• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Am I? A Lowly Sinner

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

Sigh. 

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." 1 Cor. 10:12

This is aimed at.... everyone. Including myself.

Why do we always have to rehash past wrongs? Especially considering that most of us have been on both sides of the fault.

Rather... "let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works..." Heb. 10:24

Exactly.  That is the Christian thing to do.

• Members

AV,

I do appreciate your testimony but I have to disagree with this from your opening post:

"You just tell yourself this, you have not gone as I have, and sacrifice and jeopardized your very life to reach those who have no hope with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ." 

Not everyone is called to the same calling and just as others may not have experienced the same sacrifice and jeopardy you have that doesn't mean they haven't faced other similar things or trials of a different nature.

For myself, I've never been a missionary, never took the Gospel to a foreign country. However, I have shared the Gospel in a maximum security prison and I've taken the Gospel to the streets of the inner city where mine was the only white face around and most of the younger ones in the area were gang members.

There have been so many times over the years I've seen the Lord work so clearly in our lives with regards to provision, protection, health and other matters.

I didn't go to university until well into my 20s and graduated shortly after turning 30. While working my way through school I was blessed to help lead some to Christ over the years (I never kept count) and the vast majority were Catholics.

It was in an Assembly of God church I was saved in 1981. Later, through a wonderful Christian friend the Lord sent to me, I was introduced to a fine Baptist pastor, who baptised me, and I was in that church for years, until moving. The Baptist church plant here didn't take, they closed the doors and after much searching, investigating and visiting I found the only biblically sound church was a non-denominational church (not a modern one, but one that was formed as such in the 1800s) that's actually fairly close to our home.

Generally, I call myself a follower of Christ, but I also still call myself Baptist and I'm willing to take the time to explain what that means and to distinquish what I mean by Baptist from the wayward Baptists others might know of. In fact, sometimes bringing up the Baptist name has opened doors of conversation that otherwise would probably not have been opened.

All this to say, the Lord doesn't lead us all in the same way and give us all the same calling, but all who are in Christ and stood for or served Him in any public way have faced trials, have known the hand of the Lord in their lives, and are our brothers/sisters in Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived