• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Am I? A Lowly Sinner

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

Who am I? a lowly sinner that Jesus Saved and by a course of events in my life he led me to a NON DENOMINATIONAL but Biblically sound church.  Where I heard the Gospel of the Cross of Jesus Christ, of the saviour that died for my sins and bore it in his own self and on his cross that I could live unto righteousness.

He called me and sent me to a Well Known and very Large Baptist Bible College free of any cost to me.  He prepared me and sent me out.  And out I went on a $20 promise never knowing if that person who promised it ever even gave it.

I served him as a single in that field and he had chose out a bride for me I was married and still am 16 years later.  I have three wonderful children all of them born in the Mission field not knowing how I would care for them and without any stable support of any kind.  He never once let us go hungry and we always had our bills payed and clothes on our backs.

I followed him and planted a church and preached the gospel seeing over 1000 people get save and personally leading almost 800 to Him.  I sat in an isolation ward with TB patients on their dying bed, Telling them about Christ and then leading them in prayer of faith upon His cross, jealous that they would proceed me into heaven.  But it was better for me to stay.

I went into maximum detention of one of the largest prison farms in the land I was sent to serve.  With hardened murderers, drug addicts and child rapists, I preached and saw them fall and cry as they professed their faith on Christ alone and watched their dismal and darkened lives brighten with the glory of God almighty as they sought him by faith. 

I have preached on crowded street corners only to be mocked and belittle, and to devil possessed, only to have them slap me across the face, only to feel it as if the Lord had caressed my cheek with his warm touch.

I have given over 3000 KJ Bibles away (and I could have given away 100,000 if I had them), over 50,000 tracks and thousands of Christian commentaries and books to pastors and lay people a like with no thought or expectation for myself.  Only to have Muslim Imams throw the things I freely gave out at my feet threatening my life if I every give them these things again.

I spent 17 years in that field all by faith.  watching and suffering from so called brethren who through jealousy or selfish desires spread lies and vicious rumors.  And going to them face to face to see why they did such a thing only to see a hardened soul who without repentance and without remorse shut their mouths as they were caught with their own words.

So the next time you want to label me, call me names, say I am serpent like or claim I am unsaved.  You just tell yourself this, you have not gone as I have, and sacrifice and jeopardized your very life to reach those who have no hope with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Who am I?  I am a lowly sinner saved by grace, a servant of the Living Christ.

• Members

Who am I? a lowly sinner that Jesus Saved and by a course of events in my life he led me to a NON DENOMINATIONAL but Biblically sound church. Where I heard the Gospel of the Cross of Jesus Christ, of the saviour that died for my sins and bore it in his own self and on his cross that I could live unto righteousness.

He called me and sent me to a Well Known and very Large Baptist Bible College free of any cost to me. He prepared me and sent me out. And out I went on a $20 promise never knowing if that person who promised it ever even gave it.

I served him as a single in that field and he had chose out a bride for me I was married and still am 16 years later. I have three wonderful children all of them born in the Mission field not knowing how I would care for them and without any stable support of any kind. He never once let us go hungry and we always had our bills payed and clothes on our backs.

I followed him and planted a church and preached the gospel seeing over 1000 people get save and personally leading almost 800 to Him. I sat in an isolation ward with TB patients on their dying bed, Telling them about Christ and then leading them in prayer of faith upon His cross, jealous that they would proceed me into heaven. But it was better for me to stay.

I went into maximum detention of one of the largest prison farms in the land I was sent to serve. With hardened murderers, drug addicts and child rapists, I preached and saw them fall and cry as they professed their faith on Christ alone and watched their dismal and darkened lives brighten with the glory of God almighty as they sought him by faith.

I have preached on crowded street corners only to be mocked and belittle, and to devil possessed only to have them slap me across the face, only to feel it as if the Lord had caressed my cheek with his warm touch.

I have given over 3000 KJ Bibles away (and I could have given away 100,000 if I had them), over 50,000 tracks and thousands of Christian commentaries and books to pastors and lay people a like with no thought or expectation for myself. Only to have Muslim Imams throw the things I freely gave out at my feet threatening my life if I every give them these things again.

I spent 17 years in that field all by faith. watching and suffering from so called brethren who through jealousy or selfish desires spread lies and vicious rumors. And going to them face to face to see why they did such a thing only to see a hardened soul who without repentance and without remorse shut their mouths as they were caught with their own words.

So the next time you want to label me, call me names or say I am serpent like. You just tell yourself this, you have not gone as I have, and sacrifice and jeopardized your very life to reach those who have no hope with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Who am I? I am a lowly sinner saved by grace, a servant of the Living Christ.

Sounds like a good life, and reminds us that testifying of the things which we have seen and heard is necessary.

Anishinaabe

• Members

"I" "I" "I" "I" "I" "I"

"you have not"

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Matthew 7:21 (KJV) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:22 (KJV) 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 7:23 (KJV) 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Members

Who am I? a lowly sinner that Jesus Saved and by a course of events in my life he led me to a NON DENOMINATIONAL but Biblically sound church.  Where I heard the Gospel of the Cross of Jesus Christ, of the saviour that died for my sins and bore it in his own self and on his cross that I could live unto righteousness.

He called me and sent me to a Well Known and very Large Baptist Bible College free of any cost to me.  He prepared me and sent me out.  And out I went on a $20 promise never knowing if that person who promised it ever even gave it.

I served him as a single in that field and he had chose out a bride for me I was married and still am 16 years later.  I have three wonderful children all of them born in the Mission field not knowing how I would care for them and without any stable support of any kind.  He never once let us go hungry and we always had our bills payed and clothes on our backs.

I followed him and planted a church and preached the gospel seeing over 1000 people get save and personally leading almost 800 to Him.  I sat in an isolation ward with TB patients on their dying bed, Telling them about Christ and then leading them in prayer of faith upon His cross, jealous that they would proceed me into heaven.  But it was better for me to stay.

I went into maximum detention of one of the largest prison farms in the land I was sent to serve.  With hardened murderers, drug addicts and child rapists, I preached and saw them fall and cry as they professed their faith on Christ alone and watched their dismal and darkened lives brighten with the glory of God almighty as they sought him by faith. 

I have preached on crowded street corners only to be mocked and belittle, and to devil possessed, only to have them slap me across the face, only to feel it as if the Lord had caressed my cheek with his warm touch.

I have given over 3000 KJ Bibles away (and I could have given away 100,000 if I had them), over 50,000 tracks and thousands of Christian commentaries and books to pastors and lay people a like with no thought or expectation for myself.  Only to have Muslim Imams throw the things I freely gave out at my feet threatening my life if I every give them these things again.

I spent 17 years in that field all by faith.  watching and suffering from so called brethren who through jealousy or selfish desires spread lies and vicious rumors.  And going to them face to face to see why they did such a thing only to see a hardened soul who without repentance and without remorse shut their mouths as they were caught with their own words.

So the next time you want to label me, call me names, say I am serpent like or claim I am unsaved.  You just tell yourself this, you have not gone as I have, and sacrifice and jeopardized your very life to reach those who have no hope with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Who am I?  I am a lowly sinner saved by grace, a servant of the Living Christ.

Thank you for sharing your testimony on OB, AVBB.  I am happy to call you a brother in Christ.  God speed to you:)

• Members

So the next time you want to label me, call me names, say I am serpent like or claim I am unsaved.  You just tell yourself this, you have not gone as I have, and sacrifice and jeopardized your very life to reach those who have no hope with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.  People on here labeled you, called you names, questioned your salvation???  Shocking!  Welcome to the club!

• Members

Sadly, this has happened to you, as well, GS.  It is inexcusable behavior on a Christian forum.  It is times like this that I would rather be on a secular site such as Facebook.  I get this all the time from the lost.  It is disturbing to find this type of nonsense from Christians.  Then, to justify the wrong behavior?  *sigh*

• Moderators

Sigh. 

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." 1 Cor. 10:12

This is aimed at.... everyone. Including myself.

Why do we always have to rehash past wrongs? Especially considering that most of us have been on both sides of the fault.

Rather... "let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works..." Heb. 10:24

• Members

Sadly, this has happened to you, as well, GS.  It is inexcusable behavior on a Christian forum.  It is times like this that I would rather be on a secular site such as Facebook.  I get this all the time from the lost.  It is disturbing to find this type of nonsense from Christians.  Then, to justify the wrong behavior?  *sigh*

I likened it to the KJVO Ruckmanites sites that are out there.  Some here would fit right in with them

• Members

I didn't detail my salvation experience and the struggles it took and the miracles that had taken place.

I didn't share the details of devils and evil spirits that had been in and around our home in the mission field. I knew there were spiritual forces of darkness around us and in the heavenlies and that there be principalities and dominions that these evil creatures control, but I never believed for a moment I would see them as clear as I look at any living soul.

I never shared in detail the of Gods miraculous supply of food and funds from even unbelievers.

My daughter is urging me to write a book.  I have a title for it too, though the title may already be taken "So you want to be a missionary?"

I do not regret from one moment my going out into the mission field abroad without any deputation or major support network that many go out into.  I wanted God to prove my calling and he did over and over again.

Maybe there is one thing I would change in my opening thread, and that is my being presumptuous that he does not know what I have gone through in serving our Lord Jesus.  Maybe he is in the Lord service where he is at and that alone I know puts us in the sights of the enemy.

My focus now is my family, and being that this small slip of my vertebrae keeps me from working and supplying for our needs.  I am once again forced to my knees to cry out to Him who led Israel through the wilderness and provided all their needs, and seeking him to do so for me this day. 

My wife said this morning, (as I had only $45 and I wanted to take her for her driving test tomorrow (Friday)), "don't cancel your doctors appointment use that money today for your need and we will trust God tomorrow for tomorrows need".  Sometimes I am totally humbled by her faith.

I posted my OP because I was wanting to vent a little of my anger over being labeled and questioned about the Lord I serve and preach, but in a way that was also encouraging.  I will remember it and put it in my journal as well.

• Members

Who am I? a lowly sinner that Jesus Saved and by a course of events in my life he led me to a NON DENOMINATIONAL but Biblically sound church.  

Me too!

I'm a member of an Independent, Fundamental, Soul-Winning Baptist Church.

• Members

Well it just goes to show that IFB can't hold the exclusive claim to be Biblical.  You would be surprised to find there are some fairly solid Bible teaching and preaching churches out there that don't carry the baptist tag.

No, but those calling themselves such are the closest thing to the original.  It's not a shame to call oneself a Baptist unless of course one has gone SEEKER.

• Members

Sigh.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." 1 Cor. 10:12

This is aimed at.... everyone. Including myself.

Why do we always have to rehash past wrongs? Especially considering that most of us have been on both sides of the fault.

Rather... "let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works..." Heb. 10:24

Amen salyan

• Members

Well it just goes to show that IFB can't hold the exclusive claim to be Biblical. You would be surprised to find there are some fairly solid Bible teaching and preaching churches out there that don't carry the baptist tag.

There are believers in many denominations who serve the lord and go through many trials

Archived