• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Some People?

DaveW

• Members

In my local church one would change the light bulb and the other five would make fried chicken, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, corn bread and apple pie.  And the guy who changed the bulb would pour the sweet tea! 

I will pass on the collard greens, and I shudder to even think of putting sugar into anything brewed like coffee or tea.  

• Members

We aren't slamming ourselves, just funnin' around, and it's funny because there is a measure of truth involved.

I actually know some Baptist men who relish being viewed as a "bickering Baptist"; and even some who proudly display their big bellies and speak of never missing a church supper. A few of them are just trying to be funny, but for most of them it's become a matter of pride.

We, like everyone else, are not above problems, and we (most of us anyway) are not above joking among ourselves.

• Members

You guys slam each other.  No one else needs to.   :eye:  :popcorn:  :icon_smile:

We aren't a glum lot, GC.  That is for sure.   :nuts:   As John said, "we are just funnin' around."  I got used to it very quickly, b/c I was raised in a very close knit Irish, Roman Catholic family.  The adults had their disagreements, sometimes, but at the end of the night... they all still loved each other.  One becomes immune after awhile.  I find it rather stimulating and exciting to be able to jokingly talk with my IFB brothers and sisters in Christ.  Sure, we may disagree with one another at times, and that's okay.  I would defend them tooth and nail, if push came to shove, any day of the week.

• Members

Actually, I don't know any "religious group" that doesn't bicker...or start arguments with those with whom they don't agree.

Me neither, HC.  Neither religious groups, family, or cultural groups all have bickering from time to time.  It is a way of expression and it necessary for conversation.

• Moderators

About the only time I can agree with all involved is when it is just Me, Myself, and I.  :th_wellduh:  And sometimes not even then. :knuppel:

God bless,

Larry

Lol! Glad I'm not the only one who can't agree with themselves... :wink

Archived