• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are You Ready To Quit The Ministry?

The Glory Land

• Members

I think you should quit, nobody cares about you anyway. Too much head aces and you are just tired of it. They don’t appreciate what you’re doing. They don’t pay you enough and you’re working more than forty hours a week. You have to work many night and weekends. Why don’t you go back to your old job, you earn more money and have better benefits there. These so called Christians are using you. Make the choice today and quit. Your friend, Satan The Devil.

I can hear you crying and asking for help. I just wanted to tell you too hang in there my friend. Help is on its way.

TGL...  :godisgood: 

• Members

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

• Members

Quit nothing.....don't lose your faith!

Brothers and Sisters,

Word of the LORD; I Kings 22…”} And it came to pass in the third year, that Jehoshaphat the king of Judah came down to the king of Israel.  And the king of Israel said unto his servants, Know ye that Ramoth in Gilead [is] ours, and we [be] still, [and] take it not out of the hand of the king of Syria? And he said unto Jehoshaphat, Wilt thou go with me to battle to Ramoth- gilead? And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, I [am] as thou [art,] my people as thy people, my horses as thy horses. And Jehoshaphat said unto the king of Israel, Enquire, I pray thee, at the word of the LORD to day.Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about four hundred men, and said unto them, Shall I go against Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall I forbear? And they said, Go up; for the Lord shall deliver [it] into the hand of the king. And Jehoshaphat said, [is there] not here a prophet of the LORD besides, that we might enquire of him? And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, [There is] yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquire of the

LORD:”

“but….”

“I HATE HIM; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil.”

And this last remark of King Ahab of Israel aptly fits what he thought of GOD’s prophets for Ahab hated all of them because they told him how wicked and full of evil he was. And as with Ahab so went the rest of Israel through his rein, serving Baal, whoring after other Gods, taking the counsel of that wicked whore Jezebel and disrespecting the prophets and thus hating absolutely the LORD thy GOD.

Luke 6:46, word of the LORD…”Why do you call me LORD and yet you do not do that which I tell you.”

Ahab goes so far as to bring forth 400 error filled prophets who speak not the word of GOD but the words meant to tickle the ears and rub the feet of a wicked king. But good that King Jehoshaphat of Judah was a man of GOD and far wiser…”Ok Ahab...get these fools out of my sight and bring forth the prophet of GOD. I don’t care what YOU think. You don’t matter over GOD!”

Word of the LORD; Deuteronomy 18: “The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto

me; unto him ye shall hearken.”

How great and wise and simple our LORD. Why do you need 400 babbling fools full of error looking to slake the feelings of a foolish King when all you need is one good prophet who speaks with the authority of GOD’s word and can back it up! Look what Elijah did to Ahab’s babbling idiots of Baal at Mount Carmel.

My friends, we have the same thing happening today in churches all over America. We have hundreds of fools looking to stroke the feelings of the worldly and a few good men of GOD who are willing to stand up and defend his word without fear.

We have hundreds of people finding excuses to excuse the filth of holly (witches) wood or the filthy iconography of Disney and a few good men of GOD who rightly speak that these abominations will one day burn for the wrath of an angry LORD!

We have hundreds of churches preaching a world hungry gospel and praying that America will live forever and a few men of GOD who rightly say this rotten anti-Christ nation will one day fall and those who live for it will join it in hell!

We have hundreds of preachers excusing sodomy and deviancy, filling the houses of GOD with false teaching and filthy lucre and a few men of GOD calling them to get right with Christ or go right to hell!

We have cowards preaching a gospel of cowardice and a few good men of GOD pounding the pavement with the LORD’s good book and preaching the love in authority and not the love to tickle the ears and send giggles through empty wicked hearts.

But good that King Jehoshaphat of Judah was a man of GOD and far wiser…”Ok Ahab...get these fools out of my sight and bring forth the prophet of GOD. I don’t care what YOU think. You don’t matter over GOD!”

Christian, who cares what others think or who you offend, you speak for the LORD! You speak HIS word! You preach HIS BIBLE and you work for HIS KINGDOM! Who CARES what MAN THINKS!

Christians, stop being weak and start working for the LORD. Stop defending Disney, Hollywood, rock and roll and this dead world and you SPEAK for the coming of the LORD our GOD!

Don’t be a slaker for Ahab, be a man of Christ!

Blessed be the LORD…..Amen.

• Members

Our pastor has vacation time each year that he can take whenever he wants. The vacation time is set up so that he can take it all at once if he wishes (he's never done that) or a week here and a week there, or a day here and a day there.

This was in addition to regular vacation time.

• Members

Christians need to support their pastor and show him Godly love at all times and be in constant prayer for him, he is as human as we are and can be tempted with discouragement  by Satan just as Glory Land has shown.      

• Moderators

Vacation??? Vas ist das?

Between the ministry work, the farm and a full-time job, I haven't had a vacation in years.

I used to go to San Diego every February to go to a Leadership conference at Lighthouse Baptist church, and that was my vacation: four days of preaching and teaching-and let me tell you, it was a vacation! I loved getting under the preaching for a few days. Many would see that as oppostie of a vacation, but I loved it! Sadly I have not been able to go for about 5 years.

• Members

Toilet bowl brush is missing and I see you've only got a 17 inch CRT display, not the new fancy 148lb 21 inchers!  

I gotta massive 2.1gig hard drive to donate for a computer upgrade though?

Archived