• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Singers Of Southern Gospel Music

honebee873

• Members

Yes, can you clarify what you mean by this, prophet?

Yes, the daytime programming on our local Christian Radio Station is a grunge/goth whining style that I can't stand.

I can't relate to those emotions.

But in the middle of the night, some station plays old sermons, and such.

Anishinaabe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love to play a guitar or something like it! I just wasn't blessed with that talent though. :/ I would rather sing and let someone else play for me, but when I don't have anyone else, I play the piano. In my older years I struggle with doing two things at once lol

• Moderators

I would love to play a guitar or something like it! I just wasn't blessed with that talent though. :/ I would rather sing and let someone else play for me, but when I don't have anyone else, I play the piano. In my older years I struggle with doing two things at once lol

Extremely rare is the individual who can't learn to play an instrument to a moderate level of acceptability.

Extremely common is the individual who doesn't put the necessary work into doing so.

Contrary to what many believe, it is also true of singing.

• Members

There is no way I could ever learn to play an instrument or by any stretch of the imagination, sing.  I am tone deaf, and unable to match a sound by tone to one that is played so I am always off when singing.  I can only sing at a range natural and comfortable for my voice and it that is way way off from everyone else...well then I am making a "joyful noise".  I am also almost completely deaf in my left ear (indistinct buzzing sound only) and therefor that creates issues as well.   

Bro. Garry

• Members

There is no way I could ever learn to play an instrument or by any stretch of the imagination, sing. I am tone deaf, and unable to match a sound by tone to one that is played so I am always off when singing. I can only sing at a range natural and comfortable for my voice and it that is way way off from everyone else...well then I am making a "joyful noise". I am also almost completely deaf in my left ear (indistinct buzzing sound only) and therefor that creates issues as well.

Bro. Garry

i also suffer with the buzzing sound. Thought it might be tinnitis, but tinnitis is more of a ringing, a reverb, if i understand correctly.

Not sure what the buzzing sound is, but I hear it from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. It is loudest when I am my tiredest.

• Members

Mine is not a constant buzzing sound, it is just all that I really hear if I cover my right ear and try to listen to someone talk or music.  If I need to wake up earlier than usual with an alarm then I have to pray my right ear isn't into the pillow or I never hear the alarm until I roll over.  A cordless phone in my house is a disaster because I can't triangulate where a sound is coming from with only one ear.  I hear the phone ring but I couldn't tell you how far away, what direction, or even what room it is ringing in.  I should probably invest in one of those alarm clocks for deaf people that use flashing bright lights or something to wake you.  

Of course I never have to worry about sleeping past 7:15 am.  My cat can somehow tell time and if I am late for his daily 7 am feeding he is standing on my chest at 7:15  ready to rip my lips off.

Bro. Garry

• Members

I have constant ringing or whatever it would be called, in both ears, a little louder in the right ear. It's probably tinnitus or something like that. It began in 2008 and hasn't ceased since.

When there are other sounds around I can mostly ignore it or not notice it. It's when it's very quiet that it really stands out. I often run a fan because the sound of the fan seems to drown out the buzzing or ringing sound.

Archived