• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Singers Of Southern Gospel Music

honebee873

• Members

Lol... just a little bit... candlelight. Is there a godly area of the USA? :wink

That is true, Salyan.  However, I live in the "Frozen Northern."  I don't mean the weather, either.   :icon_smile:   We have so many Roman Catholics and Lutherans in my area.  Also, there is a mix of about everything ungodly in my area.  You name a religion and we've got it here.  One has to drive a ways to find an IFB church, as well.    

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I loved the Happy Goodmans and Squire Parsons years ago.  I don't have any of their music now, but would listen to it if I did (from back in the 60s, 70s).  "Looking for a City" was my favorite Goodman song, and "Beulah Land" my favorite Parsons song.  That's the song we had sung at my dad's memorial service (Beulah Land). He was a Squire fan, and the words were apropos.

• Members

I can't even find a good Christian radio station in my area. The one station is all CCM or Christian Rock and the other station is talk. It has turned charismatic over the past several years. They play some music, but it is not edifying to the Lord Jesus Christ. It would be nice to have one truly Christian radio station in my area. I collect gospel CD's from missionaries that come to my church. Also, the man who plays the piano, in my church, has put together CD's with gospel music in them. I am also able to download some gospel music on my IPhone. Other than that, I don't live in a godly area of the USA, so good godly music is hard to find.

That's how it is here, overnight, J Vernon Mckgee, during the day, yowling whiners.

Anishinaabe

Archived