• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Some People?

DaveW

• Members

I have some in my family which look for any occasion to find fault, argue, take things the wrong way and turn it into combat.

In my situation I pray the Lord will soften their hearts because they are hardened to the Truth. They don't want to hear about "religion" because of all the Christians they know who are hypocrites, act just like the lost, put on airs for Sunday but play the wicked fool the other six days, and that sort of thing.

Sad to say, some of them have also been misled as to how one gets to heaven so they have a false sense of security they will go there. Others don't believe in God, heaven and hell; while some have very distorted views of all these.

Sadly, the one thing they are so very good at is looking for occasion to argue and then arguing over everything as if it's of utmost importance.

• Members

I have some in my family which look for any occasion to find fault, argue, take things the wrong way and turn it into combat.

In my situation I pray the Lord will soften their hearts because they are hardened to the Truth. They don't want to hear about "religion" because of all the Christians they know who are hypocrites, act just like the lost, put on airs for Sunday but play the wicked fool the other six days, and that sort of thing.

Sad to say, some of them have also been misled as to how one gets to heaven so they have a false sense of security they will go there. Others don't believe in God, heaven and hell; while some have very distorted views of all these.

Sadly, the one thing they are so very good at is looking for occasion to argue and then arguing over everything as if it's of utmost importance.

How did you hijack or kidnap my entire family, John?!

• Members

We must be related John!  I have those exact same folks in my family too!  

• Members

Why is it that some people always read the worst from any post someone puts up?

Even if it is not there?

(Edited under advice from someone I respect)

Being prone to contentiousness is a prerequisite to being Baptist.

• Members

How many Baptist's does it take to change a light bulb?  6!  One to do the job and 5 to form the committee to decide who is going to make the fried chicken and potato salad for the event.

In my local church one would change the light bulb and the other five would make fried chicken, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, corn bread and apple pie.  And the guy who changed the bulb would pour the sweet tea! 

Archived