• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Singers Of Southern Gospel Music

honebee873

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my goodness, there's electric guitars, distortions, fuzz, drums...... some of it is absolutely stressful to me.

My "Southern Gospel" must be old stuff then - or maybe I am naming it wrong......
:lol:

• Members

I can't even find a good Christian radio station in my area.  The one station is all CCM or Christian Rock and the other station is talk.  It has turned charismatic over the past several years.  They play some music, but it is not edifying to the Lord Jesus Christ.  It would be nice to have one truly Christian radio station in my area.  I collect gospel CD's from missionaries that come to my church. Also, the man who plays the piano, in my church, has put together CD's with gospel music in them.  I am also able to download some gospel music on my IPhone.  Other than that, I don't live in a godly area of the USA, so good godly music is hard to find.  

• Members

FBNradio is an excellent online Christian radio station AND it is available as a free mobile App!  So as long as you have cell coverage or wifi, you can have excellent Christ honoring, no rock, no CCM music.  Other great online stations I listen to are oldchristianradio.com (this station makes it a one click option to purchase a cd of the music you like) and KNVBC.com.

Bro. Garry

• Members

Lol... just a little bit... candlelight. Is there a godly area of the USA? :wink

I don't know about a godly area of the USA, but as a door to door soul winner I sure notice a HUGE difference between my door knocking results and treatment in North Carolina and Texas compared to the abuse and extremely cold reaction you get here in the Pacific Northwest. 

• Members

Not too many areas are godly, but we sure aren't cold to in Mississippi! :frog:

Have you seen our "Recipes" site here Honebee?  I am SURE you have some great recipes for some authentic Cajun food and some great Jambalaya!  Don't keep all that goodness to yourself in the south.  We NEED some of that up here in the Pacific Northwest.  Maybe we wouldn't be so cold if we had some of that heat in our bellies!  

• Members

LOL oh yes, I sure do! They will warm ya'll right on up! I'm right on the Mississippi-Louisiana state line, so while I'm not too fond of some of their ways, we cook about the same except I don't use "innards" or "outards" in my cooking.   :biggrin:

• Members

Anyone know much about Jason Crabb these days? I know I've heard a few of his songs that were good and of an older Southern Gospel style but I've had some people say he also now has more contemporary Southern Gospel songs, some even perhaps like CCM, but they couldn't name any of the songs.

I've noticed he's scheduled to be in the area this year and was wondering.

Archived