doing the will of God as it is revealed in the Word of God .we should evaluate very decision on the basis of biblical principles.

Moving on to verse 9  Let not love be without dissimulation, abhor that which is evil , cleave to that which is good.

Without dissimulation ( without hypocrisy) the christian conduct in the church toward his fellow believers is to be a volitional caring for others . loving faithfully in spite of the response received. this love is to be genuine and unfeigned.

I was raised in a christian family in church I learned about Jesus and rejecting God's conviction rebelling against God for over 20 years, I was lost living in sin and hell bound, when one day an older fellow came to me with a smile on his face,an we begin to talk,and he asked if I would mind him giving me a gift , he reached out his hand and handed me a bible, he smiled and told me the free gift was inside but it was up to me if I wanted it. then he turned and walked away.when I grasp hold of that bible it was the first time in 20 years I'd had a bible in my hand I took this little New Testament home and begin to read it.about a week later it was Easter Sunday and my Dad invited me to church but I made up an accuse not to go I set down to watch tv and the greatest story ever was on an as watched it I got the bible and begin to read Matthew 27 my heart was broken and I knew how lost I was,  I got down my knees and cried out to Jesus asking him for his free gift and trusting him as my Lord and savior.

I wanted to give you my testimony to show that God's Word is for All people both lost and saved and I hope this helps you to have a better understanding using God's Word.

I've never seen this older fellow again but I know today he's waiting on me in heaven and when I get their I'm gonna thank him for caring enough to share God's word with me.

I hope that we can fellowship more and continue this later, God bless my friend              

• Members

All scripture is for we Christians including everything in the the OT. There's even something in the genealogies of Chronicles if you can find it. This doesn't mean that everything in the bible is NT church age DOCTRINE. You can always find some kind of spiritual application or principle, something revealing about God's nature, some prophecy, type or prefigurement of the person and work of Jesus Christ but if you try to force and twist everything into church doctrine you will end up will all kinds of contradictions and heresies.

• Members

The word of the LORD II Timothy 3:16-17”All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

"That the man of God may be perfect". Who is this 'man of God'? Listening to many IFB preachers in my neck of the woods; this term (man of God) is used to identify a preacher.

If that is so; then this passage must be directed toward preachers :puzzled3: .

Archived