• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Republicans There Is Still Hope....

• Members

I am still available.  :smug:  Just give me some good speech writers so I don't have to say what I really think about things and I think I could win. :humble:

Whoops.  Belay that. :th_popout:  I nearly forgot about the skeletons in my closet.  Not available, sorry. :umno:

God bless,

Larry

Just run as a Democrat Larry.  Skeletons earn them a promotion in that party and if you've got really bad ones, you'll quickly shoot to the top as Presidential material.  Just show up and read the teleprompter for a few years and eventually extemporaneous speaking will come to you. hehehe

• Members

None of these men have yet to show they are a born again Christians  '' and will not get my vote ! Faithfully will I Trust " When God leads we cannot fail "

It is this type of reasoning that is partially to blame for Barak Obama's second term.

• Members

Not really Arbo.  America gets a Barack Obama or a George W. Bush or a John F. Kerry or a John McCain because her people as a whole have turned their backs on God.  Too many people calling themselves Christians are willing to run counter to God's Word and choose the lesser of two evils come election day.  Too many are unwilling to hold their elected officials to biblical standards of morality.  This has gone on for so long that not only does sin rule today, it's celebrated even by our elected leaders; the very same people we're commanded to pray for "first of all".

• Members

Too many people calling themselves Christians are willing to run counter to God's Word and choose the lesser of two evils come election day.  

I doubt that you can show Scripture that says what you claim.

(My bold for emphasis)

Edited by Arbo

• Administrators

Isn't it funny how the OT doesn't apply until those who claim it doesn't want to make it?   :ROFL:

Neglect of our responsibilities as citizens puts the problems in American squarely on the backs of Christians.

I'm hoping Ted Cruz runs. He's a born again Christian.  Of course, some will say he isn't enough of one...

• Administrators

I'd be happy with Rand Paul, too.  Anyone who believes the Constitution should be followed and practices it....Rand does claim to be a Christian. I don't walk in his shoes, so I can't verify it. But he understands the role of the federal government more than even most Christians do.  

• Members

Just run as a Democrat Larry.  Skeletons earn them a promotion in that party and if you've got really bad ones, you'll quickly shoot to the top as Presidential material.  Just show up and read the teleprompter for a few years and eventually extemporaneous speaking will come to you. hehehe

I was thinking more of running as a MUGWUMP.

God bless,

Larry

• 1 year later...
  • Members

When Obama won his second term I was really upset. A while later I was thinking of the second verse of our national anthem. "o thus be it ever when free men shall stand , between their loved homes ,and wars desolation............." I dawned on me this is not my loved home.  So I wrote the following words for our anthem.

Oh say can you sing

with the saints gone before

of Jesus our king  and His wondrous salvation

how in ne'r ending love came to die on the tree,

to rise from the grave , to gain final victory.

so raise your praise high, with the angels rejoice

let this be our cry, Jesus Christ is our choice

His banner o'er us is the love He has shown.

and we'll live eternally in our heavenly home.

to the tune of our "Star Spangled  Banner"

• Members

The governments of the nations of men were never meant to replace my Lord and Savior. They were permitted to show human kind how they could make error in judgement.

Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

Grail Knight: But choose wisely, for while the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you.
From the movie: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

In the case of limiting your choice of secular public servants because they are not Jesus Christ or at least the pastor of a local church...

Grail Knight: He chose poorly

...and we got Obama for a second term. The wolves are gnawing on us. 

• Members

Maybe this time around,  we can Cruz to victory.   B) Unashamed to let folks know he's a Christian and loves America.  It's been a while...

Just as Carter gave us Reagan,  mayhap Obama will give us Cruz.

​I noticed you've said nothing about Scott Walker. Is there something you know and could share?