• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Satan Will Not Be Coming In A Panzer Tank.

• Members

The 10 kings are the 10 Gothic kingdoms that conquered Rome and caused its downfall, they gave power to the Bishop of Rome who became pope.  

The prophecy bellow has not happened to Rome but it will.

Revelation 18:17-21

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

• Members

The prophecy bellow has not happened to Rome but it will.

Revelation 18:17-21

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Theologians are now saying that Babylon is the United States.  From what I understand the Anti-Christ will come out of anywhere.  However, America is supposed to be "Economic Babylon" and the False Prophet is supposed to come out of Rome.  Some are saying that the False Prophet could be this pope - Francis.

I am not saying the above is true.  I am just stating what I have heard some IFB preachers teach.  This has not been talked about in my IFB church, BTW.

I believe we should be more concerned about souls being won to Christ, rather than focusing on prophecy here.  After all we are saved, and it shouldn't really concern us.  Just my opinion.

• Members

I don't believe we should be looking for the anti-Christ, but should instead be constantly looking for the return of Christ; and living as if it could be today, this hour, this minute, because it could very well be.  So much time is wasted postulating on who is or will be the anti-Christ, when we should spend all our time working on who we are and will be when Christ appears suddenly and we are changed in a twinkling of an eye.  In my case, I fear I am no where near where I would want to be if I knew Christ was coming back this day.  It's His return I should be watchful for, NOT the anti-Christs appearing.

Bro. Garry

• Members

I don't believe we should be looking for the anti-Christ, but should instead be constantly looking for the return of Christ; and living as if it could be today, this hour, this minute, because it could very well be.  So much time is wasted postulating on who is or will be the anti-Christ, when we should spend all our time working on who we are and will be when Christ appears suddenly and we are changed in a twinkling of an eye.  In my case, I fear I am no where near where I would want to be if I knew Christ was coming back this day.  It's His return I should be watchful for, NOT the anti-Christs appearing.

Bro. Garry

Amen, Garry.  My husband pointed out, a few years ago, that Christians get so wrapped up in the Rapture, that we tend to look like fools to the lost.  Men put dates on it, and then have egg on their faces, b/c they are wrong.  His return is what we should be watching for, not taking our eyes off of Christ, and trying to win souls to Him.  

• Members

Amen, Garry.  My husband pointed out, a few years ago, that Christians get so wrapped up in the Rapture, that we tend to look like fools to the lost.  Men put dates on it, and then have egg on their faces, b/c they are wrong.  His return is what we should be watching for, not taking our eyes off of Christ, and trying to win souls to Him.  

1 Thessalonians 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Paul said we should watch for the signs so we can edify each other.

Candlelight I have great news for you and everyone. Since Israel, the nation not desired has gathered, the day of the Lord is near, it is near and hasteth greatly see Zephaniah 1:4-2:3

• Members

1 Thessalonians 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Paul said we should watch for the signs so we can edify each other.

Candlelight I have great news for you and everyone. Since Israel, the nation not desired has gathered, the day of the Lord is near, it is near and hasteth greatly see Zephaniah 1:4-2:3

Yes, we are the watch for the signs Eric.  And, the Rapture is near.  I spread the gospel to the lost b/c it is the word of God that brings people to the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, not talk about the Rapture.  I agree with my husband on this.

• Members

If we knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the rapture was happening tomorrow, or 1,000 years from now, it should make no difference in our daily lives.  The lost are not guaranteed tomorrow, and for them judgement may only be one heartbeat away.  I purpose to try and live life as if I had just saw the dead in Christ rise first, I was waiting for me to caught up with them, and I was standing in front of a lost person.  What would I say to that lost person, and how urgent would be my message?  I personally believe it is that close and there should be an urgency to our witnessing now.  The only purpose I see in looking for the signs is the same purpose all signs have had in the past, as a way to validate scripture, and demonstrate the end is very near and communicate the importance of a decision NOW.  

Bro. Garry

• Members

If we knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the rapture was happening tomorrow, or 1,000 years from now, it should make no difference in our daily lives.  The lost are not guaranteed tomorrow, and for them judgement may only be one heartbeat away.  I purpose to try and live life as if I had just saw the dead in Christ rise first, I was waiting for me to caught up with them, and I was standing in front of a lost person.  What would I say to that lost person, and how urgent would be my message?  I personally believe it is that close and there should be an urgency to our witnessing now.  The only purpose I see in looking for the signs is the same purpose all signs have had in the past, as a way to validate scripture, and demonstrate the end is very near and communicate the importance of a decision NOW.  

Bro. Garry

Great point, Garry.  As I said, I agree with my husband on this issue.  The lost need the gospel not talk about believers meeting Christ Jesus in the "twinkling of an eye."  As I stated, the Rapture has been talked about for many years.  While it is nice to talk about it among born again Christians, it is necessary to win people to Christ, w/o talk of the Rapture.  Many lost folk laugh at talk about the Rapture, b/c of the false prophets who have set dates on it.  It just makes Christians look badly, while seeds need to be planted and souls need to be won for the Lord.  

• Members

Every time I see this heading I think "of course not! Panzers have been out of commission for years - it would more likely be a Leopard 2 or whatever is current". :lol:

Sorry - I can't help it.... :lol:

• Members

Every time I see this heading I think "of course not! Panzers have been out of commission for years - it would more likely be a Leopard 2 or whatever is current". :lol:

Sorry - I can't help it.... :lol:

Abrams.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I agree he will probably come in by stealth, but he hardly has to be 99% like Christ to fool the people of this world.  Most people I see in this world are fooled a lot easier than that.  It is written somewhere, If you won't believe the truth you will believe a lie.  It doesn't take much to be fooled . . . . just don't believe the truth.

God bless,

Larry

Satan will not come in stealth. He will come in all "honesty" and the people of this planet will receive him wholeheartedly.  

Archived